Asia Cup '08

flamy

Paki, when the was last time your team won a series against India at home ? India have HUMILIATED your team in front of YOUR OWN PUBLIC in '04, '06. The last series even finished 1-4 to India...LOLZ. An entire generation of pakis are yet to see their trashy team beat India at home...double LOLZ !! Get your excuses ready, you little grease monkey.
115 games have been played n india have been humiliated the most so itz not a valid comment.........
SL will win asia cup as a farewell gift for Jayasuriya
It's funny but India and Pak fans are acting as if SL won't be there. We've seen what Jayasuriya is still capable of(in the IPL) and if he continues in the same vein, then goodbye Asia Cup for both India and Pak.
Gony retains place in Asia Cup squad Subhash Rajta, Hindustan Times New Delhi, June 19, 2008 First Published: 00:00 IST(19/6/2008) Last Updated: 00:07 IST(19/6/2008) Manpreet Gony has made it a habit of benefiting from someone's absence. The strapping fast bowler earned his maiden international call for the recent Bangladesh tri-series after Sreesanth pulled out because of a side strain. Gony has retained his place in the Asia Cup squad as the latter hasn't recovered from the injury. The occurrence is not new for Gony. He made it to the Ranji Trophy only after several Punjab players opted for the Indian Cricket League. He profited particularly from the departure of Luv Ablish, the right-handed medium-pacer, a fact to which he admits. Then came the Indian Premier League call. He was overlooked by the Mohali franchisee and wasn't the first choice even for the Chennai team. He got a call only after Sudeep Tyagi, the right arm quick from Uttar Pradesh, got injured. Chennai were desperately looking for a replacement when Bhupinder Singh (Sr), the national selector, asked V.B. Chandrasekhar, Chennai's chief selector, to watch Gony. Soon, he was playing for Chennai. Gony has largely been the second choice so far, but to his credit, he hasn't disappointed with his performance so far. He put up a decent display in the Ranji Trophy, impressed in the Deodhar Trophy and was fantastic in the IPL. One hopes it won't be any different in the national squad for him. --------------------------------------------------------------------- And hence the Indian squad for Asia cup is: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk), Yuvraj Singh, Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Sreesanth, ~ Manapreet Gony Ishant Sharma, Praveen Kumar, RP Singh, Piyush Chawla, Pragyan Ojha.
It's funny but India and Pak fans are acting as if SL won't be there. We've seen what Jayasuriya is still capable of(in the IPL) and if he continues in the same vein' date=' then goodbye Asia Cup for both India and Pak.[/quote'] SL have been in poor form of late. After the world cup they lost to PAK, WI, ENG and also failed to make the CB series final
SL have been in poor form of late. After the world cup they lost to PAK' date=' WI, ENG and also failed to make the CB series final[/quote'] You think this tournament is going to be interesting? I don't think so. But it'll only be worth watching to see the progress of our young Indian team and young batsmen. Otherwise the tournament is as boring as it can be. In fact, I'm eagerly waiting for the test series in SL. Faisal, Why don't you post the squad of Pak for this tournament? .
You think this tournament is going to be interesting? I don't think so. But it'll only be worth watching to see the progress of our young Indian team and young batsmen. Otherwise the tournament is as boring as it can be. In fact, I'm eagerly waiting for the test series in SL.
I agree but I still cant wait for Ind Vs Hong Kong :dance:
Indian squad for Asia cup is: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk), Yuvraj Singh, Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Sreesanth, ~ Manapreet Gony Ishant Sharma, Praveen Kumar, RP Singh, Piyush Chawla, Pragyan Ojha.
Wonder why Amit Mishra is not being given a chance. :(( He's had a fantastic domestic season and an extraordinary IPL . He seems a better bowler than Piyush Chawla at this stage
SL have been in poor form of late. After the world cup they lost to PAK' date=' WI, ENG and also failed to make the CB series final[/quote'] being in poor form doesnt mean therz zero chance for sl...theyl atleast beat pak once......pak lost to ireland n came bak strongly..........WI,Eng,Aus,ind r bettr teams than ireland...............SL have never failed to reach the finals in the last 16 years of the asia cup......but india r favourits n pak r 2nd favourits......

