T20: WI vs Aus

flamy

The openers for WI Perkins and Marshall absolutely toying with Lee. Perkins playing over the WK's head for a 4 of a Lee ball and Marshall clobbering him straight down the ground. But the fun was earlier, the first ball of the match went for a six. Lee bowling a short one and Marshall nonchalantly pulling it for six. The second over gave 20 runs. The bowler was the legend baby Johnson. He got hit for a six. And them Marshall got spanked on his balls. That only seemed to bring out more of his juice outside because he hit the next ball the longest distance. Three amazing sixes! Alas, the saga of Xavier came to an end with brilliant work by Watson to get him run out of his own bowling.

Observations from the game: 1. Awesome hitting by Xavier Marshall. Truly looks a goo dprospect for WI. 2. WI look a much more "gelled" side now. Very competitive. 3. Amazing, at least 5 direct hits by Aussies. Two of them run-outs. And both those direct hits were made from very difficult angles.

i didn't watch the whole thing. but i really didn't enjoy the game. i thought we needed more overs in this game to enjoy the windies victory. i would be happy if windies win a game or 2 in the 5 match odi series. 2020 victory is fun to have, but 11 over game is just not on.. damn it

Windies v Australia - T20 scoreboard More... Windies v Australia - T20 scoreboard Sponsored Links Jun 21, 2008 Scoreboard in the Twenty20 international between West Indies and Australia at the Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados on Saturday. Match reduced to 11 overs per side after rain. West Indies won by seven wickets. Australia S.Marsh c Marshall b Roach 29 L.Ronchi c Taylor b Roach 36 S.Watson not out 17 D.Hussey c Perkins b Bravo 0 C.White not out 10 Extras (lb-2, w-2, nb-1) 5 Total (3 wickets; 11 overs) 97 Fall of wickets 1-57 2-72 3-72 Bowling: J.Taylor 2-0-23-0(1w), S.Benn 2-0-19-0 (1w), F.Edwards 2-0-12-0, K.Roach 3-0-29-2 (1nb), D.Bravo 2-0-12-1. West Indies X.Marshall run out 36 W.Perkins run out 9 D.Ramdin c Johnson b Watson 8 D.Bravo not out 28 A.Fletcher not out 7 Extras (b-6, lb-1, w-7) 14 Total (3 wickets; 9.1 overs) 102 Fall of wickets: 1-53, 2-59, 3-64 Bowling: B.Lee 2-0-26-0 (1w), M.Johnson 2-0-30-0 (4w), S. Watson 2.1-0-17-1, J.Hopes 2-0-14-0, C.White 1-0-8-0 (2w)

I just got done with the shortened T20 - a 11 over slogfest. While it is not much to go by, I was really impressed with the way WI chased down the Aus score. Their openers got them to such a start that the required rate was reduced to a run a ball. From then on, it was easy-peasy. If Bravo is the next in line to take the reigns of captaincy, WI will be in good hands - in the hands of a charismatic leader who is an excellent ODI player. I feel WI will be a much improved ODI side. They have got some quick bowlers in Taylor and Edwards. The nee guy Roach was their best bowler today. They've got an unusually tall spinner in Benn. Their batting will be mainly Chanderpaul, Gayle and Sarwan with Bravo being the finisher. Now Marshall seems up to the task of opening for them. I can't wait for the ODI series to begin as it will have some young Aussies too, with Shaun Marsh who will definitely be opening I feel. :yay:
guys this post of mine was to discuss the young WI ODI team. It got merged with the match thread and will be locked into oblivion. :((