Rohit Sharma

Where was he making excuses? he blamed his own shot selection. he also said he is looking forward to Irani trophy, so obviously he is thinking about FC cricket. i dont see him blaming anyone else. you obviously didnt read the article.
I think just talk without performance makes him sound like a moron. If at all he blames his shot selection, he should have a quiet discussion with the coach/captain and not talk to the media. This comes across as a purely attention hogging/staying in the limelight kinda exercise. He did mention the Irani trophy but his pathetic batting average even in FC demands that he let his bat do the talking than his mouth. I definitely see the talent him, but his commitment/motivation is suspect. Finally, I am entitled to my opinion, so :finger:
I think just talk without performance makes him sound like a moron. If at all he blames his shot selection' date=' he should have a quiet discussion with the coach/captain and not talk to the media. This comes across as a purely attention hogging/staying in the limelight kinda exercise. He did mention the Irani trophy but his pathetic batting average even in FC demands that he let his bat do the talking than his mouth. I definitely see the talent him, but his commitment/motivation is suspect. Finally, I am entitled to my opinion, so :finger:[/quote'] Most of these guys are contractually obligated to do certain interviews. He was probably just answering an interview question. If he refused to answer all these questions, people will start to think he is getting a big head and stuff. I think you guys are seriously over-reacting. He is a very talented batsman. He started well, and now is struggling. When he was asked about it, he blamed it on his own poor shot selection. He didnt say he was having bad luck, or "everyone has ups and down" ... he took the full blame (as he should) and is looking forward to domestic cricket where he can earn his spot back.
Guest gaurav_indian
Badri is all hype. He has got no chance -- definitely not in the first XI. He is very inconsistent for my liking
Manish Pandey and Abhishek Nayar are better than Badri.
As we saw in the last match sharma has the talent to succeed but his recent form has pushed him down the order all the way to no 7.looking at his stats he has struggled while coming in at 3.his 4 half centuries are when he came in at4' date=' 5 and 6.Dhoni is obvously playing very well this series so sharma will probably come after him but in future I would like sharma to come in @ 4 or 5 (ahead of yuvraj)so that he has the time to settle and this allows our bigger hitters(yuvraj and dhoni)to finish off the innings.[/quote'] good point
i really feel Rohit will come into own and establish himself in this series.he can take his time too as he will be opening with gautam.
I hope so. But I am beginning to think that he might need the kind of shock Yuvraj got [when he was dropped in the beginning of his international career] to bring some more focus into his batting. The number of times he gets out to stupid mistakes is ridiculously high.

Focus on T20 because of IPL has totally ruined the temperament of cricketers. They just throw the bat at every ball. Because of that good innings builders like Rahane in the domestic cricket get sidelined because they are not able to hit sixes and fours at will. Thank god players like Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly didn't make their debut during T20 era. They might have never played for India. We would have had Amay Khurashiya, Atul bedade instead as stars.