It's Confirmed - It's Asif Yet Again

Non-sequitor on two counts. What's the relationship between religion and drug scandals? Care to elaboarate? And many Indian Muslims put religion before state. Why would it stop them from giving their all against Pakistan?
Religion sure does bring friction. Nobody should have religion forced down their throats and thats exactly what happened in Pak team. Now obviously, we don't know the details, but Afridi said in one interview that almost everyone is now a 5 time Namazi , save for a few exceptions. What I am saying is that it is never a good idea to build a NATIONAL team around a religious theme. I don't know how Kaneria would have felt in that team under Inzi. Technically speaking, an Indian Muslim in Indian cricket team is playing in a team full of Kafirs. And if he gives his all against the All Muslims Pakistani team, he is putting the Indian Nation above his religion. Or money above religion, as the case maybe. :-D
$50K ICF dollars. Asif will get away with a slap on his wrist & PCB will shamelessly defend him. Wanna take me on ?
don't have that kina money, but for whatever i am worth (which isn't anything :haha: i am willing to bet that PCB will distance itself from this mess this time...the only was Asif is getting off this time is if though some miracle sample B comes out negative...
$50K ICF dollars. Asif will get away with a slap on his wrist & PCB will shamelessly defend him. Wanna take me on ?
"Our policy about dope offenders is very clear," said Shafqat Naghmi, PCB's chief operating officer. "The board will not provide any kind of help to Asif and he will have to fight his case himself," he added.
"Our policy about dope offenders is very clear' date='" said Shafqat Naghmi, PCB's chief operating officer. "The board will not provide any kind of help to Asif and he will have to fight his case himself," he added.[/quote'] You mean the same guys who chest thumped about 'zero tolerance policy', when they were letting Akhtar & Asif go scott free :haha:
I don't know how Kaneria would have felt in that team under Inzi.
are you saying Kaneria never played under inzi? you need to get your statements right!!!
Technically speaking, an Indian Muslim in Indian cricket team is playing in a team full of Kafirs. And if he gives his all against the All Muslims Pakistani team, he is putting the Indian Nation above his religion. Or money above religion, as the case maybe. :-D
what are you talking abt my friend? when you are a citizen of a country you play for that country regardless of religion, color, or caste...

I know the PCB is getting a lot of punishment here, but am I wrong in saying that they actually did hand out bans to Shoaib/Asif originally only for the legal courts to over rule those bans? Isn't it the same when Shoaib recently got a 5 year ban and a court ruled a temporary halt to that ban until another ruling? I'm not saying the PCB is guiltless, but you can't blame them when they hand out a two/five year suspension, only to see a third party (the legal courts of the land) over rule them? I do think though, they should have made a moral decision not to SELECT Asif/Akhtar but that is where they were weak. They knew these two should have been banned but went ahead and picked them when the ban was over turned. They have that same moral obligation now, to punish Asif even though it's an IPL drug test. We'll see what they do, ESPECIALLY considering they were already supposed to investigate the illegal substance found in his wallet! I guess you reap what you sow in this case.

Guest dada_rocks
"Our policy about dope offenders is very clear' date='" said Shafqat Naghmi, PCB's chief operating officer. "The board will not provide any kind of help to Asif and he will have to fight his case himself," he added.[/quote'] What happend to the policy when these two cheats were taken off when found guilty in internal test and then allowed to play without any punishement whatsover..

I despise him as much as the next Indian fan, because I know he cheated the first time around and got off due to PCB's fiddling. In fact, if ever there was a tacit admission of guilt, it was when he and Shoaib waived their right to have the B sample tested. They knew they had taken the stuff. However, I think the current furore is pramature. Firstly, we don't know what was the banned substance. If it was something like the stuff that comes in cold remedies, it really is no big deal. Secondly, I have known B samples to diverge from A samples. Marion Jones tested positive for EPO on her A sample, but was cleared after the B sample was negative. This can happen when a lab is testing hundreds of samples and makes a clerical error. Innocent until proven guilty- that's how the civilised society works. It also repudiates what Zaheer, the WADA rep in Pakistan, is saying about IPL releasing the results prematurely. This has happened many many times in past, including in Jones' case. If your B sample tests positive, and particularly in a repeat offender's case, no court of law can get him off on a technicality. BTW, this fella Zaheer is not standing up for Asif. He genuinely abhors drug cheats, and advocated throwing the book at Shoaib and Asif when they were found guilty. It was his recommendations that were overturned by a PCB appointed, hand chosen panel comprising stooges, and he was genuinely livid at that decision. Coming back to the point, PCB disowning him raises an interesting point. Remember, earlier today, ICC has said it's BCCI's own internal matter. Surely, BCCI has no power to impose a worldwide ban on him. So what happens? I think ultimately, if he is proven guilty, it will be PCB's remit whether to select him or not. That bunch of gentlemen, shameless as they are, will be looking to make an example of him to protect their own now rather sullied reputations. I simply can't see Asif dodging this one. If he's guilty, that is. It'll be at least a week before we know.

Guide Lines for Urine Sample Collection Sample A and Sample B is collected at the same time in two different sealed bottles..and Target player himself pours his urine in two bottles...and signs it... the procedure is very elaborate...and there is no chance for any error... only clerical error at lab can cause the difference in the results of Sample A and B...otherwise...Sample A and B will always show same results..

As far as fast bowling goes there is no new talent available in Pak or atleast thats the impressing one gets given continues selection of Rao. The available options are to go back to the likes of sami and rana or give the likes of wahab (hope got the name right) a longer rope OR continue putting up with the cr@p asif and akhtar serve. Unfortunatly both pak selectors and pak fans are going with the last option which is very disappointing.

As far as fast bowling goes there is no new talent available in Pak or atleast thats the impressing one gets given continues selection of Rao. The available options are to go back to the likes of sami and rana or give the likes of wahab (hope got the name right) a longer rope OR continue putting up with the cr@p asif and akhtar serve. Unfortunatly both pak selectors and pak fans are going with the last option which is very disappointing.
they are all banned.

OK, if it's not bannable, why sensationalize it by saying "tested positive". I mean, if its some immune booster or whatever then they should wait for the complete report before throwing out the cover page and then reading us the content