199, single is on, doesn't take cauz the guy is a team man

The manner in which the Sri Lankans treated him speaks volumes of how good this innings really was. They targeted the batsman at the other end instead, spreading out the field completely whenever he was on strike. They simply gave up on trying to dismiss him and tempted him to take singles. He read Mendis like an open book - always in complete control. What a privilege it was to watch this innings

If this doesn't lift his braindead teammates' date=' nothing will.[/quote']
BTW it's rarity to hear Sri Lankan crowd cheer an Indian and they just did that for Sehwag. Ultimate respect that.
Absoultely to both opinions above. Not taking single on 199 - Top class! I want to see more such selfless acts from our guys. Moments like this means more to me than him scoring 300. Putting team above himself is priceless - EVERY PLAYER (in India) must emulate this "team above individual" all times.

Joins Lara & Fleming in having scored a double ton against Murali in SL. Here's what he did to the SL bowlers: Vaas- 51 off 51, SR 100 Kulasekara- 22 off 22, SR 100 Mendis 70 off 77, Sr 90.90 Murali 58 off 81, SR 71.6. Innings SR 87. Four sixes, three of Mendis, one off Vaas. Seven boundaries off Vaas, five each off the other three.

Guest Hiten.

This guy is a maniac. Breathtaking innings from him. This innings was reminiscent of Adelaide one, because in that test too we collapsed pretty badly. I hope the result is not reminiscent

TOTAL LEGEND COMPLETE INDIAN I wanted to make this post as soon as I realized he didn't take that single. I mean, WOW!!! I was already celebrating his double-hundred and he is calmly refusing the single, when there is only one wicket left with Murali and Mendis bowling!!! This deserves an article all by itself. :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

TOTAL LEGEND COMPLETE INDIAN I wanted to make this post as soon as I realized he didn't take that single. I mean, WOW!!! I was already celebrating his double-hundred and he is calmly refusing the single, when there is only one wicket left with Murali and Mendis bowling!!! This deserves an article all by itself. :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:
I actually jumped in my seat as that ball was rolling down. And then I was surprised why he was not running since the shot was clearly not going to for a 4. Then I realized it. I had not thought in the wildest of my dreams that he would refuse that run for the greater team interest.

he needs to teach this act of sheltering the lower order blokes to VVS Laxman. i love laxman to death, but the moron at times exposes the tail. i recall the third bangalore test which we lost rather dishearteningly inspite of veeru's exploits; there vvs exposed the tail periodically and had it not been for a rear guard partnership between him and kumble, we would have ended up quite a bit short and would have had to play out more overs in the fourth innings.

The fickle sports fan - example # 455657908324329843 Our elders are visiting from India. Some days ago, when he was stumped off Mendis, it was: Sehwag bawlat (= fool) ahe (= is) -- one-day saarkha (= like) batting karto (=does) ahe. He has to see situation and play. Today: Arre ... that Sehwag is brilliant, yaar. He does not care for bowler or situation. Mast confidence ahe. :roll::roll: