ishant sharma

He bowled very well against SL. There is one ball he bowled that was absolutely brilliant. Jayasurya made room to hit him on the offside. Ishant followed him with an awesome short delivery that had Jaya ducking for cover. Surya looked stupid. Classic PWNAGE! :finger:

all bowlers are getting thrashed all over the park and you just find our premier bowler Ishant to talk about haa? yesterday i think he bowled well for his 2 for 55. the wicket is so flat that even chris martin could register his first ever fifty here easily. you pitch the ball in the rite area, yet the bounce isn't that affective and would end up being a short delivery, just because of the flatness in pitch.

Overrated yada yada yada!! Grow some perspective guys. How many fast bowlers have you seen demolish opposition consistently at the age of 19 in all conditions. It's a sport and it takes time and experience to learn and become good at it. Lower your expectations a tad.
Sky high expectations, with rock bottom brains.
^He needs a lot more than that to be anywhere near what his worshippers fantasize him to be. Premier bowler my @$$' date=' he's lost so much pace that he's nothing more than a trundler now. He needs to work on that first.[/quote'] ATTN: Dhondy :cantstop:
you can be strong and tall too.I dont think they are mutually exclusive and ishant plainly isnt at the moment.
What exactly in the bio-physics of his bowling do you see that requires more muscle mass? And while we're on the subject, what kind of muscle mass? In which muscle groups? Are you talking slow or fast twitch muscle or are you just talking out of our ass here?
What exactly in the bio-physics of his bowling do you see that requires more muscle mass? And while we're on the subject, what kind of muscle mass? In which muscle groups? Are you talking slow or fast twitch muscle or are you just talking out of our ass here?
A fast bowler has to have strong shoulders.his hamstring string muscle groups have to be strong too to drive him through at the point of delivery.he needs to develop his lower -core strength.also strong gluteals(the butt muscles )will keep his back striaght when bowling.
A fast bowler has to have strong shoulders.his hamstring string muscle groups have to be strong too to drive him through at the point of delivery.he needs to develop his lower -core strength.also strong gluteals(the butt muscles )will keep his back striaght when bowling.
Yes, that's nice. But it's not what I asked you. You said he needs to increase his strength and develop more muscle mass. So again, what in his bowling mechanics/physics do you see that requires this? How do you know he doesn't have sufficient muscle mass/strength already suitable for a 19 year old fast bowler? How do you know if increased muscle mass is going to harm his ligaments/tendons and put too much pressure on his 19 year old joints. The fact of the matter is, unless you're his trainer or team physio with an advanced qualification in bio metrics, you have no clue about any of this. You're just throwing out generic statements.
Yes, that's nice. But it's not what I asked you. You said he needs to increase his strength and develop more muscle mass. So again, what in his bowling mechanics/physics do you see that requires this? How do you know he doesn't have sufficient muscle mass/strength already suitable for a 19 year old fast bowler? How do you know if increased muscle mass is going to harm his ligaments/tendons and put too much pressure on his 19 year old joints. The fact of the matter is, unless you're his trainer or team physio with an advanced qualification in bio metrics, you have no clue about any of this. You're just throwing out generic statements.
you are right -I am not his trainer or his physio.Its my personal opinion-getting better physically has never hurt any sportsman as far as i know.Also he can reduce the risk of injury especially considering the amount of cricket he is playing and will play.
you are right -I am not his trainer or his physio.Its my personal opinion-getting better physically has never hurt any sportsman as far as i know.Also he can reduce the risk of injury especially considering the amount of cricket he is playing and will play.
thanks for your honesty and discussion. I just believe that Sharma already has the prerequisite skills (height, pace, bounce) to become a great one for us. He's already India's fastest bowler ever so he's got the tools. He just needs more experience and time to find his own way and from his brief responses to instant stardom, he also seems to have a level head.

Ridiculous post. I will assure any int. team at the moment will gleefully accept this fella on board. At any given opportunity, why do people always criticize players. This man is bowling whole heartedly on some flat decks and this is the result? People questioning his ability. Ponting was his lil bit-- and he knew that. Sharma is definitely the most exciting pace bowler to emerge from India since Kapil.

Ridiculous post. I will assure any int. team at the moment will gleefully accept this fella on board. At any given opportunity' date=' why do people always criticize players. This man is bowling whole heartedly on some flat decks and this is the result? People questioning his ability. Ponting was his lil bit-- and he knew that. Sharma is definitely[b'] the most exciting pace bowler to emerge from India since Kapil.
Fully agree with that.