I really respect the Aussies.

siddhu

I really respect the Aussies for excluding Symonds. Aussies have not compromised on discipline. Symonds has been one of the most prolific performers in the Aussie side for the past few years and eventhough he could have been the difference between winning and loosing the most coveted series of this decade. His bowling may not be the difference, but his batting will definitely be missed by Aussies. CA has not backed down and decided to punish him for his indiscretion. They have set a bar, that unfortunately our padosis do not seem to understand. Time and again our padosis seem to go back to Mr Chucktar and Mr. Druggie, despite their innumerable indiscretions. I won't be surprised if we see doped up Asif play again for Pakistan during the India series.

I think Symonds was deliberately removed from the squad because of the 'monkey chants' that was ought to follow during the Aussie tour (if Symo played). To avoid all the non-sense drama CA may have decided to "drop" Symonds from the test team. I won't be surprised if Symonds is the first player to be named for the upcoming SA tour to Aus and Ashes to follow. Of course, I am just speculating so I might be wrong.

I think Symonds was deliberately removed from the squad because of the 'monkey chants' that was ought to follow during the Aussie tour (if Symo played). To avoid all the non-sense drama CA may have decided to "drop" Symonds from the test team. I won't be surprised if Symonds is the first player to be named for the upcoming SA tour to Aus and Ashes to follow. Of course' date= I am just speculating so I might be wrong.
But B_B why would they do that while on tour to Bangladesh?
I think Symonds was deliberately removed from the squad because of the 'monkey chants' that was ought to follow during the Aussie tour (if Symo played). To avoid all the non-sense drama CA may have decided to "drop" Symonds from the test team.
Huh? If that was the case he would not have come for the IPL either. Besides, it is the Indian board which would be facing the heat in case of any monkey chants, not the ACB.
I really respect the Aussies for excluding Symonds. Aussies have not compromised on discipline. Symonds has been one of the most prolific performers in the Aussie side for the past few years and eventhough he could have been the difference between winning and loosing the most coveted series of this decade. His bowling may not be the difference' date=' but his batting will definitely be missed by Aussies. CA has not backed down and decided to punish him for his indiscretion. They have set a bar, that unfortunately our padosis do not seem to understand. Time and again our padosis seem to go back to Mr Chucktar and Mr. Druggie, despite their innumerable indiscretions. I won't be surprised if we see doped up Asif play again for Pakistan during the India series.[/quote'] Excellent point. There's a reason why Aus have been at the top for so long. Its not just about having the most talented players, its also about having a strong work-ethic, strict team disciplinary regimen. The worst thing that can happpen to a team is to have people who dont follow discipline, and this is not just restricted to cricket alone. The discipline levels of the military are so high coz they want to be on stand-by, EVERY single day, so that they can go out and perform their duties whenever they're called upon. A cricket team is very much like that. You want every one of your team members to be on their 'A game', every time they enter a field. Aus have been so successful, for so long because, most often that not, all of their players are on their 'peak performance' level, before they start any match. In that way, even if one player fails, which is bound to happen in the game of cricket, another steps up on the podium to take the honors. Our subcontinental mindset is driven and guided by individualistic traits, with rampant groupism inside teams. On top of that, you have this terrible 'senior-junior' split. So, we always end up with having to deal with one team issue or another. This being the case, there's more on the minds of cricketers than cricket alone, when they take up the field. So, Asian teams will dazzle every once in a while, make you feel as though they're unbeatable, but they will never be consistent. The Aussies have my greatest respect for the kind of mechanisms they've put in place to ensure excellence, every single time. I am sure every single team meeting/practice session is planned well in advance, with clear cut agendas of what to do/what not to do. Its not like a bunch of guys turn up at the ground sometime around half past 9 and start throwing some balls around. Its very much like a corporate set-up.
Excellent point. There's a reason why Aus have been at the top for so long. Its not just about having the most talented players, its also about having a strong work-ethic, strict team disciplinary regimen. The worst thing that can happpen to a team is to have people who dont follow discipline, and this is not just restricted to cricket alone. The discipline levels of the military are so high coz they want to be on stand-by, EVERY single day, so that they can go out and perform their duties whenever they're called upon. A cricket team is very much like that. You want every one of your team members to be on their 'A game', every time they enter a field. Aus have been so successful, for so long because, most often that not, all of their players are on their 'peak performance' level, before they start any match. In that way, even if one player fails, which is bound to happen in the game of cricket, another steps up on the podium to take the honors. Our subcontinental mindset is driven and guided by individualistic traits, with rampant groupism inside teams. On top of that, you have this terrible 'senior-junior' split. So, we always end up with having to deal with one team issue or another. This being the case, there's more on the minds of cricketers than cricket alone, when they take up the field. So, Asian teams will dazzle every once in a while, make you feel as though they're unbeatable, but they will never be consistent. The Aussies have my greatest respect for the kind of mechanisms they've put in place to ensure excellence, every single time. I am sure every single team meeting/practice session is planned well in advance, with clear cut agendas of what to do/what not to do. Its not like a bunch of guys turn up at the ground sometime around half past 9 and start throwing some balls around. Its very much like a corporate set-up.
Could not agree more! That is why Aussies are world champions. India will still lose to this team.

