Kaneria may want to play for England

Guest Hiten.

Guest Hiten.

ESSEX star Danish Kaneria has sensationally revealed he would consider playing for England if Pakistan continue to snub him. The leg-spinner, who has taken 220 Test wickets, told the Gazette that if he is out of the picture with the Pakistan selectors and England wanted him, he would be interested. He said: "I may consider playing for England at one stage if Pakistan are not picking me. "I am 27 and a proper leg-spinner gets his real class when he is 32 - Shane Warne got to his 30s and was bowling out every team so I have plenty of years to go. "I don't know what will happen and will see how Pakistan cope with me. "If England wanted me to play and do something for them I would think it over." Kaneria, who first played for Essex in 2004, has not enjoyed a happy year with Pakistan, having been disciplined by the Pakistan Cricket Board in February for an outburst in the media after he was demoted to a category C centrally contracted player. He said at the time he felt more loved at Essex than by his own country and he enjoys the opportunity Essex give him to be their main bowling asset. He has not played a Test Match for eight months and has only played 18 one-day internationals since making his debut in 2001, as the Pakistan management started preferring batsmen who could bowl part-time spin - the likes of Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, and Shahid Afridi. And it was little surprise to see his name was absent from Pakistan's preliminary 30-man Champions Trophy squad for September, which was announced yesterday. He said: "I didn't hear anything from Pakistan. I'm doing well and taking wickets and would like to play one-day cricket for Pakistan again. "I have not given up and want to get my place back in the team. I play well in each form of the game but when Pakistan don't pick me it is up to the media to ask the Pakistan selectors why?" A spokesman for the England and Wales Cricket Board said for Kaneria to be eligible to play for England it would take four years. "During that period Kaneria would have to spend at least seven months a year living in England, or 210 days during the 12-month period," he said. "And during that time he cannot play for Pakistan - if he plays domestically in Pakistan he would have to be classed as an overseas player. Also, he would need to gain British citizenship." Kaneria has once again been Essex's biggest bowling threat this season. He has taken 46 wickets in all competitions for Essex so far this season. http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/2399597.kaneria_may_want_to_play_for_england/ OH GOD! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

This is really confusing. If I am not mistaken, every country's immigration policies are designed in such a way, so as to deter immigration. For eg, the US Consulate rejects the student Visa application of students who, in their personal judgement, could become 'potential immigrants'. So, a student who doesnt have too much funds, or openly admits his intention to stay in the US, beyond his degree, has his/her visa application rejected. But in this case, Kaneria is almost trumpeting his desire to become a UK resident, which is ridiculous coz there is a fundemental contradiction here. At least as per the book, you dont go to a foreign country, with a declared aim of wanting to become its permanent resident/citizen. Thats like an open mock of the immigration policies. How come the British govt watch silently as native Pakistani, with just a Visa status in the UK currently, tell the whole world he wants to migrate into the UK? Besides, a country accepts a non-native as its resident/citizen, on basis of his contributions to the local community. Kaneria has already almost openly admitted that his intention to immigrate into the UK is for the sole purpose of advancing his cricketing career and nothing else. I am perplexed!

He should do whatever he feels right. IF Pak deosnt want him' date=' why the hell not ? Isnt it same as all the[b'] Kolpak players ?
correct me if i am worng, but Kolpak players NEVER played for their national teams? and y in the world wud england want to plays someone like saqi or kaneria or monty or any other local player?
correct me if i am worng' date=' but Kolpak players NEVER played for their national teams? and y in the world wud england want to plays someone like saqi or kaneria or monty or any other local player?[/quote'] I think there are a few who went the county way after being sidelined from SA national team. But most of them aren't good enough to play for England national team, especially after 4 year mandatory period. But if Kaneria is good, why the hell not ? Also,I don't get what you are trying to say in the second line ?
I think there are a few who went the county way after being sidelined from SA national team. But most of them aren't good enough to play for England national team' date=' especially after 4 year mandatory period. But if Kaneria is good, why the hell not ? Also,I don't get what you are trying to say in the second line ?[/quote'] my bad....i was trying to say " y in the world wud england want to plays someone like saqi or kaneria FOR monty or any other local player"?

Kaneria has lost it..and the English wud be outrite stupid if they pick this guy..why the heck shd they pick a pakistani ahead of their local players..maybe seeing peiterson succeed all rejected national players of other countries want to play for England i suppose..but a pakistani player for an english team lol that wud be the last thing on the english selectors mind :hysterical: i guess Kaneria is just testing Pakistani selectors..he thinks if he leaves a statement like this they wud recall him :D

"He has not played a Test Match for eight months and has only played 18 one-day internationals since making his debut in 2001, as the Pakistan management started preferring batsmen who could bowl part-time spin - the likes of Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, and Shahid Afridi" errrr...thats because PAK have not played a test match for eight months.