176, 5 to go

umpire

no way 6 catches in 2 innings..will he get another series? will it be one of those cases of how azher got stuck on 99? god, i hope he makes a 100 in 3rd one
Even if Dravid scores 0 in both the innings of 3rd test, do you seriously believe Indian selectors have the red cherry to drop him against Aus ?
Even if Dravid scores 0 in both the innings of 3rd test' date=' do you seriously believe Indian selectors have the red cherry to drop him against Aus ?[/quote'] they did it to him after few matches in odis once he quit the captainship...they can do it from tests too

Laxman becomes fourth Indian to claim 100 catches Before the start of the ongoing Test series against Sri Lanka, senior pro VVS Laxman was inching close to two milestones. More... Laxman becomes fourth Indian to claim 100 catches Arjun SinghSunday, August 03, 2008 10:00:15 PM Galle: Before the start of the ongoing Test series against Sri Lanka, senior pro VVS Laxman was inching close to two milestones. With one Test to go, Laxman has already gone past one of them. He is now the fourth Indian to claim over 100 catches in Test cricket. With his stupendous efforts in the second slip, Laxman has emerged as one of the safest hands in Indian cricket. The result is he is now sitting pretty at No 4 in the all-time list of Indian fielders with most catches. The list thus far reads: Rahul Dravid: 176 Mohd Azharuddin: 105 Sunil Gavaskar: 108 VVS Laxman: 102 A fifth, Sachin Tendulkar will soon this elite list. Tendulkar is currently closing in on the 100th catch with 98 already in his kitty. But the spolight is on Laxman. In his own unassuming style, Laxman greeted the good wishes for his achievement. "Its a real milestone. And I cherish it,'' said Laxman in his initial reaction. In some sense for Laxman the 100-Test catch club is more special than anything else. "It is more satisfying than a hundred. You can score a hundred in a Test match. But hundred catches comes after a long time. It shows the longevity of a cricketer. It really is a rare feat. Its a great feeling because such great cricketers are part of the list,'' Laxman summed up his feelings for cricketnirvana.com It is only in the era post-Azhar, that Laxman became a regular fielder in the slips. But before that Laxman was a regular in the short-leg position. laxman-200x150-030808.jpg © AFP "Its a great feeling because such great cricketers are part of the list" It is no wonder then that one of the two best catches in Laxman's book is the catch of Wasim Akram off Anil Kumble's All-Ten Test at Kotla in 1998-99. "I remember that catch like the back of my mind. Wasim lunged and the ball popped up, I just reacted quickly and the rest is history. The catch was all the more special because Wasim was the last man out. That was Anil's 10th wicket in that innings. Anil was in history books and so was I,'' recalled Laxman. The second best catch for Laxman was five years later at Chennai (2004-05) against Australia. This time Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist's all-conquering Australian side were in India to avenge the loss in 2000-01. Australia had won the first Test at Bangalore and were leading the series 1-0. In the Chennai game, Justin Langer-Matthew Hayden were going great guns for Australia in the first innings. India were really starring down the barrel, but Laxman rose to the occassion by snapping up Hayden in the first innings. "It was a sharp catch and really had to stick. I was glad that the catch gave us the momentum. Unfortunately rains did not give us a chance to push for a win,'' said Laxman. India's top-scorer in the first Test of this series, Laxman feels that a big innings with the bat is around the corner. "Maybe the third Test is the time for me to come good,'' hoped Laxman. India won the Test and celebrated for a bit in the dressing room. But at the end of it all, Laxman's life off-the-field revolves around his son Sarbajeet. The father and son duo could be seen playing right outside their hotel room. Even as he dotted on his toddler son, Laxman's eyes showed that his sights are set on his next achievement: the 100-Test club. If he remains injury-free, he is sure to enter that club at Nagpur during the fourth Test against Australia in November.No message is selected