Dinesh Karthik - Overrated?

swami1984

What do you guys think of Dinesh Karthik? I was wondering as to why he was in the ODI squad for Aus. His record so far speaks for itself. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/30045.html So, is he overrated? Or have we not given him enough chances to prove himself? Should DD bench him and take an additional batsman (and have deVilliers keep wickets)?

dinesh kartik is the best wicket-keeper we have behind the stumps. he can easily save 10-20 runs with his wicket-keeping. also, dinesh kartik will be more useful in tests than odis. in tests, keeping ability matters more than batting & his batting is also more suited to tests. and there is no reason y dinesh kartik should be dropped from the xi of delhi team

its a mixture of bad luck and limited number of chances for DK..its not like he really sucks and doesn deserve a spot in our squad..he is a gud batting talent and he showed that jus before th 2007 wc and even in the test series against Eng..but after that he has been getting out trying to score quickly or has been coming in wen the match is a lost cause..and the other youngsters have caught up with him like Rohit Uthappa and Gambhir..he is a good keeper and he shd be the natural pick for a reserve keeper in our test squad..ODIs well i think he needs a bit more time and dropping him mite not be the end of the road for DK..he can still perform well in ranji and come back..he is a very gud future prospect..and regarding the IPL i guess Delhi can try out the AB devillers option of keeping and including an extra bat or bowler..coz that extra option is causing them their defeats rite now..and if DK doesn fire today im sure he wud be dropped soon..

dinesh kartik is the best wicket-keeper we have behind the stumps. he can easily save 10-20 runs with his wicket-keeping. also, dinesh kartik will be more useful in tests than odis. in tests, keeping ability matters more than batting & his batting is also more suited to tests. and there is no reason y dinesh kartik should be dropped from the xi of delhi team
And MS Dhoni is the best wicket-keeper we have in front of the stumps? Dhoni is doing a fine job as a keeper (behind the stumps that is) - I don't see any reason to replace him in Tests. He's a fine captain too.