Irfan Pathan: Enough is enough

bunny

If Pathan doesn't bowl well in this match, he should either become a full time batsman or be relegated to domestic cricket. Enough is enough. The amount of favouritism that Uthappa, Pathan and Rohit Sharma have enjoyed in the last 7 months or so is mind-boggling.

As much as I like Irfan Pathan, he should not be in the team right now. He should jhave been dropped earlier on and told to go and play in England which is exactly what Zak did in 06 and was so successful there and now of course, he's our leading paceman.
Good suggestion. County will help him.

pathan is not needed in odis or tests and is a waste atm, send him back, and will do much better im sure. His bowling has gone down BIG TIME His batting has improved but not to an extent where he should be in the team. Rmaesh powar could bat better than him

Good suggestion. County will help him.
I wish. The BCCI clamped down on Indian payers going to county cricket because of their ICL links. Last I heard, there were only two counties who didn't have links in the ICL which were eligible. However, a far greater issue is that one of the ECB chairpersons and Lalit Modi don't see eye to eye on this IPL thing primarily from the Champion's League. The ECB are fairly entrenched in their position where they feel that the BCCI is dictating to them where their own players should be allowed to play and make a living (ie ICL) and I see their point. Even if the ban is lifted from the BCCI on Indian players joining county cricket (which it won't be fore the forseable future), can you really see English Counties embracing Indian foreign players now? Maybe the star players but I'm sure the Counties won't be so keen in invested their time and money on Indian players since the BCCI pretty much told them to piss off because they had ICL links. Pathan's case is interesting. He's definitely getting movement and swing. What's lacking now is accuracy in bowling a consistent line. Today Kumar/Patel/Khan were bowling wicket to wicket and letting the conditions and pitch dictate movement. Pathan seems to have lost that radar. I wrote about it in an earlier thread dedicated to Pathan where I feel he just needs to nail down his length and line correctly first and bowling close to the wicket will help that as it's easier to bowl a good line from there. Right now he's the fourth bowler in the team.