SMAT - 2023 Edition

52 minutes ago, Vijy said:

and these speed guns are about 5 kph slower often. I would not be surprised if he had some balls over 150

Possibly...but one positive thing is his pace is getting highlighted.

At one point his slowest pace was 139k, fastest 147 and average around mid 142. Commentators were saying that his slowest pace is faster than the other bowlers across team.

3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

At one point his slowest pace was 139k, fastest 147 and average around mid 142. Commentators were saying that his slowest pace is faster than the other bowlers across team.

he is even faster. speed guns should be fixed

22 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Yudhvir with new ball is a tough bowler to face, has decent pace, gets good bounce and movement as well.

It's never easy to play such bowlers who bowls heavy ball with pace, movement and bounce...I wonder why he wasn't preferred earlier ? As he is already 26. He is even troubling Jaiswal with his pace and movement.

Heard he has some potential with bat as well.

14 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Tyagi will complete 23 in a few days.

Needs to get into Team India soon.

Late debuts like Siraj and Prasidh basically waste the potential of these players.

I hope he bowls a little closer to the stumps and cuts down the width he provides often.  

Tyagi has almost every skill in the book and is the closest to Bumrah in this aspect. Pace, bounce, swing, seam, yorkers, bouncers everything.

Can't waste him. 

Edited by express bowling
31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Tyagi will complete 23 in a few days.

Needs to get into Team India soon.

Late debuts like Siraj and Prasidh basically waste the potential of these players.

I hope he bowls a little closer to the stumps and cuts down the width he provides often.  

Tyagi has almost every skill in the book and is the closest to Bumrah in this aspect. Pace, bounce, swing, seam, yorkers, bouncers everything.

Can't waste him. 

I think this domestic season can be his ticket to India team.

He impressed everyone in UPT20, now bowling well in SMAT, in a month VHT will start..and then Ranji Season. Hope he stays fit coz he forces the commentators to talk about his raw pace alongside Umran. 

It was painful to see Yash Dayal & Bhuvneshwar bowling alongside him who were looking pedestrian and harmless. Yash who was bowling 135-140 is just trundling post the injury. I wonder why Mohsin is not preferred (unless he is again injured, coz he didn't play a single game in UPT20).

Riyan Parag continues his dream run in domestic cricket. Fantastic turnaround since his IPL season. Leagues above any other all-rounder in the domestic circuit.

We have 5 T20Is vs (followed by 3 T20Is and 3 ODIs in SA) starting immediately after the WC. Parag should be drafted as a batting all-rounder and gradually be picked for the ODI team. 

Jaiswal, Ruturaj, Tilak, SKY, Iyer, Samson/ Kishan, Parag, Rinku Singh, Shivam Dube/ Venky Iyer, Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Sai Kishore, Prasidh Krishna, Umran Malik, Kuldeep Sen/ Kartik Tyagi, Arshdeep is a solid T20 team. Assuming Gill, Rahul, Hardik, Bumrah and Siraj will all be rested after the WC and no seniors (Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja, Ashwin, Shami) will be picked.

43 minutes ago, saneindian said:

Riyan Parag continues his dream run in domestic cricket. Fantastic turnaround since his IPL season. Leagues above any other all-rounder in the domestic circuit.

We have 5 T20Is vs (followed by 3 T20Is and 3 ODIs in SA) starting immediately after the WC. Parag should be drafted as a batting all-rounder and gradually be picked for the ODI team. 

Jaiswal, Ruturaj, Tilak, SKY, Iyer, Samson/ Kishan, Parag, Rinku Singh, Shivam Dube/ Venky Iyer, Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Sai Kishore, Prasidh Krishna, Umran Malik, Kuldeep Sen/ Kartik Tyagi, Arshdeep is a solid T20 team. Assuming Gill, Rahul, Hardik, Bumrah and Siraj will all be rested after the WC and no seniors (Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja, Ashwin, Shami) will be picked.

All 3 of them don't fit in T20's now. I would rather pickup Rajvardhan who is hit the deck bowler and a capable striker down the order.

3 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

All 3 of them don't fit in T20's now. I would rather pickup Rajvardhan who is hit the deck bowler and a capable striker down the order.

Assuming you are talking about Hangrekar. He needs to do more to be picked for the National side. He has time on his side. Let him play a full FC season, put in lots of overs behind him and then be picked if he performs in 2024-25 or so. 

Arshdeep is fine. He's not done anything so bad to be suddenly discarded from what will be our A team (Bumrah, Siraj and Pandya will be the 3 pacers for the T20 WC) .