What is this guy made of ?

Guest Hiten.

He had a terrible patch in the middle. Somehow, amazingly, he seems to have recovered his timing/punch. And worse, he wasnt even meant to play in the Asia cup. He wasnt picked in the original squad and was included after the intervention of a govt minister. Like many times, its a case of a man who is desperate to prove his critics wrong, raising his game to unexpected levels. You under-estimate the potency of human peril at your own peril. Obviously, the Sri Lankan selectors committed that mistake.

Guest Hiten.
wtf? consistency? bb on drugs :hysterical::hysterical:
dude chill.. I meant consistency in his batting style. He always played the aggressive way and has deteriorated from that playing style of his
He is 38 and still doing the business. Sachin will play for a while yet then:--D
if sachin plays till 39, like jaya, he will end up with well over 20K runs in ODIs and 15K in tests, but his presence in the team will be met with considerable hostility by his detractors, calling for his retirement or expulsion at every instance that he fails to score.
if sachin plays till 39' date=' like jaya, he will end up with well over 20K runs in ODIs and 15K in tests, but his presence in the team will be met with considerable hostility by his detractors, calling for his retirement or expulsion at every instance that he fails to score.[/quote'] Is this a corollary to the 'mere presence of God' theory? As long as SRT can score at an average that befits a top batsman and be reasonably consistent and can field well, he will be in the squad. If not, he should be out of the squad.
if sachin plays till 39' date=' like jaya, he will end up with well over 20K runs in ODIs and 15K in tests, but his presence in the team will be met with considerable hostility by his detractors, calling for his retirement or expulsion at every instance that he fails to score.[/quote'] Sachin has already proved 'age' is no road-block for his performance. In 2007/08 against Aus, almost 2 decades after his international debut, he came up with his most prolific test series ever. He followed that with 2 match-winning performances in the finals of the CB series. The only problem for Sachin is already ravaged body. Wont be surprised if he retires from ODI cricket soon.
Sachin has already proved 'age' is no road-block for his performance. In 2007/08 against Aus, almost 2 decades after his international debut, he came up with his most prolific test series ever. He followed that with 2 match-winning performances in the finals of the CB series. The only problem for Sachin is already ravaged body. Wont be surprised if he retires from ODI cricket soon.
That's the biggest concern..his fitness. Just by pick n choose, he'll make it to the 2011 world cup. By looking at Ponting's amazing run of scores almost at its closure,Sach..can hold on to all his records.

i think you guys misunderstood what i meant to say... there is considerable contrast to the vox populi towards Tendulkar and Jayasuriya. Tendulkar has proven repeatedly that while not infallible, he does have the chutzpah to score and score big in big matches; as does Jayasuriya... however, while every sub 40 score by Tendulkar is met with a furoe and calls for his retirement, Jayasuriya is pleaded with to prolong his career. in the words of the Late Mr. Rodney Dangerfield: "i cant get no respect... no respect, no respect!"

Guest dada_rocks
i think you guys misunderstood what i meant to say... there is considerable contrast to the vox populi towards Tendulkar and Jayasuriya. Tendulkar has proven repeatedly that while not infallible, he does have the chutzpah to score and score big in big matches; as does Jayasuriya... however, while every sub 40 score by Tendulkar is met with a furoe and calls for his retirement, Jayasuriya is pleaded with to prolong his career. in the words of the Late Mr. Rodney Dangerfield: "i cant get no respect... no respect, no respect!"
I concur bar has been set little too high for the GOD.
Guest dada_rocks
Sachin has already proved 'age' is no road-block for his performance. In 2007/08 against Aus, almost 2 decades after his international debut, he came up with his most prolific test series ever. He followed that with 2 match-winning performances in the finals of the CB series. The only problem for Sachin is already ravaged body. Wont be surprised if he retires from ODI cricket soon.
He is very intelligently making himself unavailable for masala series I am sure he will prolng his career till 2011 world cup