It's Confirmed - It's Asif Yet Again

is General Musharaff still the boss of PCB?? Pakistan was tainted in 90s in sharjah with all the bribery and all but this is hitting a new low. Too young, Too rich, Too famous, Too quickly for Asif. I heard he drives a mercedes SLR coupe!

What an utter waste this fella is? How can he keep on going round in circles like this even after having screwed his career already once? Honestly this chap doesn't have a future, he can't play a quarter season let alone a full season. What's with cricketers from Pakistan? They are influenced by all sorts of bad things in the world it seems like. Where is the good old honest and straight forward hard work leading to success theory gone?

Oh' date=' boy.....he did IT again...if PCB doesn't ban this SUCKER then ICC should step in and strip PCB of its privileges...no more non sense....[/quote']
i agree with you....but what can you expect when a cricket board is run by a physician? unless we get rid of DNA the Pak cricket is going to suffer more humiliations likes these..but my point was that for whatever reason if PBC once again does not react fairly in this situation then ICC should step in and for the betterment of cricket take action against PCB....
Well there are times when PCB makes the right decision, the judiciary over rules the verdict. It is very unfortunate when Politicians intervene to over rule the right decision.
What an utter waste this fella is? How can he keep on going round in circles like this even after having screwed his career already once? Honestly this chap doesn't have a future' date=' he can't play a quarter season let alone a full season. What's with cricketers from Pakistan? They are influenced by all sorts of bad things in the world it seems like. Where is the good old honest and straight forward hard work leading to success theory gone?[/quote'] It is very unfortunate to waste his career like this. This is where senior players in the team should act as his mentor. But when you have seniors like Shoaib Akhtar to look out to, you don't have hope. In the 1980's Pakistan had a great leader in the form of Imran Khan to look up to. I think seniors like Younis Ahmed, Md Yousuf should take a more proactive role in providing leadership and mentorship to the team. Pakistan needs to have someone in the stature of Sachin Tendulkar / Dravid to look up to. There used to be Inzi. But somehow he was great cricketer. But could not command the same respect like a Imran Khan had with his team. It is high time that Pakistan identifies a leader in the stature of Imran Khan to lead and unite team. Pakistan would do well even if it means they need to retire some old players like Akhtar, Afridi who may not want to play as a team similar to how India has identified Dhoni to lead.

OH MY GOD, IT'S ASIF ?!!!! OF ALL THE PEOPLE...WELL, I NEVER...:winky: I haven't read the thread so i might not know all the details but in all seriousness, it's quite probable that this cheat will be playing for his minnow team in a few weeks time. If the board isn't a signatory to the associations which deal with these crimes (ie; the World Anti-Doping Agency), who will impose the penalty ? The BCCI doesn't have the authority to do it. And technically, this is his first sample so his lawyers can easily buy him some time. Nothing will happen. The way these paki cheats take everyone for a ride - whether it be with doping, ball tampering, pitch tampering, and anything else - really is astounding. They do nothing but disgrace the game of cricket. These charades make a mockery out of the sport.

so in short * PCB can not punish him * ICC can not punish him * BCCI can but they can only ban him from IPL ... People who are saying that PCB has a policy to distance itself from a player who is caught in any activity related to drugs , please remember that just weeks ago PCB sent lawyers to get Asif released from Dubai where he was caught carrying illegal substances. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN !

Seriously, how dumb can this guy get? He's already been let free once, despite indulging in drug abuse just year and a half ago. Any sane man would make sure he wouldnt go within a mile of even medications that may have ingredients listed on the banned items list. But our man does the unthinkable. He does dope AGAIN, in a premier world tournament, despite knowing that there would be WADA accredited dope testing, which means he wouldnt have been able to get away with any masking agent either. Then, the bad goes to worst. He passes through the airport security of a middle-eastern Islamic country with some recreational drug in his wallet. Maybe he's just gone mental or something. Talking about stupid/funny, I found this on the net. G2WXN87Ji9g :D

