Dhoni to receive Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna

Feed

Isn't it ironical Dhoni is being bestowed national honour but he's opted out of national duty?
Those are strong words and very dangerous allegations. He hasn't opted out if national duty. He has taken a tough decision to be able to server the nation longer and more effectively. All of us have obligations towards the nation. All of us have national duties. We all have a share in serving the nation. From paying taxes to keeping the system clean to keeping the roads clean. Most of us dont think twice before throwing the wrapper out of the car after finishing the chips. Most of us don't hesitate to hand a Rs50 note to a traffic constable with a look of disgust. When we are late for office, we don't hesitate to break 100 traffic rules and show the middle finger to those who yell. We see people committing crime and don't care to report it to the police. We walk past people taking drugs on footpaths and don't care to report. We don't think its necessary to file the taxes on time and in full. We live dual lives. We break hundreds of rules each day convinced that its okay to break them and back home we open the net and dont forget to question Dhoni's commitment to the national duties.

Name any indian player ever opting to rest from a MAJOR test series? Dravid, Sachin, Kumble and Ganguly would never dream of such a thing! Missing a test series!! these boys would have hid a broken leg from the management if it meant being able to play. MM can you please respond to my point above which I posted previously and you avoided answering.

Name any indian player ever opting to rest from a MAJOR test series? Dravid, Sachin, Kumble and Ganguly would never dream of such a thing! Missing a test series!! these boys would have hid a broken leg from the management if it meant being able to play. MM can you please respond to my point above which I posted previously and you avoided answering.
This is getting beyond the acceptable limits of sanity. Did Dhoni take a break and go on a vacation to Hawaii? Dsr, you are asking questions that simply dont have an answer and then goad me to answer it. :d Talking about answering questions, I see that you have conveniently missed my post where I have showed evidence that Dhoni wanted to miss the Asia cup but BCCI wouldnt allow him to and He also wanted to rest during the Saffie series itself, but played on despite injury concerns.
Those are strong words and very dangerous allegations. He hasn't opted out if national duty. He has taken a tough decision to be able to server the nation longer and more effectively. All of us have obligations towards the nation. All of us have national duties. We all have a share in serving the nation. From paying taxes to keeping the system clean to keeping the roads clean. Most of us dont think twice before throwing the wrapper out of the car after finishing the chips. Most of us don't hesitate to hand a Rs50 note to a traffic constable with a look of disgust. When we are late for office, we don't hesitate to break 100 traffic rules and show the middle finger to those who yell. We see people committing crime and don't care to report it to the police. We walk past people taking drugs on footpaths and don't care to report. We don't think its necessary to file the taxes on time and in full. We live dual lives. We break hundreds of rules each day convinced that its okay to break them and back home we open the net and dont forget to question Dhoni's commitment to the national duties.
Sorry I don't do any of that mentioned above by you. I don't break any rules including the traffic ones and haven't a ticket for traffic offense through out my life. I pay taxes in full and I don't see how I'm not contributing to the well being of the nation. In fact it's strange you feel we are that bad as you describe. We aren't bloody drug mafias. It sounds like one from your description :winky:
This is getting beyond the acceptable limits of sanity. Did Dhoni take a break and go on a vacation to Hawaii? Dsr, you are asking questions that simply dont have an answer and then goad me to answer it. :d Talking about answering questions, I see that you have conveniently missed my post where I have showed evidence that Dhoni wanted to miss the Asia cup but BCCI wouldnt allow him to and He also wanted to rest during the Saffie series itself, but played on despite injury concerns.
So you wont answer my questions posed. I am not goading just want straight answers. Which you clearly do not want to give!
Lets wait and watch a few more times. If he continues to discard test cricket' date=' then I wont waste a minute in changing my stand as well.[/quote'] I assume if this does happen then you will willingly admit that everythiong you posted in vehment defence of Dhoni in this regard to resting/alleged near injury etc you will retract and admit you were wrong in this thread?
So you wont answer my questions posed. I am not goading just want straight answers. Which you clearly do not want to give!
If you're referring to this,
What is your opinion on what he would choose? Or you dont give opinions anymore:-D
My answer is; He will turn up in whites, as often as he can and attend national duty.