Rohit Sharma

As we saw in the last match sharma has the talent to succeed but his recent form has pushed him down the order all the way to no 7.looking at his stats he has struggled while coming in at 3.his 4 half centuries are when he came in at4, 5 and 6.Dhoni is obvously playing very well this series so sharma will probably come after him but in future I would like sharma to come in @ 4 or 5 (ahead of yuvraj)so that he has the time to settle and this allows our bigger hitters(yuvraj and dhoni)to finish off the innings.

Id bat Raina at 3, Dhoni at 4 (he needs to be there IMO), and Sharma at 5 with Badri at 6 and Yuvi at 7 I think Raina, Sharma and Badri will more likely play longer innings if there is Dhoni between them in the batting order guiding them through the middle overs and facing the spinners, setting up a launching pad for Yuvraj to come in and do what Yuvraj does best (also, the only thing he knows how to do) ... slog the medium pacers.

Its very important that RS understands that there SRT and VS who will be in the next series. So unless he gets his acts together, it could be anybody's spot between, SR, VK, RS and SB. We will only need 2 of these 4. So it is good competition. No wonder, RD and SG didn't find place in ODI team. Besides, SRT/VS taking occassional breaks would give these youngsters good chances to play in the 11. I think we are shaping up well for Twenty Eleven WC.

Rohit Sharma on missing big runs in SL Rohit Sharma dwells on why he missed out on the big runs in spite of getting good starts in Sri Lanka More... ‘I played too many shots too early’ Gautam Sheth Wednesday, September 03, 2008 04:40 IST Rohit Sharma dwells on why he missed out on the big runs in spite of getting good starts in Sri Lanka MUMBAI: He wasn’t among the runs in Sri Lanka and that will definitely rankle Rohit Sharma. Consistently is one of the ingredients that defines a great batsman and Sharma only knows too well that he will have to make each innings in the middle count. “I played too many shots too early,” Sharma told DNA on Monday evening. In the victorious campaign, his highest score was an impressive 32 in a partnership of 67 with Suresh Raina. He missed out on most occasions after getting good starts. Going for the big shots early in his innings is an instinct Sharma has learnt to curb, especially during the CB series in Australia. It seems to have cropped up again. In all Sharma made 72 run in the Idea Cup. He also faced mystery spinner Ajantha Mendis. However, he was quick to suggest that it wasn’t the novelty of Mendis that did him in. “People are getting used to him. Most batsmen haven’t played him before. There is a novelty factor to Mendis and that is why he is so potent,” Sharma added. “Even in the Test series the senior and experience batsmen played him for the first time and more over Mendis has more time to bowl against the batsmen in the longer version of the game,” he said trying to put in perspective why Mendis didn’t look as menacing in ODI series. “The next time we play Mendis he will have a tougher time,” Sharma added. Sharma, however, is elated that the team could win their first series on Sri Lankan soil. “It was a hard fought series. We would have wanted to win the last ODI too, but that was not to be. But going 3-1 up before the final game was a fine achievement,” he said. However, the young batsman is now focussed on his game with the new season on the horizon. “I am looking forward to play in the Irani Trophy. It will be a good contest and will have the best players. It’s a good way to start the season,” he added. On hearing about Andrew Symonds, his Deccan Chargers’ teammate, being sent home on disciplinary grounds, Rohit said: “Symonds is a character and is in his own world most of the time. But he is one of the most complete and competitive cricketers in the world.”

Rohit please STFU and stop giving excuses!! Go back to FC and make some runs!
Where was he making excuses? he blamed his own shot selection. he also said he is looking forward to Irani trophy, so obviously he is thinking about FC cricket. i dont see him blaming anyone else. you obviously didnt read the article.