Another turner awaits India at Galle: Curator

Feed

Indian batsmen should prepare themselves for yet another vicious turner, says Galle curator Jayantha Waranaveera. More... Another turner awaits India at Galle: Curator Monday, 28 July , 2008, 20:50 Last Updated: Monday, 28 July , 2008, 21:40 Galle: Indian batsmen should prepare themselves for yet another vicious turner, says Galle curator Jayantha Waranaveera, who has promised to give the Lankan spin duo of Muttiah Muralitharan and Ajantha Mendis the home advantage they need to wreck the visiting line-up in the second Test. The hosts lead the three-match Test series 1-0 after Muralitharan and Mendis combined to destroy the Indian batting line-up in the first Test in Colombo. The second Test begins from Thursday. Waranaveera says he wants Mahela Jayawardane's men to continue their domination and would do his bit to ensure it stays that way. "This will be a spinners' wicket because Lankans have got good spinners. Why should we not prepare the pitch for spinners when we have bowlers like Muralitharan and Mendis in our squad?" Waranaveera asked. However, the curator insists that the track will assist the fast bowlers initially if they bowl with discipline. "It will assist seamers initially. From the third day, it will start spinning. If Sri Lanka bat first, then India could face defeat," he predicted. The Galle stadium was ravaged by the 2004 Tsunami and Waraneveera said meticulous work has gone into rebuilding the stadium and relaying the track. "There was saline water on the ground because of Tsunami cyclone that had soiled the ground. The ground had to be redone. We had to change the soil and raise the height of the ground by one feet," he explained.

oh' date=' so its boring coz it was india's 3rd highest defeat? the 1st test cud only be classified as boring for INDIAN fans...[/quote'] yeh well they done it once, so they make another similar pitch to destroy India again, I think even sri lankans would find it boring
Guest Hiten.

LMAO. Indians are cornered by every other tom, dick and harry (ranatunga and now this curator ?) ..... I likes.... we will win this test match, bump this post of mine when we do :winky:

LMAO. Indians are cornered by every other tom' date=' dick and harry (ranatunga and now this curator ?) ..... I likes.... we will win this test match, bump this post of mine when we don :winky:[/quote'] :D we winning this :yay: Ishant Special coming up :D
Jiffy.......that is a BIG "if". The real question is how can the Indian batsmen overcome their "bunny-like" attitude against the Lankans.
Team with bunny like attitude last test win came at perth, when was the last time any team managed a draw at perth ; 'bunny like' attitude team almost destroyed a debutant's career . Medis is next.