Imran Khan: When will the torture end?

Autonomous

7 hours ago, Mohan Swamy said:

A big lol at youthias who think Imran is not corrupt. As per this Pakistani journalist, his income tax returns filed after he became PM was 3300% more in value compared to what he filed when he was not the PM (skip to 11:30 in the video below).

Also, he sold off gifts that he received from other country heads and pocketed the proceeds (6:00 in the video below).

These youthias are overseas pakistanis. I live in pakistan and can tell you that this PTI govt was the most corrupt regime in the history. 

We had CM Punjab taking bribes for postings

18 hours ago, Mohan Swamy said:

A big lol at youthias who think Imran is not corrupt. As per this Pakistani journalist, his income tax returns filed after he became PM was 3300% more in value compared to what he filed when he was not the PM (skip to 11:30 in the video below).

Also, he sold off gifts that he received from other country heads and pocketed the proceeds (6:00 in the video below).

Facing corruption of billions and just released from jail on bail , Sharifs and Zardari's with their Patwaris and Jyalas leadership  are  desperate to involve IK in at least some sort of corruption but too bad, they are not able to find anything . Even the LHC and IHC waiting anxiously to take any case against IK but the problem is that this Tosha Khana BS has no legs , what Ik did was totally legal . But paid up media and Patwaris cannot keep quite to their political death ,  they have to talk about something and hoping they will find something . Ik is an honest man , everyone knows. 

On 4/20/2022 at 11:11 AM, First class said:

, I agree,  army  has done many things which has not been good for the country and has been too much involved in the politics which is not their business at all , but the main culprits for the mess Pakistan is in are the corrupt politician and precisely two families , Sharif and Bhutto , they could easily sell their mother if the price is right.

You are aware of how Nawaz Sharif first became a major political player right? who 'made' him?  

I can understand the frustration, anger and disappointment with corruption and corrupt politicians.  Of course we would all feel the rage when we see such 'bad guys' in leadership roles.  But as an educated man, you have to ask yourself this simple question - which is the bigger problem for your country?  The chor, or the institutional powerhouse that controls the power levers in your country, and uses, creates, allows such chors to be political players? 

Of course Sharif Bhutto etc aren't angels.  But they are symptoms - they are not the disease.  How can you not see that? 

Let me say this directly to you - I'm one of the most pro-pakistani person you will find on this forum - and by this I mean, the people of Pakistan - not the state.  And my primary desire when it  comes to India-Pakistan, is to have normal peaceful relations.  I have no desire to see Pakistan or Pakistanis struggle.  

And the way I see it - playing musical Kursi, with Imraan, Sharif, Bhutto, or whoever else - is not going to make much difference for Pakistanis, or Pakistan.  You guys need to reset the power structure in your state apparatus. You cannot have the chowkidar use his uniform 'costume' and laathi, to exercise disproportionate power internally, as has been the case for pretty much the entirety of Pakistan's existence.  It has led to disaster after disaster.  And will continue to do so, for the simple reason that what's good for the Pakistan army, will always take precedence over what's good for the Pakistani state, and its citizenry.  

On 4/20/2022 at 11:11 AM, First class said:

Let me just share my personal experience , in IK's cabinet most of the people were professionals. Health minister was Dr Faisal Sultan , a highly educated , US trained professional , otherwise a regular guy. I had met him two times and his team did a wonderful job during the pandemic, probably one of the best handled covid situation in the world. And, now, the new "health minister " is a uneducated, unprofessional gang leader from Sindh , a close friend of Zardari. 

Again , I'm talking about my personal experience , not media report or social media speculation. 

Look at this guy below in picture , in light blue suite and tie , left of Shebaz Sharif . His name is Hanif Abbassi . Here he is with SS the next day of SS became PM , last week. I know Hanif very well and he knew me when I was a student and Hanif was a politician in Rawalpindi . He belonged to a nice , religious middle class family in Rawalpindi . He used to have a motor bike and he previously was in student politics with a religious party ( Jamat-e-Islami ) and joined the mainstream politics . Suddenly we saw changes in him , he started driving flashy expensive cars and switched to PML-N , ruling party at that time . Later he became their main leader in Rawalipindi and won MNA elections . He was heavily involved in corruption of health care funds for his own drug dealing business , eventually hew as caught and sent to jail for life .  

That's a terrible anecdote, and such gangster politics is an unfortunate reality in both our countries.  Hopefully, with time and an improved resource equation between supply and demand, such things become a thing of the past, and the present.  

I'll just leave it with this -this kind of gangster politics and criminal capture o democratic processes is a major issue in Indian politics, particularly in areas like UP, Bihar etc.  To such an extent that this guy Yogi Adityanath is getting a lot of support from educated, urban voters in Uttar Pradesh, simply because he's taking major steps and action against it.  Now thats a good thing of course, but it doesn't come alone - this guy is demonstrating patterns of 'enforcement' that are major warning signals, when it comes to abuse of power by the state, collective punishment, and while I dont know much about him or his background - there's a lot of noise around his religious rhetoric as well.  But because people are sick and fed up of seeing criminals thrive in politics and government, he's getting popular support.  My point is this - frustration with bad actors in politics can lead to good, educated folks make deals with the devil.  Deals that perpetuate problems instead of solving them, or in some cases, may end up making things worse.  I see the Imran's tenure as PM as a classic example of this.