Why are the semifinals and final taking place in Mumbai?

Yuvraj4Captaincy

they want to avoid the problems of the semifinalist teams fighting among themselves. so they decided before hand where the matches will be played. imagine kolkota vs jaipur - ist semifinal. Do you really think kolkota will allow the match to take place in jaipur. the more i think about it, the more sensible the decision seems

they want to avoid the problems of the semifinalist teams fighting among themselves. so they decided before hand where the matches will be played. imagine kolkota vs jaipur - ist semifinal. Do you really think kolkota will allow the match to take place in jaipur. the more i think about it, the more sensible the decision seems
what's with kolkatta "allowing" it? if the better gets to host it that's more sensible than mumbai hogging all the matches.

What kindaa logic is tht? Who are Kolkotta to allow what or what now. Its simple, if they want semi finals in their town, they should have more points or if tied in the case of points, then better run rate to to ensure a semi in their city. Semifinals and Finals should be played in the cities of the team competing and not Mumbai. Plus, its gives unfair advantage to Mumbaa if they reach semifinals and/or final.

Whoever has the highest point in the league table should host the semis. Eg. Semi 1: Rajastan(20 points) Vs Chennai(16 points) in rajasthan Semi 2 : Mumbai (16 points, higher NRR) Vs Punjab (16) in Punjab Final: Chennai Vs Mumbai (higher NRR in league) in mumbai It will give the team more incentive to win everything in the leagues as well.

Whoever has the highest point in the league table should host the semis. Eg. Semi 1: Rajastan(20 points) Vs Chennai(16 points) in rajasthan Semi 2 : Mumbai (16 points, higher NRR) Vs Punjab (16) in Punjab Final: Chennai Vs Mumbai (higher NRR in league) in mumbai It will give the team more incentive to win everything in the leagues as well.
Exactly thats wut I said. However dont agree with your predictions though.LOL.It will be Rajasthan vs Punjab final. cheers

I think they had to decide in advance to arrange for travel and stay of Commentators ' date=' equipment etc , BCCI should work on it so they dont have the same problem next year[/quote'] It can be worked out if they are willign to. Like when its this close in the tournament, you can make arrangements in the cities of the teams vying for semis spot cuz you kindaa have the idea by now and going by the result, chose one of those multiple arrangements. Dont tell me this IPL is this unprofessional and dont hae the money to do that.

the semi-finals should have been held in the home ground of the higher ranked team the 1st v 4th semi-final - homeground of the team which finishes 1st the 2nd v 3rd semi-final - homeground of the team which finishes 2nd final - homeground of the team which had the better position in the league

what's with kolkatta "allowing" it? if the better gets to host it that's more sensible than mumbai hogging all the matches.
Kolkota cricket board are the most influenced board after mumbai, in india. :) semifinal matches will generate a lot of revenue. there will be a lot of politics and fights amongst the boards if the venues are not decided beforehand. secondly, i dont think u can give 2 days notice to the grounds authorities anywhere. they will require atleast a weeks notice. the iternary has to be planned earlier. its not mumbai grabbing all the main matches that i am arguing for... even chennai and banglore could have hosted them. iam just saying that its good they planned beforehand

the semi-finals should have been held in the home ground of the higher ranked team the 1st v 4th semi-final - homeground of the team which finishes 1st the 2nd v 3rd semi-final - homeground of the team which finishes 2nd final - homeground of the team which had the better position in the league
Deja vu

Kolkota cricket board are the most influenced board after mumbai, in india. :) semifinal matches will generate a lot of revenue. there will be a lot of politics and fights amongst the boards if the venues are not decided beforehand. secondly, i dont think u can give 2 days notice to the grounds authorities anywhere. they will require atleast a weeks notice. the iternary has to be planned earlier. its not mumbai grabbing all the main matches that i am arguing for... even chennai and banglore could have hosted them. iam just saying that its good they planned beforehand
ok, let's say these bozos are incapable of arranging a match with a few days notice although it happens all the time in the US where a series finishes and teams are ready for the next series in a few days. so, you are saying everyone will be happy with mumbai hogging 3 games but will have a big big problem if it is spread between 3 diff cities? at a minimum, it should have been semis in two diff cities and finals in a 3rd city, even if it is fixed in advance.

ok, let's say these bozos are incapable of arranging a match with a few days notice although it happens all the time in the US where a series finishes and teams are ready for the next series in a few days. so, you are saying everyone will be happy with mumbai hogging 3 games but will have a big big problem if it is spread between 3 diff cities? at a minimum, it should have been semis in two diff cities and finals in a 3rd city, even if it is fixed in advance.
yes you are right, thats my view too. I was trying to say that instead of waiting till the semi-finalists are confirmed and then finalizing the venues, this is better. But still yeah... one semifinal in mumbai/kolkota/jaipur/punjab and one in chennai/banglore/hyderabad and finals in delhi would have been ideal. Come to think of it, even the WC11 finals was supposed to be in delhi, but i think pawar changed the venue to mumbai.