Lets see how great a captain Dhoni is!

Flawed logic jf1gp_1. Firstly, not always do they pick "passengers". The squad is picked based on the best possible 15 or 16. Incase a few of the 15 or 16 get injured, then the reserve is no longer a passenger. So, thats how you pick. Secondly, for ODI-1, you did not have Sachin and you did not have Viru. So, who did MSD go to for the first pick amongst Kholi and S.B? Tell us. Both are middle order bats, and not openers.

I said this before, when kohli was selected Sachin, Sehwag both were fit and there was no way he was going to get a game unless ofcourse we won the first 3 ODIs to win the series. Give me your honest opinion, if you were a selector and were asked to pick a passenger wouldnt you pick a 19yr old one for future for whom it would be such a good learning experience instead of an exp Badri.
what kinda logic is that..listen u pick the best players for ur country..by best players i mean those who are consistently performing in the domestic level..and Badri has been Mr.Consistent for quite some time..so he shd have been picked ahead of Kohli..Kohli is just 19 y the heck shd he be rushed into the national scene..there is lot to learn frm the domestic circuit..Dravid did that..he played a lot of domestic cricket before becoming the great cricketer that he is now..so yes if i am an indian selector i wud pick the best players around not the bright talents..the bright talent if thrown in too early can get lost also..so they shd play a gud couple of season in first class level before getting into the national team..
satishg, Also dont forget this:
well finey that i can partially agree with..i mean Virat comes one down sometimes and he is an attacking player..so MSD took the gamble with him to open..Badri for all the years that he has played has always been in the MO..he has never really had the chance to open and u would not want to get him into the team and ask him to open straight away coz he is an accomplished MO bat..u know wat happened to Badani rite..he was made to open in the tests but he never clicked..So MSD must have given that a serious thot and since Virat is young and an attacking player he must have gone with him..thats wat i think..
Flawed logic jf1gp_1. Firstly, not always do they pick "passengers". The squad is picked based on the best possible 15 or 16. Incase a few of the 15 or 16 get injured, then the reserve is no longer a passenger. So, thats how you pick. Secondly, for ODI-1, you did not have Sachin and you did not have Viru. So, who did MSD go to for the first pick amongst Kholi and S.B? Tell us. Both are middle order bats, and not openers.
Lets go back to the original squad had sachin and sehwag been fit our playing xi would have been Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj,Dhoni, Raina, Pathan, Bhaji, Zaheer, Munaf , Ojha. We still had Rohit Sharma and Parthiv as backup with 16th member warming bench, unless ofcourse Dhoni had a crystal ball and had know about injures to key players which would allow him to play his trump card Virat Kohli. You want to accuse Dhoni of not playing Patel as an opener even after all 3 openers are injured i can accept it. But i will not accept picking Badrinath instead of kohli in the original squad would not have resulted in him being just a passenger.

MSD...Mr cool should win the next match also....he played a very sensible knock....and he is rightly the captain of Indian team in the ODIs....eventhough I'm a big fan of UV....I feel that UV is not a captain material....and should stop thinking about becoming one...and focus on his game...especially against spinners..:winky:

Guest dada_rocks

Never did any of those cricketers play non-stop test one-day 20/20 as a wicket keeper.. so any comparison is baseless.. Captain's knock when team needed it

Guest dada_rocks

people crib abut hisa technique but to me he is personfication if if life ghives u lemon make lemonade.. if uf have some lacunae in ur technqiue then be informed and play to your strength........