Buildup to ICC Champions Trophy 2008

if you guys can keep PAK bashing a side.......I honestly want CT to be moved from Pakistan...these are testing times for Pakistan.....we cannot be enjoying cricket in our OWN backyard when bombs are going off at the same time. Instead of spending million of RS on the security of cricketers i want the same amount of money being utilize on the safety of ordinary citizens. Take away the CT from Pakistan....We have bigger issues than Cricket at the moment..... p.s. my sincere thanks to ALL the Asian teams for touring Pak for Asia Cup.....that meant a lot to us....

if you guys can keep PAK bashing a side.......I honestly want CT to be moved from Pakistan...these are testing times for Pakistan.....we cannot be enjoying cricket in our OWN backyard when bombs are going off at the same time. Instead of spending million of RS on the security of cricketers i want the same amount of money being utilize on the safety of ordinary citizens. Take away the CT from Pakistan....We have bigger issues than Cricket at the moment..... p.s. my sincere thanks to ALL the Asian teams for touring Pak for Asia Cup.....that meant a lot to us....
We are not bashing, bro. And good to know you don't want CT there either. I mean, it's silly, like you said, there are a lot bigger things than cricket. Peace

I say we host the CT tournament in Zimbabwe, and not let Zimbabwe play... or worse yet, host it on the Tanzanian - Kenyan border and eliminate Kenya in the first round. Ghosh there are so many things we can do to use cricket to further our politics!

I think its BCCI's strategy to keep the defending champions out of the tournament :giggle: Seriously, I dont think Aussies would be comfortable touring pak at the moment. I dont think they should be forced to. In fact its a good opportunity to play some games in Sharjah .. its been a while since any cricket was played in Sharjah !

I think its BCCI's strategy to keep the defending champions out of the tournament :giggle: Seriously, I dont think Aussies would be comfortable touring pak at the moment. I dont think they should be forced to. In fact its a good opportunity to play some games in Sharjah .. its been a while since any cricket was played in Sharjah !
Why the hell would you want that *****y place to be in the cricket map again??

Violence not directed at sports teams - PCB The recent bombings in Islamabad and Karachi have cast a shadow over September's Champions Trophy in Pakistan, but the PCB is confident the ICC will back the country to host the tournament. More... Champions Trophy 2008 Violence not directed at sports teams - PCB Cricinfo staff July 8, 2008 343491.jpgAfter successfully hosting the Asia Cup, the Pakistan board is confident over organising the Champions Trophy in September © AFP The recent bombings in Islamabad and Karachi have cast a shadow over September's Champions Trophy in Pakistan, but the PCB is confident the ICC will back the country to host the tournament. "We know that the bombings have come at the wrong time," Shafqat Naghmi, the PCB's chief operating officer, told the News. "But we also know that this violence is not directed at any sports teams. We are confident that the ICC will continue backing us over the Champions Trophy because of our assurance to provide fool-proof security cover." Earlier this week, Haroon Lorgat, the ICC chief executive, said there would be no compromise on security and the tournament would be held in Pakistan only if experts give the go-ahead. "The ICC will not compromise the safety and security of any individual at one of its tournaments and if it is not appropriate to play in any country then we will not do so. "Our security consultants have been working with the Pakistan authorities during the Asia Cup, assessing security, and will report back as soon as possible with their views," he said. "At this stage we are working towards the ICC Champions Trophy being held in Pakistan in September." During their meeting in Dubai last week, the ICC board and the chief executives' committee received a presentation from security consultants hired to oversee the situation and agreed upon a process to deal with any incidents that may occur in Pakistan between now and the end of the tournament. Sri Lanka is the alternate host for the Champions Trophy in September if a final security report indicates Pakistan is unsafe. An Australian security consultant hired by Cricket Australia, the ECB and New Zealand Cricket had recently visited Pakistan. "I think it's fair to say that this highlights the difficulty organisers and participants are facing," Reg Dickason, who is yet to present his report to the Australian board, told the Sydney Morning Herald. "The security situation in Pakistan is fluid and there is still work to be done." On Sunday, Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, who was at the closing ceremony of the Asia Cup, insisted the country needed to hold such tournaments and condemned the attack in Islamabad, which had taken place the same day. "I congratulate the Pakistan board and the Asian Cricket Council for organising this event successfully," he said.

India announce probables squad for Champions Trophy India have announced a 30-member probables squad for the Champions Trophy to be held in Pakistan in September. More... Champions Trophy 2008 India announce probables squad for Champions Trophy Cricinfo staff July 8, 2008 340075.jpgUnder-19 World Cup-winning captain Virat Kohli has been included among the probables for the Champions Trophy © Getty Images India have announced a 30-member probables squad for the Champions Trophy to be held in Pakistan in September. The squad includes players on the fringe of national selection like S Badrinath and Manoj Tiwary and also those on the comeback trail like Mohammad Kaif and left-arm spinner Murali Kartik. Two members of the Under-19 World Cup-winning team - captain Virat Kohli and allrounder Ravindra Jadeja - get their first call-ups to the senior squad. Several players who impressed during the Indian Premier League and in the last domestic season such as Rajasthan's fast bowler Pankaj Singh and Mumbai's allrounder Abhishek Nayar have been included. Another Mumbai player Ajinkya Rahane, who slammed a 142-ball 187 - the highest score by an Indian in a List A match - is also in the squad. Experienced batsmen and former captains Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid are among those who did not make the cut. Dravid has not been a part of the one-day setup since the home series against Australia last October while Ganguly's last ODI was against Pakistan in Gwalior in November. Fast bowler Munaf Patel was also omitted. Squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Rohit Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Robin Uthappa, Suresh Raina, Piyush Chawla, RP Singh, Irfan Pathan, Ishant Sharma, Praveen Kumar, Manpreet Singh Gony, Pragyan Ojha, Parthiv Patel, Dinesh Karthik, S Badrinath, Mohammad Kaif, Manoj Tiwary, Abhishek Nayar, Pankaj Singh, Murali Kartik, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Ajinkya Rahane, Yusuf Pathan, S Sreesanth

wow, how can you leave dravid out of the 30 man probable list??? Rahul wants to play odi cricket, hence he hasn't really called for his odi retirement. but then should we give a damn about this probable list?? often it has happend that players who haven't featured in the probable list, still manage to make to final 15 man squad. recent example is of Virender sehwag, during the Aus tour. he wasn't in 25 man probable list, and yet managed to make it to final 15. i just hope i get to see Dravid again in blue and where the hell is Shikhar Dhawan Damn it