Dhoni to receive Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna

Feed

He richly deserves it. He is Indian cricket's MVP in the last 15 months.
I am shocked about this. From a respected poster to post this is unbelievable. Another who clearly values limited overs more then Tests. Our biggest challenghe was touring oz. He was cr#p in all forms of the game on that tour. Not sure he even got a 50, yet he is MVP? Do me a favour. Clearly all the PR, hype and flashy smiles are duping many! Show pony Dhoni MVP:hysterical:1 test hundred in his whole carrer and he is getting awards, dont know wether to laugh or cry!
Bhajji also deserves Nobel peace prize since he hasnt slapped anybody in the last couple of months. I mean what the hell .. why not Kapil dev .. why not Kumble why not Rahul Dravid ?
For the year 2007. What has Kapil Dev done in 2007 to recieve the award?
and Rahul Dravid's name was recommended two years ago if i am not mistaken...
And that is all the BCCI is doing. Dravid wasnt selected, too bad. Dont blame the BCCI for that. They selected Dravid 2 years ago, they selected Dhoni this year. Whether he gets it or not is a different ballgame.
Why will they suddendly start showing him scoring runs. I believe he got one 50 in whole tour. Not even sure he got that! Watching DVDs will sudenly start showing yuvraj scoring runs in that tour as well?
Why dont you see and find out, rather than posting rubbish here?
Was he crap in all forms of the game on that tour?
If you are going to win awards then more then 1 test ton in your whole life is a must. No doubt you are the new breed of fan were all you care about are limited overs slogging and flashy smiles next to bollywood stars! I am sorry but until he delivers in tests he is no more then a rich mans Afiridi who incidentally retired from tests once to focus on odis!
If you are going to win awards then more then 1 test ton in your whole life is a must. No doubt you are the new breed of fan were all you care about are limited overs slogging and flashy smiles next to bollywood stars! I am sorry but until he delivers in tests he is no more then a rich mans Afiridi who incidentally retired from tests once to focus on odis!
Dhoni is a rich mans Afridi:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Keep coming out with those:haha::haha::haha:
i think Khel Ratn is awarded to those who are currently playing...otherwise...there are many stalwarts in many games who deserved Khel Ratn more than sachin or vishy or Bindra.. and Rahul Dravid's name was recommended two years ago if i am not mistaken...
Then the choice should be obvious - The Indian Test Captain :adore:

Confirmed : http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/aug/04dhoni.htm

An expert committee, chaired by Milkha Singh [images], met on Monday to discuss the nominees and decided to confer the award on Dhoni for leading India to the Twenty20 World Cup triumph.
Win the World Cup in 2011, and he will be a Bharat Ratna.
"On two occasions we felt let down, when Rahul Dravid [images] didn't get Khel Ratna and Yuvraj (Singh) was denied the Arjuna.
Yuvi is not even an Arjuna ! Serves him right, but Dhoni wasn't one either. Who knows, if Dhoni gets injured and Yuvi leads India to the T20WC next year, he will be Khel Ratna too.