Damn Dravid wasn't out

MB' date=' did you read how he got out and why its technically not out. If you do, you will realize that there was a very good possibility that he did not realize that there was scope for a review.[/quote'] Technically, i didn't watch it. If you saying Rahul out was not out, then he wasn't sure and neither was on appealing of review system. That's not looking good ! Can anyone post the clip of Rahul wicket? :hatsoff:
That should be done. The batsman should walk out slow enough for his colleagues to watch the replay and indicate of a review appeal is worth it.
This, of course, raises a myriad of questions. At what point is it understood that the batsman has "accepted" the decision and is walking away for good? Can he turn back and call for a review after he has started walking? If so, how far can he go before he decides to ask for a review? Can he stand his ground, wait for a signal from the pavilion and then start walking? If he does that, will he be pulled up for dissent?

May be he didn't want to look stupid againjust like in T1. He stood ground and he was given out in T1I2. He and SRT looked foolish for not walking to those dismissals. Now, he walked when he should have stood ground. SL just benefitted from basic human psyche. May be if Dravid was shameless like the present generation, he would have still referred it to the third ump and he could have been not out. Stupid git, again!

This' date=' of course, raises a myriad of questions. At what point is it understood that the batsman has "accepted" the decision and is walking away for good? Can he turn back and call for a review after he has started walking? If so, how far can he go before he decides to ask for a review? Can he stand his ground, wait for a signal from the pavilion and then start walking? If he does that, will he be pulled up for dissent?[/quote'] I think the rules are already clear on that. I remember reading that a batsman can comeback before he has crossed the boundary line. You will remember that Akmal recently claimed a catch that was actually dropped and Sehwag actually came back after walking a good distance. We have examples of opposition captains calling batsmen back after umpires have given them out. As far as I remember, a batsman can not come back after he has crossed the boundary line.
I think the rules are already clear on that. I remember reading that a batsman can comeback before he has crossed the boundary line. You will remember that Akmal recently claimed a catch that was actually dropped and Sehwag actually came back after walking a good distance. We have examples of opposition captains calling batsmen back after umpires have given them out. As far as I remember' date=' a batsman can not come back after he has crossed the boundary line.[/quote'] Thanks. That makes sense, and should be exploited. Designate a guy on the team as the "replay dude" (in the case of BCCI, they could send an old dude as a "replay manager"); have him signal non-verbally to the batsman as he is getting closer to the pavilion. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

It happened in such quick time Dravid didn't notice. I can't blame the fielder either, he can't be thinking where the ball hit when he's trying to take a stunner. The questions that begs to be asked is "What the heck was the sq leg umpire doing?" He should have had a clear view considering the catch was taken at forward short leg. These umpires are so incompetent, I just can't believe that.

I think the rules are already clear on that. I remember reading that a batsman can comeback before he has crossed the boundary line. You will remember that Akmal recently claimed a catch that was actually dropped and Sehwag actually came back after walking a good distance. We have examples of opposition captains calling batsmen back after umpires have given them out. As far as I remember' date=' a batsman can not come back after he has crossed the boundary line.[/quote'] Section 2.2 & 2.4 of the referrals :
2.2. The total time elapsed between the ball becoming dead and the review request being made should be no more than a few seconds. If the umpires believe that a request has not been made sufficiently promptly, they may at their discretion decline to review the decision.
2.4. If the umpires believe that the captain or batsman has received direct or indirect input emanating other than from the players on the field, then they may at their discretion decline the request for a review. In particular, signals from the dressing room should not be given.