Sachin's concentration remains amazing

Dude........your bar for success is REALLY LOW!!
Absolutely I am so amazed that a thread like this is being used to talk abt how great Sachin is one day after an abject failure by our batsmen We all know he is a great batsman but we failed completely in this match yet somebody reading the thread wud think Murali an dMendis got raped by Sachin :omg:
Do you guys know how to read? Salil says his concentration was good, that he looked good. Not that he was "successful" sheesh..
Do you guys know how to read? Salil says his concentration was good, that he looked good. Not that he was "successful" sheesh..
The thread remains meaningless you talk about concentration when a batsman played a really long innings that really tests his concentration This is becoming similar to Dada fans when he was in bad form who used to go wild that in the 15 secs that Dada batted before getting out he looked so supreme I know Salil is deliberately starting this thread for another purpose but the fact remains the test was all about SL's supremacy and the talk of SRT's concentration when he failed in both innings is simply ridiculous. It only makes us look like the hero-worshipping Pakistanis who still think Pakistan is the best team in the world and Shoaib is the best bowler in the world. We can surely be classier than that.
The thread remains meaningless you talk about concentration when a batsman played a really long innings that really tests his concentration This is becoming similar to Dada fans when he was in bad form who used to go wild that in the 15 secs that Dada batted before getting out he looked so supreme I know Salil is deliberately starting this thread for another purpose but the fact remains the test was all about SL's supremacy and the talk of SRT's concentration when he failed in both innings is simply ridiculous. It only makes us look like the hero-worshipping Pakistanis who still think Pakistan is the best team in the world and Shoaib is the best bowler in the world. We can surely be classier than that.
I agree with you. We all know why this thread was started. What Salil was trying to say here was, Sachin looked good. We can generally make out when he's playing well, and when he's struggling. So "his concentration was good" translates to "he looked good" while he was there. And you have to admit, he was unlucky to get out, atleast on the second dismissal, if not the first.
Suraj' date=' you know fineleg from some other site?[/quote'] Yes Rajeev I do He/she was a drama queen/ nervous whiner there too:--D:--D But a lot of other posters here are overdramatic too; some just blind worshippers others blind haters

willow, Manali? Hell, no!!! Suraj, good analogy :thumbs_up:

This is becoming similar to Dada fans when he was in bad form who used to go wild that in the 15 secs that Dada batted before getting out he looked so supreme
However, SRT of today is far far better still than Dada of you know when. I say this, despite danra thinking I'll never say good things abt SRT :D

When did I talk about success? Concentration, looking good and actually making runs are different things altogether. If some of you actually watch some cricket with both eyes open instead of closing one eye and waiting to find something to whine and sob about, you might actually understand a point like this. I've seen innings when batsmen played and missed some twenty odd times in their first 60 balls, got a nick or two that evaded fielders and then went on to score big. Ian Botham's 149 not out at Leeds in 81 was one of those - filled with miscues, plays and misses and top edges, but everything just came off. Pietersen's maiden hundred at the Oval was another - an uncomfortable start, edges and dropped catches and a couple of mishits, before things started to work. There have been other innings - Ponting's first innings fifty at Edgbaston in 2005 stands out - that were close to flawless in their execution, with impeccable timing and stroke selection until one fatal error - just one error, that instead of being a play and miss or an edge evading a fielder, happened to lead to his dismissal. Sh-t happens. But it's good to be able to appreciate good batsmanship rather than simply moaning like a whiney b-tch about 'SRT failing again - thiz guy izn't god! sob sob'