IPL 2022 || Bowling Record of Indian Pacers in the PowerPlay Overs (1-6)

DarkProfile

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

IIRC a lot of Avesh Khan's PP wickets are from slower balls ... which may not work that well in Australia except Sydney and maybe Adelaide.

EB, but Australia do have a few deceptive pacers in Moises Henriques and Kane Richardson who take a lot of wickets because of their varying pace (110-135 kmph) and slow bouncers in T20 Internationals and BBL.

I've embedded the links to their bowling in their names. Do check out and let me know if I'm reading their bowling wrong.

11 minutes ago, DarkProfile said:

EB, but Australia do have a few deceptive pacers in Moises Henriques and Kane Richardson who take a lot of wickets because of their varying pace (110-135 kmph) and slow bouncers in T20 Internationals and BBL.

I've embedded the links to their bowling in their names. Do check out and let me know if I'm reading their bowling wrong.

I was discussing PP wickets.  Most of those wickets by deception in Australia are during the last 10 overs as per my impression.

The first 4 or 5 overs should be proper seam up bowling as long as some movement is on offer.

21 minutes ago, DarkProfile said:

But Henriques & Richardson won't be most likely in plating XI...  Starc Hazlewood Cummins will be there.  All three can be destructive with new ball there. 

The trio never plays together in T20 bilaterals. 

I will suggest u watch T20 series b/w Pak v Aus in Aus & see how much swing & Pace Starc was generating & picking up early wickets as well. 

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I was discussing PP wickets.  Most of those wickets by deception in Australia are during the last 10 overs as per my impression.

The first 4 or 5 overs should be proper seam up bowling as long as some movement is on offer.

Thanks, got it. You're right that a deceptive bowler is mostly for the middle or death phase.

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

But Henriques & Richardson won't be most likely in plating XI...  Starc Hazlewood Cummins will be there.  All three can be destructive with new ball there. 

The trio never plays together in T20 bilaterals. 

I will suggest u watch T20 series b/w Pak v Aus in Aus & see how much swing & Pace Starc was generating & picking up early wickets as well. 

Yes, you're right. :beer:

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

IIRC a lot of Avesh Khan's PP wickets are from slower balls ... which may not work that well in Australia except Sydney and maybe Adelaide.

Interestingly, Avesh bowled Jos Butler at a 135 kmph swinging delivery.

5.1 what a start to your spell! Buttler's stumps rattled, and Avesh has struck. Full around off stump, angling in to the stumps as Buttler tries to welcome him with a sloggy swipe to long on. Misses the connection, and Avesh hits bulls eye 42/1