England In India 2008

Colin

See below proposed date form the England tour of India. I will be travelling for 2 maybe 3 one dayers. Can anyone give me advice on the best 2 or 3 i should attend. They need to be the back to back games so i can keep travelling to a minimum, i will be staying for 7 days. Hope you can help. November 4 Tuesday England Team Arrives in Mumbai November 5 Wednesday Practice November 6 Thursday Practice November 7 Friday Practice November 8 Saturday Practice November 9 Sunday Warm Up Match in Mumbai November 10 Monday Practice November 11 Tuesday Warm up Match in Mumbai November 12 Wednesday Travel to Rajkot November 13 Thursday Practice November 14 Friday 1st ODI at Rajkot November 15 Saturday Travel to Indore November 16 Sunday Practice November 17 Monday 2nd ODI at Indore November 18 Tuesday Travel to Lucknow November 19 Wednesday Practice November 20 Thursday 3rd ODI at Lucknow November 21 Friday Travel to Jamshedpur November 22 Saturday Practice November 23 Sunday 4th ODI at Jamshedpur November 24 Monday Travel to Cuttack November 25 Tuesday Practice November 26 Wednesday 5th ODI at Cuttack November 27 Thursday Travel to Guwahati November 28 Friday Practice November 29 Saturday 6th ODI at Guwahati November 30 Sunday Travel to Delhi December 1 Monday Practice December 2 Tuesday 7th ODI at Delhi December 3 Wednesday Travel to Baroda December 4 Thursday Practice December 5 Friday Warm up Match at Baroda December 6 Saturday Warm up Match December 7 Sunday Warm up Match December 8 Monday Travel to Ahmenabad December 9 Tuesday Practice December 10 Wednesday Pracice December 11 Thursday 1st Test Match at Ahmedabad December 12 Friday 1st Test Match December 13 Saturday 1st Test Match December 14 Sunday 1st Test Match December 15 Monday 1st Test Match December 16 Tuesday Travel to Mumbai December 17 Wednesday Practice December 18 Thursday Practice December 19 Friday 2nd Test Match at CCI in Mumbai December 20 Saturday 2nd Test Match December 21 Sunday 2nd Test Match December 22 Monday 2nd Test Match December 23 Tuesday 2nd Test Match December 24 Wednesday Team Depart to the UK Kind Regards colin

You have little faith my friend, i love indian cricket. It comes from watching Sachin in his early days at Old Trafford & Edgebaston playing for india. Also watching IPL on Setanta. I have visited Delhi, Mumbai & Kanpur several times through work but sadly i have never watched any cricket but i love your country and i am interested in what your point of view.

You have little faith my friend, i love indian cricket. It comes from watching Sachin in his early days at Old Trafford & Edgebaston playing for india. Also watching IPL on Setanta. I have visited Delhi, Mumbai & Kanpur several times through work but sadly i have never watched any cricket but i love your country and i am interested in what your point of view.
Welcome to ICF. Hope you have a good time.
Cheers man. You are always welcome here. Bring over some of ur friends too. :two_thumbs_up:

Colin, frankly speaking that's a very tough itinerary in which to squeeze in 2 let alone 3 ODIs in a 7 day trip to India. Your primary constraint is that the venues of the ODIs are not the metros and air/train connectivity will not be the best/punctual. If I were you I would go for a test match, so that there is less of long distance travel and more time to explore the city and it's vicinities on short trips in addition to enjoying the cricket. Mumbai would be the ideal choice, given there is so much to do in and around the place but the test seems to have been scheduled pretty close to Christmas, so not sure how it will fit in your plans.