Fabispray - knocks covid dead?

goose

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/02/12/covid-nasal-spray-halves-time-test-positive-pcr-test-could-available/

is covid over in india? a new wave of BA5 subvariant is sweeping across the UK. the under 75 population had their last vaccine shot around Dec 2021

above article is 3 months old. nasal spray sanotize recently licensed and launched in India under brand name Fabispray. anyone using it?

Decent-sized double-blinded trial showed good efficacy and tolerance.  Use it as another tool; don't depend completely on it.  For instance, you spray it in your nose and get in long convos with unmasked people packed into a small room and someone there is infected, enough virus could get in through your mouth into your throat and lungs, even if your nostrils are protected. In the end, it's a numbers game.

Let's say it  takes a 1000 viral particles to kick infection into gear in your body. If Fabispray has 99% efficacy, but you are hit with a million viral particles within a short period, there's only so much that physical barrier could hold up. So, just be prudent and use it as another layer of protection, not *the* protection.

3 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Decent-sized double-blinded trial showed good efficacy and tolerance.  Use it as another tool; don't depend completely on it.  For instance, you spray it in your nose and get in long convos with unmasked people packed into a small room and someone there is infected, enough virus could get in through your mouth into your throat and lungs, even if your nostrils are protected. In the end, it's a numbers game.

Let's say it  takes a 1000 viral particles to kick infection into gear in your body. If Fabispray has 99% efficacy, but you are hit with a million viral particles within a short period, there's only so much that physical barrier could hold up. So, just be prudent and use it as another layer of protection, not *the* protection.

makes sense thanks. i wonder how it reduces viral load once you are infected though? is the nose like a key site of replication or is it just a means to administer a dose to the body?

34 minutes ago, goose said:

makes sense thanks. i wonder how it reduces viral load once you are infected though? is the nose like a key site of replication or is it just a means to administer a dose to the body?

Yeah, that's confusing and I need to dig deeper. On first look, it seemed like they were measuring nasal viral loads. I am sceptical that administering nitric oxide periodically in your nostrils will get enough of it to spread through all infected cells and access the viruses there, although it could trigger immune responses that then destroy the virus. Seems harmless enough as another tool in the toolkit.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict