Fineleg, you were right all along

Though it saddens me to see the state of the match, it also makes me happy. I really do not think the seniors have it them anymore, and if by any chance they would have made some runs in this match, they would have again hung around for another year or so, without any one questioning their place. Now that it almost sure we are gonna lose, I want heads to roll. Flab 4 should be shown their place, we should atleast have 2 new batsmen in for the next series. Also, it is time over for Kumble. We do not need him for Australia tour. I don't mind losing to them, if we can have a new beginning. Mendis factor was important, yes, doesn't hide the ineptness. Sachin got out to him only once in 6 times, and still averages 16 or so in the series. Dravid has been in poor form for too long, and Mendis factor just made it worse. Ganguly fell to Murali a number of times too.

Guest Hiten.
very well said Chandan .... I want to add to what you said about a true fan ... a true fan stands by his team unconditionally through thick and thin ..... you live thru days like these in the eternal hope that there is a Kolkatta ' date=' Adelaide Perth , Jo'Berg , Galle ..... just around the corner ... and those days come - more often than they used to earlier - and when they do I have absolutely no guilt in celebrating the teams success. That is the essence of sports fansmanship IMHO.[/quote'] BB, every member on this website is a true fan. But realistically when has our MO clicked collectively to save a test match for India (leave alone winning). Except RD and VVS none of the players have batted their skin out to win the test match for India from a losing position (read: Kolkata and Adelaide affair). Lashing out at players is the RIGHT achieved by fans because they have been waking up at 2 am in hope that these guys will bring a smile on their face but to only find out that they will fail yet again. FAB 4 have been totally dud when situations demanded them to stand up. All the talks about 'we have batsmen whose aggregated runs are more than 25k' is useless when Dammika Prasad outscores SRT's combined score.
Sydney (Ya I dont consider it as a loss) , Perth , Delhi , Galle ? These are just from the current year. If you think we need to win all test matches that we play then thats simply not going to happen. Even with 2 freaks such as M&M in their lineup the SL team lost at one of their fortress venues. That is beauty of Test match cricket. And to illustrate how freakish these 2 guys are ..... They both have Avg and s/r far better than lethal superfast strike bowlers such as Donald , Shoaib , Ambrose etc ...... think about it.
Preach it, brother! However, it's the early days of Mendis. I'll withhod judgment of his effectiveness until he has bowled against other line-ups in other circumstances.
Thanks for the support Faisal and Kabloee but I doubt if Laxman can carry on with that sprained ankle! He was in severe pain today. And what tail? Ishant is ruled out already. I doubt if he'll even come out to bat, Patel is already out and it is not much to expect anything from Kumble these days. He has deteriorated startlingly! And even if we get a lead by miracle, who'll bowl? Ganguly will open the bowling and most of the runs will be scored there! We have to give it to Lanka. They played much much better than India and hence luck was on their side as well. They deserve it.
Obviously its very tough to win from this situation but a lead of 150 should give IND an outside chance.I will have Kumble open the bowling with Zaheer and if they can remove the openers early then the middle order might panic and bring IND back in the match.
Sydney (Ya I dont consider it as a loss) , Perth , Delhi , Galle ? These are just from the current year. If you think we need to win all test matches that we play then thats simply not going to happen. Even with 2 freaks such as M&M in their lineup the SL team lost at one of their fortress venues. That is beauty of Test match cricket. And to illustrate how freakish these 2 guys are ..... They both have Avg and s/r far better than lethal superfast strike bowlers such as Donald , Shoaib , Ambrose etc ...... think about it.
Murali's SR is far worse than both Donald and Shoaib.

Too much over reaction as usual. Sri Lanka when they played India in India lost both test series and ODI series miserably. Wonder if you guys have any idea Sri Lanka's recent records at home. These posts make is sound as if India has already been handed 5-0 pasting in a test series.

yeah I know you would point that out .... but his avg is far better than Shoaib and dont even bother about no.of wickets ....... :-D And heres a list of Fast bowlers whose SR's are lessser than M&M ... Wasim, Ambrose, Flintoff Roberts Hoggard Harmison, Pollock, Gillespie Botham Kapil Walsh and lots more ....
Amazing record for a spinner. Just imagine if he always had a bowler like Mendis bowling from the other end.
Question on OP' date=' if tomorrow Dravid and laxman were to score big and we win the game (its happened a couple of times in past) would you change your stand ?[/quote'] No I wont. I would be very happy just like any other Indian fan but I still would question what BCCI has done to introduce new players who can replace these experienced players. Its ok to lose a series but what is worrying me is the form / fitness / lack of motivation of the senior players.
No I wont. I would be very happy just like any other Indian fan but I still would question what BCCI has done to introduce new players who can replace these experienced players. Its ok to lose a series but what is worrying me is the form / fitness / lack of motivation of the senior players.
The last one is especially worrying. Ofcourse form is a big worry too. Fitness - it is expected they wont be as fit as 23 year olds, so that is to be expected.
No I wont. I would be very happy just like any other Indian fan but I still would question what BCCI has done to introduce new players who can replace these experienced players. Its ok to lose a series but what is worrying me is the form / fitness / lack of motivation of the senior players.
I think Badrinath is Mr. India to our selectors. :--D
BB' date=' every member on this website is a true fan. But realistically [b']when has our MO clicked collectively to save a test match for India (leave alone winning). Except RD and VVS none of the players have batted their skin out to win the test match for India from a losing position (read: Kolkata and Adelaide affair). Lashing out at players is the RIGHT achieved by fans because they have been waking up at 2 am in hope that these guys will bring a smile on their face but to only find out that they will fail yet again. FAB 4 have been totally dud when situations demanded them to stand up. All the talks about 'we have batsmen whose aggregated runs are more than 25k' is useless when Dammika Prasad outscores SRT's combined score.
b_b, If every member will click, how will we ever be in a losing position and why would anyone need to bat out of his skins to save a match? A test is a game of 11 players in which it is taken that not everyone will be successful. When one team has more success than the other, that team wins in most of the matches. In this match our performance was poor? But what is the big deal? What on earth are you going to get after lashing at the players on a cricket forum as an anonymous member? If you think that we are going downhill and there is absolutely no way up from here, prepare a post that you'd like to see some changes and what they should be according to you. Discussing the merits of that post and knowing the viewpoint of other members will be more fulfilling, no?
Guest Hiten.
Too much over reaction as usual. Sri Lanka when they played India in India lost both test series and ODI series miserably. Wonder if you guys have any idea Sri Lanka's recent records at home. These posts make is sound as if India has already been handed 5-0 pasting in a test series.
Ravi, to me (and others on this board (I think)) it does not matter how we mauled SL when they visited India. The real test for our men was to hit SL hard in their own very backyard, which we have failed to do it yet again.
b_b, If every member will click, how will we ever be in a losing position and why would anyone need to bat out of his skins to save a match? A test is a game of 11 players in which it is taken that not everyone will be successful. When one team has more success than the other, that team wins in most of the matches. In this match our performance was poor? But what is the big deal? What on earth are you going to get after lashing at the players on a cricket forum as an anonymous member? If you think that we are going downhill and there is absolutely no way up from here, prepare a post that you'd like to see some changes and what they should be according to you. Discussing the merits of that post and knowing the viewpoint of other members will be more fulfilling, no?
I certainly cannot do anything but lash out our players on this website, because I believe this website was created not just to praise our players over the top 365 days a year but this website was created (I think) for us helpless soul to share their sentiments and anger when the Indian cricket team performs bad. I'll post my views about what changes we should make in tests later tomorrow. Right now I am exhausted. @Bossbhai: I am in no way asking our men to win all the test matches they play (example: India's tour of Aus, even though we lost the series I think our men fought like real test cricketers and were hard done by poor umpiring in Sydney. In short I was satisfied with the result).
@Bossbhai: I am in no way asking our men to win all the test matches they play (example: India's tour of Aus, even though we lost the series I think our men fought like real test cricketers and were hard done by poor umpiring in Sydney. In short I was satisfied with the result).
Correct, no need to win all tests, but disgraceful defeats where Indian players are like centipede like what Bumper mentioned, is what irks most.