Who is near the guillotine - RD? SG? VVS?

The worst part is when people go around making silly statements like 'So, when was the last time thanked an Indian soldier' or 'Sachin isnt doing anything for free'... etc.. Well, do they themselves go around singing praises of armed forces or dedicating their lives to philanthrophy? One must actually practice, before they go around pontificating. Or else, they may end up looking a bit silly.

Guest dada_rocks
Truly silly statement. Any man is entitled to make as much fortune as he can, out of his profession. Dont you do it yourself, or do you work for charity? Sachin didnt go around begging for ads and media contracts. Because of what he is, the respect he has and his overall stature he has among Indians, adsand money went to him. No surprises there. But what separates Sachin from the rest is his total committment to the sport, his discipilne and self-restraintv in the public space, at a time of errant celebrities who are more interested in masala talk. ANYONE questioning Sachin is on absolutely flimsy grounds and dont have a hope of sustaining their argument for more than a minute. He deserves every bit of the fame, adulation and money he has earnt and more.
technically speaking he did go begging when he was supposed to pay custom duty for goods he earned through his game.. How I wish he should not have done that.....:--D
Guest dada_rocks

Who said ganguly ......what is this when I fix some old ganugly haters new ones come up..:finger:. u can keep harping against the most prolific batsman of test team in recent times but he is there to stay..

Guest dada_rocks
The worst part is when people go around making silly statements like 'So, when was the last time thanked an Indian soldier' or 'Sachin isnt doing anything for free'... etc.. Well, do they themselves go around singing praises of armed forces or dedicating their lives to philanthrophy? One must actually practice, before they go around pontificating. Or else, they may end up looking a bit silly.
Who knows suraj might be doing all that..

I think RD. His body language is just not right these days. I don't know what is bothering him, but ever since he stepped down as captain after England series last year, I don't enjoy watching him. As for Sachin, I think GOD will hang his boots when he feels that way. I don't think BCCI will drop him. He has a GOD status and even after 18 years, is still a "crowd puller".

