Why???

kabira

I know we lost badly... I went to bed when SA were tottering at 70 odd for lost of 6 wkts..The likes of Kallis, Gibbs, Smith, AB Villier and dangerous Boucher were back in hut. I thought, this game is in the bag....as bhajji still has full quota of overs left and he is the one bowler you can rely on... And when I wake up, I see SA score 270+......how come?? what the fack went wrong..How can you allow hit and miss player Kemp to score a century...fack fack fack.. I totally blame Rahul Dravid for this...what on the earth happened Mr. Rahul?? werent you testing different players in different situations..This was ideal situation to wrap up the game...you knew anything over 150, and your batting line up will struggle.. fack fack fack...freaking unbelievable...Thankfully TVSS was down and I did not watch single ball of indian batting....

Re: Why??? Now captain is out... The last ODI we played with one of most experienced team in recent times..with Dhoni being junior member... Its time to include Sreesanth instead of Aggy...I dont know, I feel Aggy only bowls well in subcontinent and Australia..

Re: Why??? What is dravid supposed to do...play on both ends...? When the others are not willing to show some spine? And the fielding was pathetic....bowlers bowled badly but whatever chances they created were let down.Batting was spineless(except dravid and dhoni to some extent)

Re: Why??? >but how much can you blame the poor captain for such an allround poor performance....you can only pity him. why not?? if we had bowled them out under 150..he would have got all the credit.. Its captain's responsibility on the field...he was right there...

Re: Why??? He can not go out and bowl himself ....we can blame him for bad bowling changes or bad field placement....but when most bowlers with the exception of kumble and zaheer in the begining have no clue what they are doing and when the team as a whole fields badly (including the catch left by captain)....what can he really do.?..of course he gets the blame as the captain of the sinking ship ......but is he solely responsible and hence solely to be blamed. your quote:I totally blame Rahul Dravid for this.

Re: Why??? >totally ....the blame lies totally with the captain??? yes..thats why leaders always get the blame...I am sure Rahul is feeling the pinch...I wont blame him for the batting disaster..but do expect him to lead the side well when we take the field.. thats the quality of the leader, if team plays bad, he takes the responsibility..if team is doing well, he attributes to the team work..

Re: Why??? gang let us down as a batsman gambit...he did not deserve a place in the side as a batsman.i used to be his big fan ...but he no longer deserved the place ...that doesn't mean he can't come back or his lack in form is permanent. I still think he wasn't so bad as a captain.....very superstitious though .but a captain ( and vicecaptain :wall: :wall: ) can't reserve a place in the team if they are not performing.

Re: Why???

Why are SRK and Dravid fans so touchy? Everytime their favourites are criticised they get emotional. :flux: BTW radhika, then you/us shouldn't blame Gangs either for many games where our bowling and/or batting let us down.
Comparing Dravid and Gangs is like comparing SRK and AB. One is a performer while the other is all BS. :hic: Rads is right. Dravid has lead from the front. Gangs did shytty captaincy and sucked with the bat and hence the flak. Kabira is right as well. The buck stops with the cappo. I didn't watch the game, so can't comment on specific bowling changes or field placements he messed with. But did read from others that there were a few wrong moves.

Re: Why??? radhika, the buck stops with the captain. Full stop. Every Indian captain, I repeat, every Indian captain that I have seen has been thoroughly abused by the fans at some point or the other. Gavaskar was at Eden. Azhar was maby times. Sachin was in 99-00. Ganguly, as you know, was too. Now it's Dravid's turn. Fair or unfair it happens. In fact, Dravid's plight reminds me of SRT's captaincy in Australia. He was the only one standing amidst the ruins. Dravid's last 10-15 ODIs with the bat have been shoddy. If he keeps that up and if we don't perform, he needs to go. Before the world cup if it came to that.

Re: Why??? Radhikaji, I don't know which match you were watching, I had the misfortune of watching the whole Indian bowling in that match. It was Dravid's fault when he brought tendu to bowl and even worse he set up the most defensive fielding possible. That was the time when the match started to slip away. Simply speaking he should've gone for the kill. He should've brought back Zak or the two idiots, the pressure of the situation would've made the batsmen not to treat pathan or aggy like club bowlers like they did in the end. And aggy has never been a good end-bowler. BTW I'll bet RD has dropped 70% of 1st catches coming to him in this whole season. Incidentally he caught every 2nd one even when they were difficult.