Akmal left out of Asia Cup probables Pakistan have left out wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal from the list of 20 probables announced for the Asia Cup, which begins on June 24. All the other members of the squad that won the Kitply Cup in Bangladesh have been included among the probables. More... Asia Cup 2008 Akmal left out of Asia Cup probables Cricinfo staff June 19, 2008 334652.jpgSarfraz Ahmed has been picked as Kamran Akmal's replacement © AFP The axe has finally fallen on Kamran Akmal as Pakistan have left out the under fire wicketkeeper from the list of 20 probables announced for the Asia Cup, which begins on June 24. All the other members of the squad that won the Kitply Cup in Bangladesh have been included among the probables. "We have decided to rest Kamran Akmal. He needs to sharpen up his stumps work," Salahuddin Ahmed, chief selector, told Cricinfo. Akmal has been Pakistan's regular wicketkeeper since November 2004, when he took over from Moin Khan, playing virtually non-stop in all three formats. Over the last two years, however, Akmal's form has been poor behind the stumps. The slump began on the 2006 tour to England, where he fluffed a number of chances, but since then he has been unable to improve. The last straw came when he was criticised by Nasim Ashraf, the PCB chairman, in an email leaked to the press for claiming a controversial catch against Virender Sehwag during the Kitply Cup league match against India, which Pakistan lost by 140 runs. "[The] wicketkeeping was pathetic, especially after Kamran Akmal dropped the catch and pretended that he had held on to it," Ashraf wrote to team manager Talat Ali. Probables for Asia Cup Shoaib Malik, Misbah-ul-Haq, Bazid Khan, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Mohammad Yousuf, Nasir Jamshed, Abdur Rauf, Naumanullah, Salman Butt, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Khan, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan, Sarfraz Ahmed, Yasir Hameed, Mansoor Amjad, Saeed Ajmal "This is unsporting behaviour but perhaps one has to give him the benefit of the doubt as he may not have realised that the ball had slipped out from his hand, which was picked up by the cameras. I do not want such behaviour from any Pakistani player. Please warn everyone. We ought to be looking at playing another 'keeper." Part of the reason Akmal was persisted with for so long was that he was Shoaib Malik's preference, particularly as Malik was able to utilise him as an opener. But a poor showing in front of and behind the stumps in Bangladesh has finally meant he can no longer hold his place. Sarfraz Ahmed, the former U-19 World Cup winning captain, has been expectedly called up as Akmal's replacement. Other inclusions in the probables are opening batsman Yasir Hameed, Mansoor Amjad, Abdur Rauf and Saeed Ajmal, the offspinner off the back of an impressive first-class season, taking 38 wickets in 12 matches at an average of 29. "He [Amjal] was impressive this season and we want to assess him more carefully now before we announce the final squad," Salahuddin said. While Sarfraz has played only three ODIs, not having batted in any of them, Hameed has been in and out of the side since last year, though he made his debut in 2003. Rauf is a fast bowler who has played one ODI, against Zimbabwe in February. The final squad will be named on June 22.

actually This news is not surprising at all...this had to happen...Kamran has been a failure since Pakistan's Eng tour.. His wicket keeping was embarrassing and his batting was also not consistent.. But his replacement Sarfaraz has been given chances before as well..if i recall correctly... Pakistan seriously lacks one wicket-keeper batsman... and we all know how important WK-Batsmen are these days...

You think this tournament is going to be interesting? I don't think so. But it'll only be worth watching to see the progress of our young Indian team and young batsmen. Otherwise the tournament is as boring as it can be. In fact, I'm eagerly waiting for the test series in SL. Faisal, Why don't you post the squad of Pak for this tournament? .
No, i think this is the most interesting and the best tournament of the last 8 months :yay: All teams are young. Save for Vaas the most experienced fast bowler in the Asia cup will be Irfan Pathan. Here is PAK's squad for the training camp Shoaib Malik, Salman Butt, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah, Shahid Afridi, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Sohail Khan, Rao Iftikhar, Wahab Riaz], Bazid Khan, Nauman ullah, Mansoor Amjad, Yasir Hameed, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rauf, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Fwad Alam I assume you folks might not know a lot about the players guys in bold so here is some info Sarfraz- WK batsman and the captain of the 06 under 19 world cup team. Sohail Khan- FAST bowler- broke Fazal Mahmood's record in only the first season of domestic cricket but with 22 teams the quality of domestic cricket in PAK is not the greatest so i am not sure how much you can read in to his record Bazid Khan- Son of the former great opening batsman Majid Khan. Bazid himself is a steady middle order batsman(similar to Misbah) Namaunullah- Not sure why he is in the team because from what i have seen his batting is average at best and he is in terrible shape. M Amjad- The hero of the 04 world cup. Quite a talented leg break bowler but his performance in domestic cricket has not been as good as most expected. A Rauf- Should have been in the team about 4 or 5 years ago now he has lost a LOT of pace and will struggle at the highest level. S Ajmal- Off spinner. Nasir Jamsheed- Hard hitting opening batsman who played well agianst ZIM but hasn't been given a chance since. Then there is Fawad Alam and Wahab Riaz who have already played 1 or 2 games against good teams.