Australia World Cup 2023 Teams

Tarak9

pAustralia announced World Cup team 18 member.
ICC wants world Cup side of 15 only which aus will updated in September 2023

World Cup *ODI Squad:Australia Pat Cummins (C), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Nathan Ellis, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Tanveer Sangha, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa

( world Cup team will be 15 later on 

I guess same team will play vs SA 5 ODI & 3 ODI vs india that means Australia officially left out Labuschagne from World Cup 2023 team

i will post england world Cup team soon right here 

Edited by Tarak9

Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer in consideration for World Cup selection

Speaking to the Daily Mail, England's white-ball coach said Stokes will be asked to rethink his retirement from the format while Archer, who hasn't played since May, will be given "every opportunity" to prove his fitness

Matthew Mott: Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer in consideration for World Cup selection | The Cricketer

Still very conservative . Looks like they still want someone to play the anchoring role - Smith .  This is a mistake  .   They need to try Caleb Jewell in that spot . They can always go back to Smith if that doesn't work out  .

Stoinis has been garbage for 5 years. Makes Moeen Ali look like Jacques Kallis.  They should've tried Matthew Short .

Also I think Josh Philippe instead of Alex Carey . Carey has been a bit of a liability with the bat.

All 3 - Smith, Stoinis and Carey have batted way too slowly and choked their own batting lineup. Replacements can potentially make Australia outright favourites, no questions asked. 

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Still very conservative . Looks like they still want someone to play the anchoring role - Smith .  This is a mistake  .   They need to try Caleb Jewell in that spot . They can always go back to Smith if that doesn't work out  .

Stoinis has been garbage for 5 years. Makes Moeen Ali look like Jacques Kallis.  They should've tried Matthew Short .

Also I think Josh Philippe instead of Alex Carey . Carey has been a bit of a liability with the bat.

All 3 - Smith, Stoinis and Carey have batted way too slowly and choked their own batting lineup. Replacements can potentially make Australia outright favourites, no questions asked. 

more so than jewell, I believe inglis must play. perhaps their most dynamic ODI batter after Mad Max

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

more so than jewell, I believe inglis must play. perhaps their most dynamic ODI batter after Mad Max

Yeah that's true. Jewell should be the spare batter and Josh Philippe the spare wk/batter.  They should try this lineup just once and see how it goes

Short

Head

Marsh

Warner

Green

Inglis

Maxwell

Plenty of part time bowling options. They can all hit pace bowling and 4-7 can accelerate against both spin and pace. Also 3 lefties and 4 righties. Very balanced lineup imo.

2 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Yeah that's true. Jewell should be the spare batter and Josh Philippe the spare wk/batter.  They should try this lineup just once and see how it goes

Short

Head

Marsh

Warner

Green

Inglis

Maxwell

Plenty of part time bowling options. They can all hit pace bowling and 4-7 can accelerate against both spin and pace. Also 3 lefties and 4 righties. Very balanced lineup imo.

I like this lineup, but I am not sure warner has the MO game on slowish indian pitches. need a spin hitter there. matt renshaw is an option.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I like this lineup, but I am not sure warner has the MO game on slowish indian pitches. need a spin hitter there. matt renshaw is an option.

Warner is a good spin hitter. At least he can hit spin turning into him. His ability against pace is not what it used to be. Australia don't have too many other options anyway. 

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Warner is a good spin hitter. At least he can hit spin turning into him. His ability against pace is not what it used to be. Australia don't have too many other options anyway. 

I am not sure I agree with him in MO, but otherwise it's a good team

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

in any event, I predict Pak, Eng, and Aus to be favs, even despite sub-par selections. india will crash out in first round or somehow crawl to SFs

We can count on SA to select a poor squad thanks to transformation targets. So I'm fairly sure we are competing against NZ for an SF spot. The problem is NZ are phenomenal at getting the best out of their limited resources and selection(even better than england)

Considering their injured list, the selections for England tour, keeping combinations and conditions in mind, are perfect. KW would have been the only poor selection but if he is ruled out, I expect them to select a perfect squad.

They will hit teams with a lot of variety(right-left combinations, bowlers with different release points) and depth.

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I am not sure I agree with him in MO, but otherwise it's a good team

It's a compromise. The top 3 are better pace hitters currently. Warner needs to play the stabilising role. He is not the hitter he was. He can build through the middle (without being as slow as Smith and Marnus)

Edited by Nikhil_cric

It's a compromise. The top 3 are better pace hitters currently. Warner needs to play the stabilising role. He is not the hitter he was. He can build through the middle (without being as slow as Smith and Marnus)

I still back smith to raise his game, unlike warner. however, Aus need to look beyond both soon

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

As far as I'm concerned the ICC/intl cricket needs India to win this World Cup, if not I just see the value of it going further down the drain with IPL/pvt leagues ruling this sport for decades to come!

Ind will crash out in 1st round, as deliberately planned by BCCI beforehand by building the worst possible team, which in turn will ensure the more rapid spread of franchise cricket. BCCI displaying its mega-brain intellect ;)

We can count on SA to select a poor squad thanks to transformation targets. So I'm fairly sure we are competing against NZ for an SF spot. The problem is NZ are phenomenal at getting the best out of their limited resources and selection(even better than england)

Considering their injured list, the selections for England tour, keeping combinations and conditions in mind, are perfect. KW would have been the only poor selection but if he is ruled out, I expect them to select a perfect squad.

They will hit teams with a lot of variety(right-left combinations, bowlers with different release points) and depth.

Yes, I expect Pak, Eng, Aus, NZ as SFs (SL or Bang as dark horse)