Damn Dravid wasn't out

another bad decision to him. it's often happening to him. specially in last 2 years he has been nailed by poor decisions often. Sehwag rightly said "if lankan players knew that and then also they appealed, then it's pretty unsporting of them" sucks man. may be Dravid didn't notice, otherwise he would have given the T-signal

some explanation guys-DR.cricket might be able to shed some light' date='what happened exactly?[/quote'] when the fielder was about to take the catch, the ball hit the fielders helmet and then later it was caught. as per rules, if ball hits helmet, it's considered as a bounce which means it's a not out
when the fielder was about to take the catch, the ball hit the fielders helmet and then later it was caught. as per rules, if ball hits helmet, it's considered as a bounce which means it's a not out
Okay, I didnt know that rule. But if that was the case and Viru spotted it, why didnt he ask Dravid to appeal for a review?
when the fielder was about to take the catch, the ball hit the fielders helmet and then later it was caught. as per rules, if ball hits helmet, it's considered as a bounce which means it's a not out
hmm-i think dravid didnt see it or he wouldnt have walked.I hope the fielder whose helmet it didnt notice it either(hard to believe).
Why did Rahul walk for ? He could have appealed as well. Don't blame Sri Lanka. They will use every opportunities to appeal which is not surprising. Is batman not allowed to appeal as well?
they are. Dilshan successfully appealed during the 1st test. I guess Dravid either didnt knw abt the rule or just didnt see it.
Why did Rahul walk for ? He could have appealed as well. Don't blame Sri Lanka. They will use every opportunities to appeal which is not surprising. Is batman not allowed to appeal as well?
Maybe he didn't see it ricocheting off the helmet as well. I wonder if someone in the pavilion could've indicated that to him as he was walking away that the replays were showing helmet contact , and he could have appealed before he left the confines of the ground. Teams need to plan for such contingencies ... look for a signal from the pavilion (to appeal or not) even after you start walking.
Maybe he didn't see it ricocheting off the helmet as well. I wonder if someone in the pavilion could've indicated that to him as he was walking away that the replays were showing helmet contact ' date=' and he could have appealed before he left the confines of the ground. Teams need to plan for such contingencies ... look for a signal from the pavilion (to appeal or not) even after you start walking.[/quote'] That should be done. The batsman should walk out slow enough for his colleagues to watch the replay and indicate of a review appeal is worth it.

I think Rahul better becareful. If he feels, the decision was harsh, then try Technology review system. He better step up and do it. Cost of one batman can cause the result of Test . Beside, only batmen can tell if it's out or not. I still don't understand why he didn't go for review system. I am sure Anil wouldn't mind wasting one appeal.

I think Rahul better becareful. If he feels, the decision was harsh, then try Technology review system. He better step up and do it. Cost of one batman can cause the result of Test . Beside, only batmen can tell if it's out or not. I still don't understand why he didn't go for review system. I am sure Anil wouldn't mind wasting one appeal.
MB, did you read how he got out and why its technically not out. If you do, you will realize that there was a very good possibility that he did not realize that there was scope for a review.