Paarthiv Patel or Dinesh Kaarthick

Paarthiv Patel or Dinesh Kaarthick  

1. 1.

• Paarthiv Patel
    • Dinesh Kaarthick

They are both competent batsmen, especially Parthiv, but they aren't good 'keepers. Karthik used to be a decent 'keeper, but he wasn't convincing in his most recent performances. I suppose he will be one who gets the nod. The paucity of options makes me wish this guy was young enough to play for India; 08mong2.jpg

They are both competent batsmen, especially Parthiv, but they aren't good 'keepers. Karthik used to be a decent 'keeper, but he wasn't convincing in his most recent performances. I suppose he will be one who gets the nod. The paucity of options makes me wish this guy was young enough to play for India; 08mong2.jpg
I agree that Mongia was one of the best keeper ever for Team India but I hate him for being involved in match fixing and even though the courts couldnt find enough evidence but I am convinced that he was involved. How can I forget the run outs that Mr Mongia and Azhar caused in late 90s .. bastards :devil_smile:

dinesh kartik is one of the best keepers behind the stumps in india. and in tests, the wicket-keeping ability of a batsman should matter & not batting ability. for batting we have 6 world-class batsmen already in the xi and parthiv isnt a great batsman. he can score quickly & he cant even hit a 6

I opted for Karthik. I believe Parthiv is better batsman than Karthik but his keeping is as bad as Akmal's. Karthik although looks unassured most of the times he did well against South Africa in South Africa and England in England. I'd rather go with someone that has opened consistently and has scored some runs rather than someone that hasn't played test cricket for sometime. It's a three test series so Parthiv's chance will come if Karthik doesn't perform. My bet, Anil Kumble is going to favour Karthik because he was part of the tour when Karthik did well in SA and England. On a different note, India will miss Dhoni's keeping dearly I think. Dhoni's wicket keeping has been terrific over the last couple of years. I've lost count on the number of great takes he has taken overseas.