Who Will Fact Check the Fact Checkers?

Real McCoy

James Corbett will

Fact checkers have been "checking facts" and "debunking" "conspiracy theories". Now the boot is on the other foot as Corbett debunks the fact checkers and provides ample proof of the debunking something that was lousy when the "fect checkers" were "debunking"

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

There is a guy masquerading as a fact checker in Bangalore. But pushes agenda.  Its liberal left propaganda machine now used by few idiots.

What I see is quick carry over effects in India as well from western "innovations". There used to be a delay when it comes to these things. I guess internet has shortened the response time and shrunk space.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

What I see is quick carry over effects in India as well from western "innovations". There used to be a delay when it comes to these things. I guess internet has shortened the response time and shrunk space.

It’s not just internet lot of NGO money as well which pushes such kind of agenda. The farmer protest had a tool kit which was shared by Greta.

I used to consult snopes.com for all urban myths. But political facts , I don’t believe fact checkers political leanings. NYT, WAPo fact checkers are useless for RW issues. When media is biased, even fact checkers are biased. Somebody posting a TheWire article as a fact , I can pick a lot of loopholes myself. Historical peerReviews are biased. Scientific Peer Reviews are the last refuge. But the Lancet Report opinion pieces are as garbage as WaPo!! 

Edited by coffee_rules

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I used to consult snopes.com for all urban myths. But political facts , I don’t believe fact checkers political leanings. NYT, WAPo fact checkers are useless for RW issues. When media is biased, even fact checkers are biased. Somebody posting a TheWire article as a fact , I can pick a lot of loopholes myself. Historical peerReviews are biased. Scientific Peer Reviews are the last refuge. But the Lancet Report opinion pieces are as garbage as WaPo!! 

Even that is been taken :laugh:. You have to see who is funding that research to look for any agendas. Take the case of big pharma. Do you know how much of the "research" is done to favor them

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Who will fact check the fact check of fact checkers? Next …

Lets stick to one at a time. We have a clear case of those who advertise themselves as fact checkers making stuff up. If the proof is in the pudding, you shouldn't be worried about who is doing the testing of the fact checkers. It seems you are leaving room for those who will try to debunk this research and call it a "conspiracy theory" when it is PROVEN. Oh my dear ICF narada :winky:

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Lets stick to one at a time. We have a clear case of those who advertise themselves as fact checkers making stuff up. If the proof is in the pudding, you shouldn't be worried about who is doing the testing of the fact checkers. It seems you are leaving room for those who will try to debunk this research and call it a "conspiracy theory" when it is PROVEN. Oh my dear ICF narada :winky:

I was trying to make it less serious. But, yes,  somebody has to fact-checkthese so-called fact checkers. Just because there is no fact-checking official certification agency, anyone claiming to be a fact-checker is not good enough anymore. 

in Indian context, all LeLis quote altLeft LKFC as a genuine source , when we have found him to tamper videos and audio to claim BS as facts. He’s a regular opinion maker and not a bloody fact-checker. 

Edited by coffee_rules

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I was trying to make it less serious. But, yes,  somebody has to fact-checkthese so-called fact checkers. Just because there is no fact-checking official certification agency, anyone claiming to be a fact-checker is not good enough anymore. 

in Indian context, all LeLis quote altLeft LKFC as a genuine source , when we have found him to tamper videos and audio to claim BS as facts. He’s a regular opinion maker and not a bloody fact-checker. 

Tampering videos is a very low level "face checking" indeed. They can be easily be proven false. But that has to be done quickly before it registers on the minds of gullible people, some India possesses a lot of.

You were talking about the post that I have attached below. This is not needed as this only helps the lying people a life raft.

13 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Who will fact check the fact check of fact checkers? Next …