Why was Mohammad Kaif so overrated?

Majestic

17 minutes ago, Lord said:

Different times. We didn't have overflow of talent that we have now.

Our other option was Dinesh Mongia

It is not just about Kaif getting a long run, that is completely fine because of overflow of talent or whatever.

My point is that Kaif does get rated purely on nostalgic reasons. I don't think Pandey will be remembered highly 10 years down the line.

Edited by Majestic
1 minute ago, Majestic said:

It is not just about Kaif getting a long run, that is completely fine because of overflow of talent or whatever.

My point is that Kaif does get rated purely on nostalgic reasons. I don't think Pandey will be remembered highly 10 years down the line.

Why should Pandey be remembered? Did he play crucial innings in WC or a final of overseas tri series thereby winning us a tournament after long?

IPL doesn't matter. Only other is 100 v depleted Aussie attack where we had already lost the series IIRC

2 hours ago, Lord said:

Why should Pandey be remembered? Did he play crucial innings in WC or a final of overseas tri series thereby winning us a tournament after long?

IPL doesn't matter. Only other is 100 v depleted Aussie attack where we had already lost the series IIRC

Kaif didn't played any crucial inning in World Cup. Let not equate a 150 run chase as equivalent to some 250 run chase, there is nothing to write about that knock. He played a top knock in the NatWest Final and Pandey played one in Australia and Pandey also averaged over 40 in T20s. He has done as much as Kaif did.

Just now, Majestic said:

Kaif didn't played any crucial inning in World Cup. Let not equate a 150 run chase as equivalent to some 250 run chase, there is nothing to write about that knock. He played a top knock in the NatWest Final and Pandey played one in Australia and Pandey also averaged over 40 in T20s. He has done as much as Kaif did.

150 chase where we are reduced to 3-21 is as good as 250 chase.Same way played a 50 after early wickets in Pak 2004

Also has a ton v NZ in final of some tri series.

Pandey's knock didn't win us the series or was vs top bowlers.

Uthappa is remembered more than both due to T20 WC even though has poorer numbers

Additionally,I faintly recall Kaif scored century against Zim when we were struggling against them losing quick wkts..kind of saved us from embarrassment

it was champions trophy:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-champions-trophy-2002-03-61114/india-vs-zimbabwe-3rd-match-66182/full-scorecard

he was a gun fielder at that time..batting+gun fielding close to AR at thay time..

Natwest final we cant forget..it was a beginning of a new Era!!

Edited by Need4Speed