Dhoni pulls out of SL test series

Question mark over Dhoni's availability for SL series
BCCI unaware of Dhoni's pull-out plan The Cricket Board on Monday said it has not received any intimation from India's ODI captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni [images] to exclude him from the Sri Lanka-bound squad. The BCCI was reacting to media reports which claimed that Dhoni was set to pull out of the Sri Lanka [images] tour as he was tired of playing non-stop cricket. India are scheduled to play three Tests and five One Day Internationals during the tour of Sri Lanka to be held from July 18 to August 29. "He was in the same flight with me from Karachi but he did not say anything at all," BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah told PTI. "If at all there is anything, we will know tomorrow," Shah said. The selectors will meet in Mumbai on Tuesday to pick the squad for the Sri Lanka tour, besides naming a list of 30 probables for the Champions Trophy. Dhoni has been critical of the hectic Asia Cup schedule and the Team India captain found support in coach Gary Kirsten, who also felt that Dhoni was feeling tired and needed a break. After Sunday's defeat in the Asia Cup final in Karachi, Dhoni was asked to clarify if he was pulling out of the Sri Lanka tour. The ODI captain, however, evaded a direct answer and said things would be clear in the next couple of days.
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jul/07bcci.htm

I bet you the arrogant **** is fit for the next IPL series! He should be axed immedeatley. Anyone in such early parts of carrer opting out of a test series clearly does not have the hunger to play for India. Axe this SOB and someone explain to him how Sachin for 17 years always plays bar injury!

I bet you the arrogant **** is fit for the next IPL series! He should be axed immedeatley. Anyone in such early parts of carrer opting out of a test series clearly does not have the hunger to play for India. Axe this SOB and someone explain to him how Sachin for 17 years always plays bar injury!
when was the last time Dhoni took a break? the 17 years Sachin played, the schedule wasn't as intense as it is now
Dhoni is a keeper who squats for 50 overs each ODI. He is also a captain. So has more load than Sachin had, also considering the fact that amount of cricket has increased considerably. But I agree IPL has a part to play in it. And all those blind IPL supporters cannot digest this fact. I mean, ideally, you would want every IPL player to claim it didn't hurt their fitness/hunger etc, and they try to hide the reality as much as possible, but it cannot be the truth. IPL is high intensity high stakes tournament that will force players to play with niggles/fatigue and only exacerbate the situation.

Lets be honest he is not that good at test cricket. He actually will not be missed and the team will probably be improved without his prescence. He has a ridiculous iconic status which means he cant be dropped from test team even though his performances have been average. The team will be improved without him. p.s what a girl he is. Real tough life he has playing cricket all over the world. Poor girl needs a rest!! Dhoni is pathetic. His team mates for who is captain will also lose a lot of respect for him over this! He has been average at test cricket now does not opt to play! COWARD

Let Dhoni pull out the arrogant SOB. Its debatable wether he should be in test team anyway. Its not as if he is been good in tests, just ok. He better watch himself! Some guy may come in and take his test place. Hope someone does!
These are unconfirmed reports about Dhoni, so hold your horses. Furthermore, India have been on two years of non-stop cricket and he is in need of a rest. He is the ODI captain and Test cricket is the second priority for him - say what you want about the sentiment of 'real cricket', but that is the reality.
Anyone in such early parts of carrer opting out of a test series clearly does not have the hunger to play for India. Axe this SOB and someone explain to him how Sachin for 17 years always plays bar injury!
Tendulkar has not played two years of the intensity of India's last two. Who is to say that Dhoni is not carrying small injuries, anyway?
These are unconfirmed reports about Dhoni' date=' so hold your horses. Furthermore, India have been on two years of non-stop cricket and he is in need of a rest.[b'] He is the ODI captain and Test cricket is the second priority for him - say what you want about the sentiment of 'real cricket', but that is the reality. Tendulkar has not played two years of the intensity of India's last two. Who is to say that Dhoni is not carrying small injuries, anyway?
Right now, it looks like 4th priority..after ODI ,T-20 national team and IPL team captaincy.
Lets be honest he is not that good at test cricket. He actually will not be missed and the team will probably be improved without his prescence. He has a ridiculous iconic status which means he cant be dropped from test team even though his performances have been average. The team will be improved without him.
I am not impressed by his batting in tests but I would still reserve my judgement. Right now, speaking without thinking ahead about future captaincy issues and without taking into account how big a figure Dhoni has become, KD Karthik would be a better bet than Dhoni in thetest team.
Lets be honest he is not that good at test cricket. He actually will not be missed and the team will probably be improved without his prescence. He has a ridiculous iconic status which means he cant be dropped from test team even though his performances have been average. The team will be improved without him. p.s what a girl he is. Real tough life he has playing cricket all over the world. Poor girl needs a rest!! Dhoni is pathetic. His team mates for who is captain will also lose a lot of respect for him over this! He has been average at test cricket now does not opt to play! COWARD
u a karthik fan?

Irrespective of who goes to SL as wicketkeeper, I hope he performs really well. It never hurts to have some competition!! Its a scary situation to have only one wicketkeeper. What if Dhoni hurt his back and cant keep?!?