The similarities between Kirsten and Gambhir

I loved the way Kirsten used to walk down the pitch and play his shot. That always confused the bowler, negated swing and forced the bowler to vary his length consistently. Its not easy to keep balance while walking down like that. GG did that but never as frequently as he is doing now. On one occasion it even forced the keeper to stand upt the stumps even against Vaas. I am sure that he is developing better under Kirsten as coach as their batting styles are similar. Its not just the walk down, there are several other things in his batting that reminds one of Gary. Though I think GG has a better technique.

He is neither good batman of facing fast bowlers too. The last time Kristen played, when SA toured in Pakistan. Kristen struggled against Shabbhir and Akhtar especially shivered the fear after getting knocked head off by Akhtar. Ever since, he was showing way defensive and showing the sign of fear. He was relived when Akhtar took off on a field, and continued to struggle against Shabbir.

He is neither good batman of facing fast bowlers too. The last time Kristen played' date=' when SA toured in Pakistan. Kristen struggled against Shabbhir and Akhtar especially shivered the fear after getting knocked head off by Akhtar. Ever since, he was showing way defensive and showing the sign of fear. He was relived when Akhtar took off on a field, and continued to struggle against Shabbir.[/quote'] one bad series doesn't really show or states if a batsman is poor against pace or not. by the time that series started in pakistan, kirsten was on his last legs, by that time he had dominated lot of other bowlers.
He is neither good batman of facing fast bowlers too. The last time Kristen played' date=' when SA toured in Pakistan. Kristen struggled against Shabbhir and Akhtar especially shivered the fear after getting knocked head off by Akhtar. Ever since, he was showing way defensive and showing the sign of fear. He was relived when Akhtar took off on a field, and continued to struggle against Shabbir.[/quote'] sadly both are terrible chuckers :hysterical:
one bad series doesn't really show or states if a batsman is poor against pace or not. by the time that series started in pakistan, kirsten was on his last legs, by that time he had dominated lot of other bowlers.
He always struggled against Pakistan even in the past especially against Wasim and Waqar. Never was a good batman i though
He always struggled against Pakistan even in the past especially against Wasim and Waqar. Never was a good batman i though
If he didnt score a lot againt a particular team, that does not make him a bad batsman. Can we say that Inzamam never was a good batsman looking at his record against Australia?
Same can be said about Harbajjan Singh why Kristen continued to struggle against spin. Stop this kind of silly comment that forces me to reply regarding to this ~
No, its not the same. One of the guys he is talking about was eventually banned because of chucking.
FYI Gary Kirsten averages 55.86 against Pakistan. Above his career average of 45.27. So your assumption is bullshit. And his average in Pakistan is an astounding 88.16. What the hell were you talking about?

When Wasim and Waqar played, Kristen struggled a lot. I have watched the video. When Pakistan toured in 2002, back then we didn't have Akhtar and Wasim. That's how he gained average. He also struggled against West Indies with likes of Ambrose and Walsh and also against Australia. Only Kallis who consistent performed well against Pakistan, WI and Australia. Why not take a look at Cricinfo. Inzimam never was good against Australia, but he was best against West Indies with likes of Amrbose and Walsh. Only one team he struggled in his whole life, but Kristen has struggled most of times whenever Pakistan played Wasim and Waqar. Never was impressed with him.

A poor player of spin cant make back to back 100s against Ind' date=' in India, which I [i']think Kirsten did, in that series in which Azhar clouted Klusener all over the park at Eden Gardens.
The Calcutta pitch where he got both hundreds was a seamer's paradise. It was as green as I have seen anyt track in India.