Sachin's concentration remains amazing

Following on from holysmoke's earlier thread - was fascinating to watch his second battle with Mendis today. Looked like a man determined to bat big and bat long - shame a faint nick prevented it from happening. His sheer concentration and focus though was what really stood out for me. Even against Kulasekara's medium paced trundlers, you could see how carefully he'd watch the balls even when wide - he seemed to be playing almost every ball right under his eyes, reaching forward fully, getting to the pitch and countering any possible spin while playing a couple of superb drives that may have been minimalist in nature, and still showed his undeniable class. He, Gambhir, VVS and bloody legend (TM ticz) were the only ones who handled Mendis and Murali with any sense of surety. Hopefully he'll keep this up, and not be denied by a faint nick next time.

WHAT??? we got raped and u r saying etc etc were the only ones who handled Mendis and Murali with any sense of surety :confused: they still got out to em...we got followed on... and lost by an innings defeat... also sachin awesome concentration? and he only made 10? 39 in whole test? i dont know if i should be scared shitless for the next test or not :rolleyes:

if u had seen sachin batting , u wud have seen how focussed n comfortable he was against these two spinners... those who jus see only the scorecard will always speak thru their rear end.. its a shame that he cudnt capitalize on the starts.. but im sure he ll comeback strongly in the remaining two tests.. Go Sachin:two_thumbs_up:

if u had seen sachin batting , u wud have seen how focussed n comfortable he was against these two spinners... those who jus see only the scorecard will always speak thru their rear end.. its a shame that he cudnt capitalize on the starts.. but im sure he ll comeback strongly in the remaining two tests.. Go Sachin:two_thumbs_up:
Absolutely right....he was a man on a mission but it was cut short...if he shows the same composure and with a bit of luck,its quite sure that 40th hundred would happen in the next test itself. Sach.. you are the God of cricket :hatsoff:

I think Sachin had no luck whatsoever. The first inning the ball wasn't going to crash on to the stumps if it didn't hit the bat first and in the second inning the ball after it had hit the pads on its way behind the stumps flicked the thumb a little. That is what you term as luck not favouring. Sachin Tendulkar looked very focussed and a big one is just around the corner. Hopefully the next test will be his.

Following on from holysmoke's earlier thread - was fascinating to watch his second battle with Mendis today. Looked like a man determined to bat big and bat long - shame a faint nick prevented it from happening. His sheer concentration and focus though was what really stood out for me. Even against Kulasekara's medium paced trundlers, you could see how carefully he'd watch the balls even when wide - he seemed to be playing almost every ball right under his eyes, reaching forward fully, getting to the pitch and countering any possible spin while playing a couple of superb drives that may have been minimalist in nature, and still showed his undeniable class. He, Gambhir, VVS and bloody legend (TM ticz) were the only ones who handled Mendis and Murali with any sense of surety. Hopefully he'll keep this up, and not be denied by a faint nick next time.
Dude........your bar for success is REALLY LOW!!
Dude........your bar for success is REALLY LOW!!
Absolutely I am so amazed that a thread like this is being used to talk abt how great Sachin is one day after an abject failure by our batsmen We all know he is a great batsman but we failed completely in this match yet somebody reading the thread wud think Murali an dMendis got raped by Sachin :omg: