Dravid : Three more innings?

In all probability it seems Rahul Draid won't get no more than three innings against SL to hold on to his test place....reality is that there's no ideal replacement as of now.Still one who's so low on confidence is not the right no.3 against the world champions. Selectors are prepared to take bold decisions and if Dravid fails to deliver the goods in the remaining innings' this tour of SL might be his last international cricket series.

I don't want to see Rahul and Ganguly go but they are fast going out of reckoning. I don't think they have much time left unless they can come up with a big one in the next 3 innings. All good things must come to end and this series may well end a great era for India. I think even Anil Kumble may go along with these two. That will be quite some blow for the Indian team. Sachin and Laxman will go on for a while though. Thank god for that.

I don't want to see Rahul and Ganguly go but they are fast going out of reckoning. I don't think they have much time left unless they can come up with a big one in the next 3 innings. All good things must come to end and this series may well end a great era for India. I think even Anil Kumble may go along with these two. That will be quite some blow for the Indian team. Sachin and Laxman will go on for a while though. Thank god for that.
Could not agree with you more....as much as I would like Rahul to prove us wrong,its almost certain that he's proving more of a burden than anything else.
Rahul WILL score big and in this very match. A freak bowler has claimed his wicket in all the three innings but a master won't be deceived again by him. Watch Dravid prove all his doubters wrong again! Just watch!
I hope it comes true. Been a long time he hasn't played like himself.
Rahul WILL score big and in this very match. A freak bowler has claimed his wicket in all the three innings but a master won't be deceived again by him. Watch Dravid prove all his doubters wrong again! Just watch!
Hope Rahul is as confident as you.

When was the last time Rahul played a memorable knock? I can't even remember to be honest. I think the 2 top class 50s he scored on a minefiled in West Indies to seal the series in favour of India in West Indies is the last one I can remember. It's been a while that knock almost 2 years. I wish he comes good but I know for sure he will hang in the boots the minute he realises he's not doing much justice to his spot in the team. He's that kind of a cricketer.

I hope it comes true. Been a long time he hasn't played like himself.
And at the same time I hop Sehwag and Laxman play and score big enough so that we dont have to bat again.
When was the last time Rahul played a memorable knock? I can't even remember to be honest. I think the 2 top class 50s he scored on a minefiled in West Indies to seal the series in favour of India in West Indies is the last one I can remember. It's been a while that knock almost 2 years. I wish he comes good but I know for sure he will hang in the boots the minute he realises he's not doing much justice to his spot in the team. He's that kind of a cricketer.
knock might not be a very stylish or elegent as it is always from dravid, but he did play a memorable knock in aussie tour in our only test victory there in latest tour. memorable in this sense, he was the highest contributor among runs in that perth test. hit 92.
Hope Rahul is as confident as you.
See, I based my judgement on few observations. Is Rahul not timing the ball well? No. Is Rahul having trouble with his foot movement and is tentative? No. Is Rahul having problem with other bowlers too? Not as yet! So, only one bowler is there who Rahul is unable to read at the moment and unfortunately on the three occasions that he got beaten by him, he lost his wicket! How long will one bowler keep a batsman from scoring? Dravid is not having trouble against any other bowler, seems quite assured at the crease against them but is a little uncertain against Mendis. I think he'll sort this out quickly. It is not as if he has lost his ability or form. In fact he is looking much better here while he is at the crease than what he was in Australia. We'll be a fool to drop him.
knock might not be a very stylish or elegent as it is always from dravid, but he did play a memorable knock in aussie tour in our only test victory there in latest tour. memorable in this sense, he was the highest contributor among runs in that perth test. hit 92.
Sorry I forgot that knock in a jiff, it truly was a gutsy knock. India won that test on the back of that knock. Still he's struggled over the last two years in test cricket. I hope he scores another couple of thousand runs and retires but my hopes are just hopes at the moment to be honest. I don't know if I'll get to watch him bat at the start of next year in NZ. :nervous:
Sorry I forgot that knock in a jiff' date=' it truly was a gutsy knock. India won that test on the back of that knock. Still he's struggled over the last two years in test cricket. I hope he scores another couple of thousand runs and retires but my hopes are just hopes at the moment to be honest. I don't know if I'll get to watch him bat at the start of next year in NZ. :nervous:[/quote'] i know ravi you are as passionate as me about Indian Cricket and Dravid. i really really badly want this champ to be back in his run machine style
See, I based my judgement on few observations. Is Rahul not timing the ball well? No. Is Rahul having trouble with his foot movement and is tentative? No. Is Rahul having problem with other bowlers too? Not as yet! So, only one bowler is there who Rahul is unable to read at the moment and unfortunately on the three occasions that he got beaten by him, he lost his wicket! How long will one bowler keep a batsman from scoring? Dravid is not having trouble against any other bowler, seems quite assured at the crease against them but is a little uncertain against Mendis. I think he'll sort this out quickly. It is not as if he has lost his ability or form. In fact he is looking much better here while he is at the crease than what he was in Australia. We'll be a fool to drop him.
Rahul hasn't lasted long enough to prove he's in good touch Chandan. Dare may I say, he's never been this bad as he has been over the last year or so. He's running out of time and couple more failures in this series it's definitely curtains for him.