Dravid : Three more innings?

Rahul hasn't lasted long enough to prove he's in good touch Chandan. Dare may I say' date=' he's never been this bad as he has been over the last year or so. He's running out of time and couple more failures in this series it's definitely curtains for him.[/quote'] I know that he is running out of time. But he hasn't looked bad on this tour. He hasn't lasted long enough is also true but it was quite unfortunate that every time that he came to bat, he ran into Mendis who is certainly troubling him and Rahul is not reading him at all, yet. But I don't think Rahul will let this trouble last long enough!
@ chandan...what are the chances of him surviving against a bowler who has taken him on all three occassions? how composed he can be at the crease while playing a bowler who's unconventional to say the least.
Do you think he'll let a bowler overshadow him throughout the series? He is a master batsman. Let us have faith in him. He'll work a way out, definitely.

At 35, I dont see Dravid working his way back into the old run-making habits. He is stil as fit, still trains as hard, still has the motivation to do well for the country, but obviously, the progression of age has taken a toll on him. Its not that he is concentrating any less harder, its just that, right now his best isnt upto speed at the international level. Or atleast that is what we would be tempted to believe, watching him play. Before, failure used to rare, hidden among a string of good innings. Now, tis just the opposite. The odd good innings is sprinkled every now and then, among a series of low scores. REALLY, the time of reckoning for RD has has come.

Rahul hasn't lasted long enough to prove he's in good touch Chandan. Dare may I say' date=' he's never been this bad as he has been over the last year or so. He's running out of time and couple more failures in this series it's definitely curtains for him.[/quote'] In these days of favourite relgion and region being given top priority,its truly amazing to see a Bangalorean assessing a fellow Bangalorean perfectly with out any bias.
In these days of favourite relgion and region being given top priority' date='its truly amazing to see a Bangalorean assessing a fellow Bangalorean perfectly with out any bias.[/quote'] Oh well... he plays for India doesn't he? Doesn't matter where he's from, he plays for India and if he isn't able to do justice to his selection then his roots are not that important. I want him to come good but just hoping won't make it happen. I've been hoping every time he goes out to bat. I know how it is to go out there and not score much consistently. It's just unbearable and can contribute heavily to loss of confidence. He's a fighter and can make a come back still but he's got no extra time. He needs to do it now.
Chandan' date=' Mahela is as shrewd a captain as you'll get and m quite sure that he won't allow Rahul to settle down against other bowlers...Mendis will be on the moment Rahul's at the crease next time.[/quote'] Let us wait and watch Danram. I'm confident that Dravid will certainly find a way out.

He'll hold on for a few more ads and a few crores, and then will be kicked out of the side ignomiously for a man who has achieved an enormous amount for his country. The apologists will rush in and point to past deeds, the odd 90 or a 100 in a sea of failures, and recommend status quo. Typical Indian fear and distrust of change. Rahul Dravid is deader than a dodo as a Test batsman, much as it pains me to say. There'll always be somebody in the opposition who'll have his number.

He'll hold on for a few more ads and a few crores, and then will be kicked out of the side ignomiously for a man who has achieved an enormous amount for his country. The apologists will rush in and point to past deeds, the odd 90 or a 100 in a sea of failures, and recommend status quo. Typical Indian fear and distrust of change. Rahul Dravid is deader than a dodo as a Test batsman, much as it pains me to say. There'll always be somebody in the opposition who'll have his number.
Doc, isn't that a bit cruel assessment?
Doc' date=' isn't that a bit cruel assessment?[/quote'] Nope, don't think so. Unless India drop Dravid, Kumble, Harbhajan and Kartick for the rest of the year, they are dead meat. Father Time's caught up with the first two, while the surd is the most overrated bowler in the world. Kartick is a poor keeper, as Shwetabh & I pointed out welll before the series. I have been saying for a while that Dravid's done & dusted, so this is not being reactive.

Purely on the basis of merit, Dravid doesnt deserve a spot in the team if he doesnt come up with something substantial in the second innings. Number 3 spot is too crucial for a struggling player showing no signs of improvement to have. Had Laxman come in at 3, we could have probably avoided that spineless middle order collapse. Asuras were on the mat when Gambhir got out and it would have been great to rub it in. Daaaaamn!!! :nervous:

Dravids time is nearing..i guess v need to promote VVS to the number 3 position..RD mite still play the odd innings where his touch of class is evident in this series but its hard not to see the fact that he is really struggling..i sure hope and pray that this is not the last series for one of the greatest cricketers India has produced..we still need him and there is no replacement at all but as the others have mentioned all gud things have to come to an end and seeing Rahul struggling is really painful..hope he goes off in a blaze of glory..comeon RD do it one more time :(( :pray:

Purely on the basis of merit' date=' Dravid doesnt deserve a spot in the team if he doesnt come up with something substantial in the second innings. Number 3 spot is too crucial for a struggling player showing no signs of improvement to have. Had Laxman come in at 3, we could have probably avoided that spineless middle order collapse. Asuras were on the mat when Gambhir got out and it would have been great to rub it in. Daaaaamn!!! :nervous:[/quote'] Thats another point for a debate...why not push Rahul down to no.5 or 6 so that VVS whose looking far more composed can play a pivotal role in binding the middle order?
Thats another point for a debate...why not push Rahul down to no.5 or 6 so that VVS whose looking far more composed can play a pivotal role in binding the middle order?
I would have thought the team management would have realised this by now. Why they sent a struggling Dravid at 3 instead of an inform VVS and capitalizing on the situation is totally beyond me!!

This is sad. What has happened to Dravid? I hope Chandan is right, and he can come through, but I am feeling really down, and dont know if he has that last ounce of energy source in him to summon it and come through. Oh God, he was India's hope and primary hope in Test series. Fast vanishing. I can only pray that he can do the comeback, but dont know, really dont know. This is a very very poor 3 inn from Dravid. I was expecting he can read the spinners. Very disappointed.

Write Dravid of at your Peril. People did the same to Jasuriya and he is still flying. Father time may have caught up with him but to early to say. He like Kumble and Ganguly who are also under pressure with father time issues, they deserve 1 more series. Although maybe the axe should fall after this series if they continue to flop. Tough call. Ganguly should be axed first!

Write Dravid of at your Peril. People did the same to Jasuriya and he is still flying. Father time may have caught up with him but to early to say. He like Kumble and Ganguly who are also under pressure with father time issues, they deserve 1 more series. Although maybe the axe should fall after this series if they continue to flop. Tough call. Ganguly should be axed first!
Why? He's been relatively more successful compared to Dravid. Remember that super knock on a minefield against SAffies (with Steyn, Ntini, Morkel) at home that let India level the series? He contributed consistently in Aus as well. He hasnt been performing lately but I think is still doing better than Dravid. Cant think of anything as far as Dravid is concerned, except the 90 in Perth (the srcatchy 100 at chennai on flat track not withstanding).