Tendulkar ruled out of ODI series, Badri replaces him

h4te

This is the team I think they will field. Gauti Sehwag Raina Yuvi Dhoni Rohit Irfan Harbhajan Ojha RPS ZK I don't see any problems with this team except (as much as it hurts me to say this) Irfan. But Rohit did not look too great against Mendis (who did? :D). So, hopefully he does better this time and if he fails, I really wish Badri gets slotted in.

Slot in Badri for Rohit right away. Lets get the suspense over with and see what this guy can do against the Lankan spin demons.
and if he fails in that one match throw him out..he needs a gud run for all his performances in first class level..if ever there was a cricketer who has come thro the proper domestic structure, stacking up runs against all oppositions,captaining India A team and so on its Badri..he deserves a gud look in..a full series before arriving at a judgment..
Dravid and Laxman both got PWNED. Wat's the logic in that? And they were never in the reckoning for the one-day side. If you mean stay back to give pointers in the dressing room' date=' I dont even see any merit in that :D[/quote'] India will most likely play 7 batsman. 4 of them will be Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj and Dhoni. Given how well he played during asia cup Raina will be the 5th batsman. So you have two slots and the choice is Rohit/Badri/Virat. Rohit has had a few bad series while Badri and Virat will be making their debut. If we were to lose both the openers by 10th over this batting line up is looking at 20 overs from Murli and Mendis. In the absence of Sachin even if we were to lose one quick wicket having Dravid or VVS at 3 meant atleast there was someone who could hold one end. Virat was selected when Sachin was available i seriously doubt he would have been selected had sachin got injured before team was selected. I wonder if they discussed Kaif after all we are playing in SL. Kaif would have been handy.
How many of you think someone else would have been called up instead of Badri' date=' had he not openly expressed his disappointment over not getting picked in the initial squad?[/quote'] Good Point. Has the media helped Badrinath in this example? Surely seems like it. He got the nod ahead of guys like Tiwary and Uthappa, and to some extent Yusuf Pathan but he had a poor showing given his limited chances. Whether Badrinath gets in the final XI is another question. IMO, India needs to play 7 genuine batsmen including Dhoni. So with this setup, Badrinath could make it to the final XI Kohli was a surprise inclusion especially ahead of someone like Shikhar Dhawan.
Kohli was a surprise inclusion especially ahead of someone like Shikhar Dhawan.
Surprise inclusion? He was 'shock inclusion'! It was Dhwan who had performed exceedingly well in the Deodhar trophy and in Australia he was the highest run-scorer for the series from all the countries before final and of course was the highest run scorer for India by a mile. Yet he was overlooked for the inconsistent Kohli who had very little to show apart from just one century. Kohli's selection over Dhawan has been shocking. Dhawan deserved a chance before Badri if we go by this years Emerging Players' Tournament!
Surprise inclusion? He was 'shock inclusion'! It was Dhwan who had performed exceedingly well in the Deodhar trophy and in Australia he was the highest run-scorer for the series from all the countries before final and of course was the highest run scorer for India by a mile. Yet he was overlooked for the inconsistent Kohli who had very little to show apart from just one century. Kohli's selection over Dhawan has been shocking. Dhawan deserved a chance before Badri if we go by this years Emerging Players' Tournament!
True. Poor guy doesn't seem to have support where it counts.If only @mit$ was more influential.........:((