Truly silly statement. Any man is entitled to make as much fortune as he can, out of his profession. Dont you do it yourself, or do you work for charity? Sachin didnt go around begging for ads and media contracts. Because of what he is, the respect he has and his overall stature he has among Indians, adsand money went to him. No surprises there. But what separates Sachin from the rest is his total committment to the sport, his discipilne and self-restraintv in the public space, at a time of errant celebrities who are more interested in masala talk. ANYONE questioning Sachin is on absolutely flimsy grounds and dont have a hope of sustaining their argument for more than a minute. He deserves every bit of the fame, adulation and money he has earnt and more.
Are you dense? I commented on the quote that, if Sachin gets injured, we will have blood on our hands! He is not doing anybody any favors or sacrificing anything for the country or anything. He is a mere professional like any of us working , dedicatedly, and making tons of money. Do I ever say, he doesn't deserve the fame/money? He deserves every bit of it and more. Don't tell me he is sacrificing anything for the country and stuff like that.
Are you dense? I commented on the quote that, if Sachin gets injured, we will have blood on our hands! He is not doing anybody any favors or sacrificing anything for the country or anything. He is a mere professional like any of us working , dedicatedly, and making tons of money. Do I ever say, he doesn't deserve the fame/money? He deserves every bit of it and more. Don't tell me he is sacrificing anything for the country and stuff like that.
If he is dedicated to the sport, it is because he is inspired by the returns he is getting from it... They pay me overtime, I will be all the more dedicated to the work I do. As simple as that.
Now, lets get this straight. This is what you had written originally
Total BS. What about the amount of money he has made, so much that his 'pushton bhi raaj karenge' even if they don't lift a finger! If he has given so much, he is getting back so much also. He is not playing for India free of cost?
1) Now, why would you expect ANYONE to play free of cost in the first place? Do you work for free? Then why this stupid clailm of 'Oh, Sachin gets paid, so he plays'? 2) YOU may think Sachin plays money and fame, but, I am sure many peoplel like ME dont agree with that. This is a man who has literally given up his life since he was 10 to the game of cricket. Besides, he's made 100s of crores already. Do you really think money matters to him anymore? I strongly object to the claim that Sachin 'Isnt doing any favors to anyone, He's just a professional making tons of money'. Thats just pure BS. You dont play a sport for 20 years, as this man has, with the standards of excellence he's been able to maintain, if you really dont love the game and want to do well for your team.
If he is dedicated to the sport, it is because he is inspired by the returns he is getting from it... They pay me overtime, I will be all the more dedicated to the work I do. As simple as that.
Thats because you may view your job as an tool to make money. Sachin doesnt see his cricket like that.
If he is dedicated to the sport' date= it is because he is inspired by the returns he is getting from it... They pay me overtime, I will be all the more dedicated to the work I do. As simple as that.
now thats BS..as MM pointed out he has already earned a lot and even u had pointed out that..and even if he decides to hang his boots now he wud be paid no matter wat..then y the heck shd he keep on playing when he knows that he wud get money even without holding the bat..and it just seems that u are dense my friend..u keep having the notion that he plays for money..now get over with that notion already..he is playing because he loves the game..he has achieved all the cricketing records he has surpassed all our expectations..he is revered by 95% of the Indian population but still he goes out there and plays..now thats where he is special..his life is committed to cricket and since he is so damn good at that and since his skills are enchanting to say the least to some ppl like us i had put that quote..so really wats ur problem :dontknow:
Sriram, Tell me in simple words, what has he sacrificed for the "country" so that we all feel indebted to him as a nation? It is one thing to appreciate the craft (which I am a big fan of). But don't put words on him beyond the sport.
Are you serious? This is a man who forgave his youth so that he can spend time practicing on the cricket fields, mastering his art. And Sachin's sacrifices arent purely coz of his patriotism. Its coz of his un-ending passion for the game, which is why today, we proudly celebrate a Genius like Sachin Tendulkar, in front of the whole world. We are a nation deprived of things to be proud of. Sachin is one of the few standout exceptions.
As a professional' date=' I want to write bug-free code, make my company get a better name.[b'] I also want to get paid. More I get paid, more I want to excel in my art. How is this any different from what Sachin is doing?
This is where the difference is. Why would a man, worth 100s of crores already, 'work to get paid'? You/me have a neccessity to to do well in our job, earn money so that we can put food in our family. Sachin doesnt. Yet, his standards havent fallen for 20 years.
This is where the difference is. Why would a man, worth 100s of crores already, 'work to get paid'? You/me have a neccessity to to do well in our job, earn money so that we can put food in our family. Sachin doesnt. Yet, his standards havent fallen for 20 years.
Lol!!!!!!!11 How about Shahrukh Khan then ? He is worth 1000 crore I think and he still works. FOR THE COUNTRY :hysterical::hysterical:?
Are you serious? This is a man who forgave his youth so that he can spend time practicing on the cricket fields, mastering his art. And Sachin's sacrifices arent purely coz of his patriotism. Its coz of his un-ending passion for the game, which is why today, we proudly celebrate a Genius like Sachin Tendulkar, in front of the whole world. We are a nation deprived of things to be proud of. Sachin is one of the few standout exceptions.
So, take the money out the equation (returns), he would still forgive his youth/spend time practicing on the cricket fields, mastering his art, etc.? I am more proud of athletes who made less money, but still tried to excel. It is one thing to believe he is good at his craft, and a totally different thing to believe that he is excelling unselfishly at his own expense. Practically, nobody in sport would forgive youth!
Sriram, Tell me in simple words, what has he sacrificed for the "country" so that we all feel indebted to him as a nation? It is one thing to appreciate the craft (which I am a big fan of). But don't put words on him beyond the sport.
he has been a role model in every true sense..he has inspired a lot of young ppl..he is the youth icon infact he is being adored by everyone in the country..he has sacrificed his privacy..well ok agreed its not a big thing..but just imagine wen ur every move is being scrutinized every word is being capable of twisted..how wud that be..listen v are not saying that wat he is doing on the cricket field is equivalent to our soldiers or something but v are just celebrating his genius..he plays with his heart he plays for India and he is bloody damn good at that and infact he is the best..so y shdnt v feel proud of him..maybe u can call us worshipers or watever but as far as i am concerned i feel happy and proud to so madly worship this guy..
Lol!!!!!!!11 How about Shahrukh Khan then ? He is worth 1000 crore I think and he still works. FOR THE COUNTRY :hysterical::hysterical:?
Err.. Before you all too ecstatic about your discovery, lemme point this out: Coffee said 'He works because his company pays him. The more they pay him, the more he is motivated to work. Sachin is also like that, he is motivated by the returns he gets from the game'. I dispute that saying 'Sachin plays for the love of the game'. Now, where does 'country' come in here?
So, take the money out the equation (returns), he would still forgive his youth/spend time practicing on the cricket fields, mastering his art, etc.? I am more proud of athletes who made less money, but still tried to excel. It is one thing to believe he is good at his craft, and a totally different thing to believe that he is excelling unselfishly at his own expense. Practically, nobody in sport would forgive youth!
Now, you are merely speculating. How would anyone of us know what could have happened, had there been not so much money in cricket? I dont think thats a sensible question to ask.
Err.. Before you all too ecstatic about your discovery, lemme point this out: Coffee said 'He works because his company pays him. The more they pay him, the more he is motivated to work. Sachin is also like that, he is motivated by the returns he gets from the game'. I dispute that saying 'Sachin plays for the love of the game'. Now, where does 'country' come in here?
Well, you said he wants to play well and do well for his team. The team is the Indian team, I think. Anyways, I agree he has to love the game to play it so well and for so long. But if I had to chose a role model, I will chose Rahul Dravid. Because Dravid was not a child prodigy, just like 99.99% of people on this earth. He was definitely exceptionally talented, but what made him a super success was his single minded determination and hard work. :D