Tendulkar v.s Mendis

Rajiv

This is going to be a great one. Sachin relishes spinners and the talk of a new spinner in town makes him all red. He tried to take saqlain off in 98, but fell to his off spin and was caught for 0 Panesar took him recently, we have to watch its re-run again but I am really looking forward to this one, he just can't stand any spinner challenging him Please keep this alive, there were will be lot of turns here

he is gonna own Mendis..im pretty sure abt that..and as jf1gp has pointed out i really dont mind if he gets out cheaply to him the first time coz then he wud make sure he wont lose his wicket to Mendis again and he wud hurt Mendis also..but this is not gonna be a classic battle guys..its gonna be a gud one but Sachin will show Mendis who he really is dealing with :winky::yay:

This is going to be a great one. Sachin relishes spinners and the talk of a new spinner in town makes him all red. He tried to take saqlain off in 98, but fell to his off spin and was caught for 0 Panesar took him recently, we have to watch its re-run again but I am really looking forward to this one, he just can't stand any spinner challenging him Please keep this alive, there were will be lot of turns here
Dont forget his recent attack on Hogg.
ganguly and vvs will play mendis better than SRT SG however will be cat on tin roof against Slinga if bouncy pitch(unlikely in SL)
lol finey im not sure abt that..u know who dominated Hogg in the aussie series..and Sourav was Hoggs bunny infact..so SRT wud definitely do better than Sourav..
He's going to struggle. He hates facing irregular bowlers.
care to name a few holy? i cant think of many..fannie devilliers was one bowler who had the measure of Sachin..Abdur Razzaq also used to get him frequently..but im not sure any spinner has dominated Sachin..he has had his trouble with left arm spinners some times..Ray Price is one guy who comes into my mind..

Mendis will get the better of Tendulkar more often than not. I don't expect any of the Indian batsmen to play him with ease - he pitches with McGrath-like accuracy and keeps it wicket to wicket. They haven't played him before and no amount of video re-runs or net practices will prepare them.

Mendis will get the better of Tendulkar more often than not. I don't expect any of the Indian batsmen to play him with ease - he pitches with McGrath-like accuracy and keeps it wicket to wicket. They haven't played him before and no amount of video re-runs or net practices will prepare them.
:dito:
i dont mind mendis getting Sachin cheaply in first inning of first test 'cause a wounded Sachin is the most dangerous batsman we will see for a long time. Remember what he did to warne ' date= saqlain and my personal fav Olonga.
What did he do? Saqi got him out in the first 3 innings of the 99 series and in the next 3 he didn't last long enough to face Saqi.
Not sure why you guys are so worried about this guy. Yes he did take 6 wickets in one game but he is not unplayable ( as proven by the BAN batsmen). Secondly it is a lot more difficult to dismiss batsmen in test cricket.
sehwag & gambhir will play mendis better than the others. gambhir' date=' was hitting muralitharan for 4s & 6s with ease in the tri-series in aus & sehwag always smashes runs against spinners[/quote'] mendis is counting on just that-indian batsmen being over confident against him(again).I think mendis must be treated with caution till they figure out what he is bowling and whether his action changes (even minute changes)during certain deliveries.