The clash of the summer - England v RSA

SA all the way. But if the weather keeps on being soggy, it might aid swing bowling significantly and then SA's batting will be tested severly too because they are not hot when the ball is moving/swing! Still, I won't be missing any action. I'd love to watch a Peterson and Styne-Morkel contest.

Clash of the summer? Don't fall for the English hype. Both teams are ranked below India. The clash of the summer, the titanic one, will be between India and SL next month on the emerald isle.
More exciting pitches in England and I would rate South Africa as a better Test team than India in English conditions simply due to a much more threatening pace attack of Steyn, Ntini, Morkel and Nel.

Proteas will give give good fight to england and would eventually win the series. i would like to see England winning atleast 1 test so that the series doesn't end up being being one sided. but yaa it surely would be one one hell of a series. England bowlers do well in home conditions, would be fun to see them bowl against south africa good batting line up with - smith, kallis, ABD, Amla anyone know, where is Jack Rudolph. he's been out of the team for a while. he was a great find i thought for saf at first

Clash of the summer? Don't fall for the English hype. Both teams are ranked below India. The clash of the summer, the titanic one, will be between India and SL next month on the emerald isle.
dhondy man, england being fairly decent at home and south africa being one of the best test playing nation after Aus and India, makes the series a one to watch out for. India-Lanka, offcourse that will be one big hit but just because english tracks would make sure the real competition stays between the bat and ball, this series would be fun to watch
anyone know' date=' where is Jack Rudolph. he's been out of the team for a while. he was a great find i thought for saf at first[/quote'] He is in England, playing as a kolpak players. I've just forgotten which county does he play for.
is Nel back in SA squad ?
Yes. Nel is back in squad but it is hard to see how he'll find a place in final XI if all the bowlers are fit. While talking of fitness, it is Smith who is unlikely to be fit for the first test at Lords. That'll make the contest more interesting, isn't it?
More exciting pitches in England and I would rate South Africa as a better Test team than India in English conditions simply due to a much more threatening pace attack of Steyn' date=' Ntini, Morkel and Nel.[/quote'] Time will prove you right or wrong, msb. I reckon a charged up, fully fit Zaheer Khan and an in-form RP Singh utilized the conditions far better than the South Africans would, but we'll see. And of course, cricket is not just a game played by bowlers, but I reckon I wouldn't even have to invoke that argument at the end of this summer. England will be hungry for this one, and look out, they have a more than decent seam attack even without their Ashes winning stars. A little birdie tells me that Flintoff will come back at some stage in the series, and even Simon Jones might be resurrected from dead.

actually its been so long..we played Eng...i have forgotten who their class batsmen are.. Except for KP..none seem to be of any decent standard... but their bowling is quite good in English conditions....and They have their trump card Monty..who will be handful for SA batsmen... but SA bowlers are also in good form..and i will particularly be watching Dale Steyn and Morkel..

More exciting pitches in England and I would rate South Africa as a better Test team than India in English conditions simply due to a much more threatening pace attack of Steyn' date=' Ntini, Morkel and Nel.[/quote'] And irrelevant to the current discussion, but worth pointing out that in the only game that Ishant featured in, in the recent series, he outbowled all the South African bowlers.

In English conditions South Africa with Morkel, Ntini and Steyn are going to demolish England. They might lack a spinner for the 5th day but with their batting, fielding, and bowling combination, England are going to be reminded once again that a few test victories against new zealand don't mean much in the real world order. I can't wait for these overhyped, spoiled, asshats like Cook, Peterson, to be brought down to earth.

Time will prove you right or wrong, msb. I reckon a charged up, fully fit Zaheer Khan and an in-form RP Singh utilized the conditions far better than the South Africans would, but we'll see. And of course, cricket is not just a game played by bowlers, but I reckon I wouldn't even have to invoke that argument at the end of this summer. England will be hungry for this one, and look out, they have a more than decent seam attack even without their Ashes winning stars. A little birdie tells me that Flintoff will come back at some stage in the series, and even Simon Jones might be resurrected from dead.
Quite right Dhondy. In fact I checked that Simon Jones took a five for today vs Leicestershire. Even Flintoff has been bowling regularly but apparently well within himself and accurately. Anderson can be devastating in helpful conditions and Sidebottom is dangerous and accurate even if conditions aren't helping too much. Broad isn't too bad either. It is their batting which looks a bit fragile and lacks solidity and class. But SA's batting isn't very hot either when the cherry is swinging all over.
What's the latest abt Freddie?
He is bowling for Lancashire having cut down his usual pace by 5 mph apparently. You can check cricinfo for the county scores.