ishant sharma

He sucked in IPL and has carried on being crap since then. He has been given a long rope but has done jack shyte lately. I feel this is again a case of hype going to the player's head and the talent and discipline simply not being there to justify the hype. Granted our bowling cupboard is not well stocked, but I wonder how long before he gets the boot. Surely, he should make way for zaheer and sree when they come back.

these pitches are heartless lifeless and what more..it is as dead as a dodo..how can you judge bowlers based on their performances on these tracks..agreed 10 overs for 45 runs and 2 wickets is wat v all are looking for but then do u see any movement of the track do u see any swing nothing..the batsmen can swat the ball jus like flies..so v have to ask our bowlers to develop variations..slower balls yorkers low full tosses watever something different..but u cant say he is crap frm his performance in this tournament..even if u bowl line and length ppl can hit u for four since they know that the ball aint gonna do anything..he is the same Ishant who terrorized ponting at Perth, i dont see any difference in his attitude..he is running in hard giving his heart out..so stop this stupid criticism..if anyone is to be criticized it is Mr.Venky who as bowling coach is doing nothing..he has to tell them to do something different..

we cant blame any bowler here since all batting paradise in pakistan...all games going over 300 runs so really cant blame any bowlers here...
i was saying the same thing till yesterday but not today. On a batsman friendly track bowler will no doubt go for runs but where was the discipline? On a pitch where good balls were dispatched for 4 we kept giving width, kept bowling short or on the legs. How many yorkers were bowled today ? Our bowlers threw a grand buffet and pak batsman helped themselves. As an Indian bowler if you dont consider butt or afridi as batsman fine but show Younis khan some respect .... and more to come from Jaya and co tomorrow.
these pitches are heartless lifeless and what more..it is as dead as a dodo..how can you judge bowlers based on their performances on these tracks..agreed 10 overs for 45 runs and 2 wickets is wat v all are looking for but then do u see any movement of the track do u see any swing nothing..the batsmen can swat the ball jus like flies..so v have to ask our bowlers to develop variations..slower balls yorkers low full tosses watever something different..but u cant say he is crap frm his performance in this tournament..even if u bowl line and length ppl can hit u for four since they know that the ball aint gonna do anything..he is the same Ishant who terrorized ponting at Perth' date=' i dont see any difference in his attitude..he is running in hard giving his heart out..so stop this stupid criticism..if anyone is to be criticized it is Mr.Venky who as bowling coach is doing nothing..he has to tell them to do something different..[/quote'] You need to stop stupidly defending him. Not just this tourney, he hasn't done anything for quite some time. So far he has not given any indication that he can bowl well in subcontinent conditions.
.even if u bowl line and length ppl can hit u for four since they know that the ball aint gonna do anything..
:hysterical: So why even play matches on subcontinent at all? Bowling line n length is useless according to u so let's just roll over and die in front of the much feared paki batting machine.:finger:
You need to stop stupidly defending him. Not just this tourney' date=' he hasn't done anything for quite some time. So far he has not given any indication that he can bowl well in subcontinent conditions.[/quote'] he has jus played 2 tournaments in the worst conditions ever in subcontinent and u tell that he has done nothing..well my friend all im saying is all our bowlers are crap and its jus not Ishant get it..Indian bowlers jus have no ideas wen they are bowling in these wickets..so that means our entire bowling attack is crap..even Zak was going for runs against Aussies last october in India..and pls IPL is not a place where u can judge anyone..Dale Steyn was getting carted all around the park in IPL as well..Ishant is a gud talent and v need a gud bowling coach to help these guys out..hope u get it..
:hysterical: So why even play matches on subcontinent at all? Bowling line n length is useless according to u so let's just roll over and die in front of the much feared paki batting machine.:finger:
its easy to hit a good length ball on a track that does nothing..thats wat i meant..Chaminda Vaas has been effective in these pitches coz of his slower off cutters..with the new ball he bowls line and length but wen he sees there is nothing in the track he uses his off cutters..even Irfan was employing this for quite some time and he was also successful..so if u dont see wat i meant then :finger:
he has jus played 2 tournaments in the worst conditions ever in subcontinent and u tell that he has done nothing..well my friend all im saying is all our bowlers are crap and its jus not Ishant get it..Indian bowlers jus have no ideas wen they are bowling in these wickets..so that means our entire bowling attack is crap..even Zak was going for runs against Aussies last october in India..and pls IPL is not a place where u can judge anyone..Dale Steyn was getting carted all around the park in IPL as well..Ishant is a gud talent and v need a gud bowling coach to help these guys out..hope u get it..
I don't know what's worst abt these conditions? they have always been like this in the subcontinent. and ishant definitely needs a kick up his @$$ to get his act together and quick. I do agree that venky prasad needs to be replaced as bowling coach.
its easy to hit a good length ball on a track that does nothing..thats wat i meant..Chaminda Vaas has been effective in these pitches coz of his slower off cutters..with the new ball he bowls line and length but wen he sees there is nothing in the track he uses his off cutters..even Irfan was employing this for quite some time and he was also successful..so if u dont see wat i meant then :finger:
okayy...choose ur words better next time when u say something silly like that:finger:
Guest Hiten.

For people who are 'for' our pathetic bowling display here is something to ponder about. SL defended their total of 303 with ease (it was late Misbah blitz that gave Pakistani's something to cherish). So there is absolute no sensible reasoning of our bowlers failing to do the similar task. Lets all accept that our bowlers were hyped up too much in conditions that supported bowlers by all means. Our bowlers surely have the potential, but having the potential is just not enough. They should be able to apply their abilities on any given tracks. Lastly, can we please stop the excuse of 'he is too young' ? Whoever that youngster maybe, if he is chosen in the team he HAS to deliver no matter how old or young he is.

Spare a thought for the fact that they are bowling on absolutely insipid pitches and our catching has been abysmal. However, i dont quite understand why Chawla played ahead of the other spinner in today's game and why Ishant was not given the new ball!

Ishant Sharma is highly overrated.He will always struggle in the sub-continent and infact suck most of the time.He will get wickets in SA,ENG,AUS, and the west indies but I dont see him as a match winner because he is not a fit individual who we can depend on to be our pace spearhead.

pls have a look at the bowling cards of pakistan as well.. the highest wicket taker of IPL went for 87 runs in ten overs....yes...Tanno darling went for 87 runs... i won't analyze much on the performance of the bowlers..but yeah...Ojha impressed with his bowling even on the dead pitch... and our bowlers are so young and inexperienced...we should give them time to grow.. lets not be so harsh on them...