Who cant wait for sir Pant to make a comeback?!

Chaos

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Match was already done -  Pant or no Pant. In fact match was done in SRH's Power Play itself.

His run a ball innings made things worse. 11 an over required. There was a realistic chance for them. His innings has invited severe criticism. Some trolling also from select fans.

35 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

His run a ball innings made things worse. 11 an over required. There was a realistic chance for them. His innings has invited severe criticism. Some trolling also from select fans.

I agree, when he walked in rrr was under control. Sure they had lost 1 wicket too many however need of the hour was a butler type of innings. 

7 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Match was already done -  Pant or no Pant. In fact match was done in SRH's Power Play itself.

Really 11 per over is achievable when they were going with 17 per overs..Obviously it was his off day does not mean match was done

On 4/20/2024 at 7:51 PM, vvvslaxman said:

In one match Pant has become villain. Poor guy is getting bagged on the internet.  He just could not get going.

no, it's just that he tried to play it the way drabid, rohit, kohli, etc want: tuk-tuk and stat padding. look at how he performed when he let himself be freed up.

Edited by Vijy
10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Agreed it wasn't his best innings but can't really blame him when they were chasing 250+. He isn't someone who can go from the get go and needs a few balls to settle in. Unfortunately today's match was the kind where he couldn't take any time to settle. I've tampered my expectations from Pant and want him to get ready for the Test series in Aus. He is a beast in Australia and the reason for our last 2 series wins there. We need him for Aus series much much more than we need him for the shorter format.

On 4/21/2024 at 10:17 AM, Ultimate_Game said:

Agreed it wasn't his best innings but can't really blame him when they were chasing 250+. He isn't someone who can go from the get go and needs a few balls to settle in. Unfortunately today's match was the kind where he couldn't take any time to settle. I've tampered my expectations from Pant and want him to get ready for the Test series in Aus. He is a beast in Australia and the reason for our last 2 series wins there. We need him for Aus series much much more than we need him for the shorter format.

he looks far from test match ready right now, but is T20 ready. needs to play more cricket first.

Edited by Vijy
31 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he looks far from test match ready right now. needs to play more cricket first.

In Tests he would be fine. There's no pressure on him to go for it ball one. He has the temperament to play Tests and will be match-fit by end of the year.

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

In Tests he would be fine. There's no pressure on him to go for it ball one. He has the temperament to play Tests and will be match-fit by end of the year.

will he? let's see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

will he? let's see how it goes.

He has shown he's fit enough in the IPL. There're almost 5-6 months to go for the series so no reason why he shouldn't be in the Test squad. Pant was the main reason for our success down under and I expect him to be the key player again.