Take a bow Clark and Lee

They just kept charging in non stop for 20 overs today in the morning - a match where WI could have had a chance if they had seen off an opening spell from the two was effectively finished off by them. To bowl with such sustained pace and hostility for 20 overs in the tropics on the 5th day of a test is amazing stuff. Putting in 10 over spells really reduces the chances of batsmen seeing off a particular bowler as would be the case for "normal" 5-6 over spells that pacers bowl.

seriously man. Lee has been continuing his good form and this Clark, well he might be 32, might have joined aussie squad very late, but is just too good to be kept away from this aussie side. hatz off seriously. what a great bowling line up these aussies always have this clark guy might have an ordinary action, but he makes the batsman look ordinary with his bowling

I think some test batsmen should take a cue from T20 and ODIs and really start attacking Clark. Especially those that are not known for their defense. No point in trying to hang around against Clark on an up and down pitch. Anyway great bowling. How lucky have Australia been? Just as McGrath departs, they find Clark. Hope we can have replacements for AK, SRT and RD.

They just kept charging in non stop for 20 overs today in the morning - a match where WI could have had a chance if they had seen off an opening spell from the two was effectively finished off by them. To bowl with such sustained pace and hostility for 20 overs in the tropics on the 5th day of a test is amazing stuff. Putting in 10 over spells really reduces the chances of batsmen seeing off a particular bowler as would be the case for "normal" 5-6 over spells that pacers bowl.
Thats true. Lee is eccentric. I have lost count of the no. of 6+ over spells Lee has bowled at 150k. To top it all, he does not miss a single game in Aussie clothes -- be it T20, Test or a ODI.

I still havent forgotten the near 15-over spell that Lee bowled to us either side of the tea-break, on the final day at Adelaide. He kept charging in and in and the pressure and the intensity of his bowling was almost unbelievable. Easily the best fast bowler in the world right now.

Yes, Lee has been outstanding with his sustained pace and stamina and watching him bowl is a pleasure but I still think that Dale Steyn is the best fast bowler in the world at the moment. There's more craft and subtelty in Lee's bowling but...

Right now I'm watching on TV a replay of an old game from much earlier this year. New South Wales vs. Victoria, Pura Cup final at the SCG. They're right now airing the third session of day 2, and it's quite amazing to watch the effort both Lee and Clark put in. It's one thing to roar in during a test or ODI or a T20 where you're getting paid thousands for each ball, another altogether in a first class match with little press and only a few hundred or thousand watching. Yet I've been watching Clark produce the same sort of spell that he has in test matches to the likes of Hodge, Hussey and White, and now seeing Lee rampage through the lower order with serious pace, hostility and long spells constantly at 150 kmh and more. That they'll both deliver like this in a f/c match (at the end of the Aus season in March/April, after a long test series and more ODIs) says eons about them. Fantastic cricketers who deserve every bit of respect they have.