Well there are times when PCB makes the right decision' date=' the judiciary over rules the verdict. It is very unfortunate when Politicians intervene to over rule the right decision.[/quote'] i know...unless our judiciary is independent we can't get justice...and that's precisely what has happened every time PCB has taken an action...the root cause of all this is the damn general and unless we get rid of him we can't fix anything.....
I despise him as much as the next Indian fan' date=' because I know he cheated the first time around and got off due to PCB's fiddling. In fact, if ever there was a tacit admission of guilt, it was when he and Shoaib waived their right to have the B sample tested. They [b']knew they had taken the stuff. However, I think the current furore is pramature. Firstly, we don't know what was the banned substance. If it was something like the stuff that comes in cold remedies, it really is no big deal. Secondly, I have known B samples to diverge from A samples. Marion Jones tested positive for EPO on her A sample, but was cleared after the B sample was negative. This can happen when a lab is testing hundreds of samples and makes a clerical error. Innocent until proven guilty- that's how the civilised society works. It also repudiates what Zaheer, the WADA rep in Pakistan, is saying about IPL releasing the results prematurely. This has happened many many times in past, including in Jones' case. If your B sample tests positive, and particularly in a repeat offender's case, no court of law can get him off on a technicality. BTW, this fella Zaheer is not standing up for Asif. He genuinely abhors drug cheats, and advocated throwing the book at Shoaib and Asif when they were found guilty. It was his recommendations that were overturned by a PCB appointed, hand chosen panel comprising stooges, and he was genuinely livid at that decision. Coming back to the point, PCB disowning him raises an interesting point. Remember, earlier today, ICC has said it's BCCI's own internal matter. Surely, BCCI has no power to impose a worldwide ban on him. So what happens? I think ultimately, if he is proven guilty, it will be PCB's remit whether to select him or not. That bunch of gentlemen, shameless as they are, will be looking to make an example of him to protect their own now rather sullied reputations. I simply can't see Asif dodging this one. If he's guilty, that is. It'll be at least a week before we know.
You're absolutely correct on erring on the side of caution and awaiting the results of the B sample here. However, we do direct evidence of Asif carrying illegal contraband/substances in his wallet in an international airport. We have a prior conviction on a failed drug test followed up by the withdrawel of the B sample test you mentioned above and suddently failing a fitness test leading up to the World Cup at around this time conveniantly taking him out of the Word Cup drug tests. As far as I know, since then he's failed yet another A sample test in the IPL. After a while you just don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. Anyone is innocent until proven guilty but in Asif's case he's already been proven guilty twice before and has failed the initial A sample test. He's lost any credibility in my opinion and if you check the pulse of the international community, no one's shocked that he's failed yet another drug test. The only shock here would be if this man represents his country again in cricket, but looking at the PCB if he does, it won't be the first time they sell out morals and principles for a few cheap victories.
i know...unless our judiciary is independent we can't get justice...and that's precisely what has happened every time PCB has taken an action...the root cause of all this is the damn general and unless we get rid of him we can't fix anything.....
The PCB do have the right to disagree with the judiciary by doing the right thing and not selecting these players in the first place. But yet, the PCB select Asif and Akhtar time and time again after these bans get over turned.

Maybe, just maybe, it is the public and media that is responsible for PCB actions. Their media is the worst in the world. There is so much pressure from the Pak public to see the team perform, that the board is forced to choose the 2 mofos time and again, just to get some victories, and temporarily stop the criticisms. If the general public takes a stand against them, and is ready to wait for new stars to come and develop their game, the board might actually be able to take strong decisions. After all, I don't think those PCB guys have any personal relations with Asif or Akhtar, they are just trying to retain their positions in the board by giving into the temptation. Somehow, I have a feeling, that the average Pakistani on the street would like both of them to play again. I hope it is not true.

Pakistan cricket is in toilette just because of one person and no prize to guess the name of person' date=' yes I am talking about American dog Musharaf.[/quote'] pak cricket is in the toilette because of their cheating players...dont tell me Mus tells em cheat?
Pakistan cricket is in toilette just because of one person and no prize to guess the name of person' date=' yes I am talking about American dog Musharaf.[/quote'] exactly what does Musharaf have to do with this? and if he is doing housecleaning of all the sick fascist dildoes then he is doing his nation a service, even if he does so at american persuasion.