Ok....calm down.....take a deep breath....you sure?

I agree and concede to that. He shouldnt have played in the first place. But' date=' now that he is there, surely he cant be dumped after ONE test match. Thats not the way you deal with a professional cricketer. At the least, he a deserves a chance to make amends.[/quote'] Sri, by then we would have lost the opportunity to win a test series in Lanka!

At what cost sriram?He is the wicketkeeper.....he will face each and every ball that our bowlers bowl. The bowlers are struggling and he doesn't give them any confidence behind the wickets.I would rather see him only as a batsman ...than as a wk, at least till he gets his act together. Hope he makes up in whatever chance he gets in this match..

At what cost sriram?He is the wicketkeeper.....he will face each and every ball that our bowlers bowl. The bowlers are struggling and he doesn't give them any confidence behind the wickets.I would rather see him only as a batsman ...than as a wk' date=' at least till he gets his act together. Hope he makes up in whatever chance he gets in this match..[/quote'] I didnt see the match, so I cannot comment on his performance, or the lack of it, in it. But my feeling is, it will be unprofessional to drop a player after one test match in his comeback. That will send a message that the team management isnt willing to back its horses in the long run and cause negative sentiments among all players. Its like 'You have one chance to come good. And if there is an adequate replacement for you and you fail, you are out, no questions asked'. That is unfair, IMO.
I agree and concede to that. He shouldnt have played in the first place. But' date=' now that he is there, surely he cant be dumped after ONE test match. Thats not the way you deal with a professional cricketer. At the least, he a deserves a chance to make amends.[/quote'] Arre yaar, we are playing the series to win not to give chances to someone hoping against hope he'll make amends. We made the same mistake with Yuvraj in Australia and lost Sydney in a hope against hope that he will score after failing in Melbourne.
Arre yaar' date=' we are playing the series to win not to give chances to someone hoping against hope he'll make amends. We made the same mistake with Yuvraj in Australia and lost Sydney in a hope against hope that he will score after failing in Melbourne.[/quote'] Frankly, I am a bit confused myself on this. Who knows, there is still one innings left, lets see what happens.
He deserves the sack for his moronic attempt at batting. Show him the door and get some sense in him.
Relatively speaking the other batsmen also played very loose shots as Kirsten said. Should we drop them too? Dropping a guy after one performance is ridiculous. Even more so considering he's not our first choice keeper so when Dhoni comes back after this series he'll automatically be dropped.

Parthiv would have never played that kind of shot to get out. It's not his low score that bothers me (nobody else scored big either) but the way that he got out. You would expect someone who has been around for so long to bat a little more responsibly. The session was coming to an end (only a few overs away) and all he needed to do was carry his bat through. Instead he tries to attack Muralitharan, reverse-sweeping him and then trying to slog sweep a perfectly pitched doosra like a moron. And if you are going to attack someone, why choose to go after the opposition's best bowler - a guy who has already taken 3 wickets ? Test batsmen need to value their wicket and should be able to play out a few overs without feeling tempted to slog - that's the LEAST you would expect from someone who has been chosen for this form of the game. Karthik has been a complete numbskull throughout this test match - both with the gloves AND the bat.

Parthiv would have never played that kind of shot to get out. It's not his low score that bothers me (nobody else scored big either) but the way that he got out. You would expect someone who has been around for so long to bat a little more responsibly. The session was coming to an end (only a few overs away) and all he needed to do was carry his bat through. Instead he tries to attack Muralitharan, reverse-sweeping him and then trying to slog sweep a perfectly pitched doosra like a moron. And if you are going to attack someone, why choose to go after the opposition's best bowler - a guy who has already taken 3 wickets ? Test batsmen need to value their wicket and should be able to play out a few overs without feeling tempted to slog - that's the LEAST you would expect from someone who has been chosen for this form of the game. Karthik has been a complete numbskull throughout this test match - both with the gloves AND the bat.
Oh please, Karthik only played 19 test matches before this one and it was his first against Murali and first against Sri Lanka. It's not the first or last time Murali makes someone look foolish. As if our number 6 batsman batting out a few more overs would have saved this test match when all before him crumbled as well. It was a stupid shot but there's a reason why he's batting at 7.
Oh please, Karthik only played 19 test matches before this one and it was his first against Murali and first against Sri Lanka. It's not the first or last time Murali makes someone look foolish. As if our number 6 batsman batting out a few more overs would have saved this test match when all before him crumbled as well. It was a stupid shot but there's a reason why he's batting at 7.
Karthik made his debut as far back as '05 and he has regularly been in the squad. Stop trying to make excuses - he played a stupid shot which wasn't needed at that time. Murali didn't even earn his wicket, he was gifted it.
I agree and concede to that. He shouldnt have played in the first place. But' date=' now that he is there, surely he cant be dumped after ONE test match. Thats not the way you deal with a professional cricketer. At the least, he a deserves a chance to make amends.[/quote'] We are not doing any charity here. He is a professional and needs to deliver. BCCI should send a strong message by dropping him. Deliver or Perish