Will our batting be rusty?

Ram

Now that our test and ODI batting line-ups are almost entirely different ( atleast the middle-order certainly is), the question that pops up is, Will the test batsman be rusty and a tad out of form? Dont know exactly if there's any FC cricket going on, but the last time Dravid/Ganguly played competitive cricket was the IPL and that was a while ago. Kumble has probably not played any cricket at all, since the Aussie tests. Bhajji has been banned, while Munaf and Zak are making a comeback. This doesnt look too encouraging. Hope we arent caught off-guard in the first test.

yep we would definitely take time to get into the groove..this happens in all the test series..it is not gonna be different if v play in Aus or SL the first test we always struggle and i guess we shd jus hope that they get accustomed to the spin conditions much faster coz the fab 4 has played cricket long enuf in these conditions..the first test is really crucial and i wud say a draw there wud be a very gud result for us..if we win in the first test i would go ballistic :D but realistically i see a draw if India plays well..

there should be a 4-day match between the odi xi & test xi. that would make the youngsters get a feel of what they can expect in tests & also it can provide the test team some batting practice

hence, because of all of that Marirs, we need to have more then 1 practice game to get thse guys in the knick. Even though all these players have had training session recently, but playing matches really makes difference and if players are provided a game or two before first test, it would help them.

This is why the triumvirate should not be totally cut off from ODIs. Rotate them, and give one or two of the triumvirate a chance in ODIs just for the sake of keeping them match fit. Just going into Test series after eating rasgollahs at home, playing with kids, and watching soap operas on TV means they are going to take a Test or two to get going. No amount of "training" will get them match fit, like playing in an ODI or two, or domestics/county cricket etc. For example: Zaheer Khan was a transformed and raring-to-go bowler after the county stint last time.

where was the camp? with which players?
FL...had you been reading only the Posts of Chandan..you would not have asked this question... My suggestion...Read chandan's posts...you will know a great deal about Indian cricket...and if you feel like...you can give your two paisa in those threads as well...:giggle:
This is why the triumvirate should not be totally cut off from ODIs. Rotate them, and give one or two of the triumvirate a chance in ODIs just for the sake of keeping them match fit. Just going into Test series after eating rasgollahs at home, playing with kids, and watching soap operas on TV means they are going to take a Test or two to get going. No amount of "training" will get them match fit, like playing in an ODI or two, or domestics/county cricket etc. For example: Zaheer Khan was a transformed and raring-to-go bowler after the county stint last time.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You're right, amits. Ganguly already was in London. Dravid and Laxman were sweating it out bigtime in the nets at Bangalore. I have faith in Dravid, Kumble etc. I dont think they will be "rusty". They might take some time to get used to the conditions, but they sure wont be rusty. And maybe they felt practising in bangalore heat, which is more similar to lanka, as compared to England, would be more helpful?