Can Salman Butt make it to the Indian ODI squad

Keeping aside the fact that he is a Pakistani... lets assume that Butt is actually an Indian player who has just shown his talent in the IPL... Do you guys think Butt will get a chance to play for the Indian team? Can you see Butt pushing aside someone in the squad for a place in the batting order? Sehwag Gambhir Raina Rohit Yuvraj Dhoni Yusuf I cant! It is hard to believe that the most talented Pakistani batsmen among the youngsters cannot manage a place in our ODI squad. But I definitely believe that Dhoni would like to control some of their bowlers like Tanvir and Gul... even if it means that he will have to sell Uthappa to them. :))

Honestly, Dhawan, Badrinath, Venugopal Rao >>>> Butt A more valid question would have been if YoYo is a viable choice. Answer is a big resounding NO! :regular_smile: His fielding and running plummets the value of his batting.

They only only one decent bowler in their line up..and thats Gul ( lul).. and that too in death overs.. the fact that Gul averages higher against India than any other country..means he is poor against us.. i am not talking about Asif Charsi...he was never a good ODI bowler...and with only one dimension...he is too predictable... Tanvir i am not sure...if he is good enough... he is new in the circuit...another trundler... its only Gul who is decent enough...so i might play Gul as third seamer... and Pakistani batting is totally listless.... YK is never consistent in ODIs...YOYO is miserable on the field and slow..Misbah is weak against even Fast Medium bowlers like...can't play hook shot to save his life...

The only batsman from the Pakistani line up who has a practical chance of getting into the Indian side is YK. YOYO, their second best has no chance and others can very well forget it. Bowlers- Tanvir positively has a great chance and so has Gul.

Keeping aside the fact that he is a Pakistani... lets assume that Butt is actually an Indian player who has just shown his talent in the IPL... Do you guys think Butt will get a chance to play for the Indian team? Can you see Butt pushing aside someone in the squad for a place in the batting order? Sehwag Gambhir Raina Rohit Yuvraj Dhoni Yusuf I cant! It is hard to believe that the most talented Pakistani batsmen among the youngsters cannot manage a place in our ODI squad. But I definitely believe that Dhoni would like to control some of their bowlers like Tanvir and Gul... even if it means that he will have to sell Uthappa to them. :))
I found this forum during Kitplay cup and must say that it amazes me how arrogant most, if not all, of you indian fans are on this forum... I am a Pakistani and have tons of Indians friend in the DC area, but never have come across anything like this before...i mean you guys have been winning for the past like what 5 years? and look @ your attitude!!! you guys are not only outright arrogant, but sorry to say racist at times as well.... I am sure that most of you would accuse me of being biased or would tell me that paki fans used to be like that, but i honestly have never come across anything like this in any paki forums... good for you that your team is performing well and i hope it continues to perform like that...but show some humbleness and don't become like brits or aussies who have little respect in the cricketing world right now...your board has already developed a reputation of bullying right now and you (the fans) don't want the same tag... peace guys!
Uclite...first of all welcome...and can i ask you one question do you find our attitude the same for Srilankan or SA or NZ team..as it is for Pakistani team?
thanks theguyinallblue....based on what i have read so far..it seems like that its directed towards mainly Pakistanis....i have seen occasional threads on other countries as well, but nothing comes close to the hatred shown against pakis... as i said before...this is YOUR time to be proud of your team and you have every right to be..but not need to butcher players names or for that matter country's name in order to show your pride!
thanks theguyinallblue....based on what i have read so far..it seems like that its directed towards mainly Pakistanis....i have seen occasional threads on other countries as well, but nothing comes close to the hatred shown against pakis... as i said before...this is YOUR time to be proud of your team and you have every right to be..but not need to butcher players names or for that matter country's name in order to show your pride!
Ucilite, Warmest welcome !! I hope you have read this one.. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=110733 and u ll know why such an attitude towards pakistan team... Alteast, we have high regards for players like wasim , waqar even though they are pakistanis.... but i dont see that in pak fans when in appreciatin Indian greats... and i guess u ll know abt meat eaters vs Indian veggies.. so when ur talkin abt the attitude of Indian fans, shudnt u b aware of the pak fans attitude... wat im saying is, we r not showing this kind of attitude towards other teams.. wonder why?

I think any of the three: Salman Butt, Younis Khan, and Misbah Ul Haq could make it into the indian cricket team. However, the deal with Salman Butt is that while he prolific against us, he is pedestrian against the rest, so it would be interesting to see how he would fare against the two oppositions we play the most: Australia and Pakistan (or Sri Lanka depending on the schedule).

Butt wont make it to Indian team,we already have atleast 3 good openers - SRT, Sehwag, Gambhir with many others more than willing to open in order to get a place in the side. Butt is a good player but not in the same league as SRT or Sehwag. I wouldnt mind Misbah though. He is a very good batsman and in his limited oppertunity for Pakistan has done exceedingly well. I would put him ahead of Moyo and YK simply in terms of the impact he can make be it in terms of grafting or sudden acceleration.

I found this forum during Kitplay cup and must say that it amazes me how arrogant most, if not all, of you indian fans are on this forum... I am a Pakistani and have tons of Indians friend in the DC area, but never have come across anything like this before...i mean you guys have been winning for the past like what 5 years? and look @ your attitude!!! you guys are not only outright arrogant, but sorry to say racist at times as well.... I am sure that most of you would accuse me of being biased or would tell me that paki fans used to be like that, but i honestly have never come across anything like this in any paki forums... good for you that your team is performing well and i hope it continues to perform like that...but show some humbleness and don't become like brits or aussies who have little respect in the cricketing world right now...your board has already developed a reputation of bullying right now and you (the fans) don't want the same tag... peace guys!
Welcome to the forum. Have fun. We respect your opinion. I believe you find our attitude bad because its your team thats taking a beating. Since you have chosen this thread to express your opinion, I think the topic of this thread offends you. You have managed to see that many of us believe that Butt wont get a place in the Indian batting line up....you failed to read that some of Pakistan's bowler can easily find a place. Stay here....feel free to argue (within the rules specified by the board)...we accept logic and most of our threads are deductive. With time we will come to understand each other.