Dhoni pulls out of SL test series

well i gave my judgment with facts my friend..not intuition..busiest cricketer and he has been complaining for sometime that the schedule has been taxing so he opting out was the logical thing..
No probs in playing 16 IPL matches in 44 days with travelling all over the country? He didn't even thought of resting even a single game.
No probs in playing 16 IPL matches in 44 days with travelling all over the country? He didn't even thought of resting even a single game.
well he was the captain of CSK rite and so he opted out frm keeping and decided to field which is less taxing than a keepers job..u cant expect the club to pay the money they did for him and also allow him to rest..like ok if its a serious injury yes..but then he decided that he wud be in the playing 11 no matter wat..so in a way it speaks abt his commitment..and he was also injured in SA test series but he continued to play with a injured thumb..so he deserves this rest dude..u can give him the benefit of the doubt :winky: all im saying is u can be less critical of MSD.. if ever there was a cricketer who gave his heart and body for the game it is Dhoni..ok before u start ill add after Sachin it is Dhoni :D but then even Sachin has done some weird things rite..he played in the IPL then his injury suddenly resurfaced..im a Sachin fan too..but u are using different yardsticks here..thats wat im trying to say

hes the odi captain, not test captain. if he opted out of the odi team n india didnt even make it to the finals of the cup? then we'd say he doesnt wanna play for india... i think he did the right thing. he isnt great at tests anyways, maybe take a break for first 2 tests n come back for the third just to get a feel of mendis for the odis?

No he doesnt. He has been poor in tests. He is pathetic and shows a complete lack of character and integrity. Is ducking the challenge of a tough test series. Many other players have been through tough schedules as well but will play! He should be stripped of all captaicies and never should be selected for a test match again. His bank balance is full so why bother play tests. What a loser! I am sure his team mates wont forget his cowardness and I am sure in long run selectors will remember this. I know I wont. Never heard of an indian player resting himself for a big test series. Real tough job playing cricket for crores. Talk about being out of touch with reality.

People always expect super human qualities from players.....I dont know why.
Super Human?? What to play a test series. Thousansands of players have been doing this for decades, hardly super human. Players in years gone by went on 1 week boat trips to play a test series. Dhoni is acting so precious, big girls blouse. He should never be selected for a test team again and should be stripped of all captaincies!
sorry, im new here. but i have a question. is dsr always like this or is he having a bad hair day?
Only interested in players 100% committed to the india team and the country. Players like Dhoni with his attidute can **** off. Complain of over playing ok but to actually pull out is pathetic. He will never rest from IPL that I guarantee. He is a mercenary and is not worthy of pulling on the national jersey!

i'll take a "mercenary" like him over a "soldier" like bhajji any day.... you have to understand hes a professional cricket player...PROFESSIONAL. he has every right to take care of his body to prolong his career. to each his own i guess.

Sorry but in England this would be NO GOOD Test cricket is the ultimate, while one-dayers, especially the Asia Cup, are a nonsense OK he's the one-day captrain, so has to play, but to miss Tests shows a worrying sign of how the game is going.... TEST CRICKET IS THE ULTIMATE
I agree that test cricket is important (irrespective what the stupid English think:D). But from Dhpni's point of view, his absence from ODI would hurt the team's cause more than his absence from tests. In tests he can be replaced without damage.....not so in tests.
We all know your love for Dhoni...but this is disgusting stuff from him. If he was too tired,why in the first place he didn't opt out of Asia cup? thought it was an easy chance to lift that trophy..so stayed on.
glad to have quelled the doubts :D And Dhoni doesnt have a big role in the Test squad as of now. He is replaceable. Not so in ODIs. And I was wishin he'd take a break from a long time back. Just look at how busy he has been. It is all very well to be committed to country and play at the highest level. But, if he stresses himself more, he'll end up injuring himself. And we certainly do not want that. Even Sachin played IPL while carrying an injury. Perspective.

The biggest test of any cricketer is test cricket. This is the one area he has not delivered in. It says a lot about Dhonis personality that instead of being desperate to play tests and prove himself he bottles it and wimps out saying he is tired. You would think he would be desperate to play tests to prove his worth. Any other cricketer would be desperate to play to prove himself! Dhoni is a digrace and a mercenary. More interestesd in playing IPL and rubbing shoulders with bollywood celebs then playing for his country INDIA!