yep as all the previous posters have pointed out,thats wat makes aussies the team they are..they dont care abt reputations..they are disciplined and no one is above the game according to them..its very hard for us to be like them..ours is a country ruled by emotions and wen that happens sometimes logic takes the backseat..

Excellent point. There's a reason why Aus have been at the top for so long. Its not just about having the most talented players, its also about having a strong work-ethic, strict team disciplinary regimen. The worst thing that can happpen to a team is to have people who dont follow discipline, and this is not just restricted to cricket alone. The discipline levels of the military are so high coz they want to be on stand-by, EVERY single day, so that they can go out and perform their duties whenever they're called upon. A cricket team is very much like that. You want every one of your team members to be on their 'A game', every time they enter a field. Aus have been so successful, for so long because, most often that not, all of their players are on their 'peak performance' level, before they start any match. In that way, even if one player fails, which is bound to happen in the game of cricket, another steps up on the podium to take the honors. Our subcontinental mindset is driven and guided by individualistic traits, with rampant groupism inside teams. On top of that, you have this terrible 'senior-junior' split. So, we always end up with having to deal with one team issue or another. This being the case, there's more on the minds of cricketers than cricket alone, when they take up the field. So, Asian teams will dazzle every once in a while, make you feel as though they're unbeatable, but they will never be consistent. The Aussies have my greatest respect for the kind of mechanisms they've put in place to ensure excellence, every single time. I am sure every single team meeting/practice session is planned well in advance, with clear cut agendas of what to do/what not to do. Its not like a bunch of guys turn up at the ground sometime around half past 9 and start throwing some balls around. Its very much like a corporate set-up.
very well put m&m. :two_thumbs_up:

Many of the upcoming Indian stars who played in the IPL, like Badrinath, have raved about the professional training methods of the Aussies. In a recent interview, he has talked about how much he learnt, just watching guys like Hussey, Hayden, prepare themselves for a game. The Aussies are mercilessly professional. Its in their culture, their set-up On the other side of the spectrum, look at a team like Pakistan. The team's in total shambles, with most of their star players indeited in one charge or the other. There are atleast 3-4 people who are actively campaigning in the media for captaincy, you have players openly speaking against fellow players in public. Its a miracle that Pakistan is still able to put together a bunch of 11 players for a cricket match. I dont think the day is far off, when a Pak player actually fails to turn up on match-day. Things are so bad there.

yep as all the previous posters have pointed out' date='thats wat makes aussies the team they are..they dont care abt reputations..[b']they are disciplined and no one is above the game according to them..its very hard for us to be like them..ours is a country ruled by emotions and wen that happens sometimes logic takes the backseat..
Yes, one of the things that make Aus the champions they are.

his last 2 100s in test cricket came with the help of umpires. We all know what happened against India at SCG and after that even against WI he got couple of lives. Im not saying that he is not a good batsman but he is certainly not as good as Hayden , Clarke , Hussey , Ponting. As for respect , well most the players are very committed and have made sacrifices to get into the test side. I think CA is doing a good job but they have made many mistakes as well like Not supporting Symo when he really needed them to , Not banning M Waugh and S warne for taking money from the bookies , letting smyo talk too much to the media , not taking any action against Hayen when he said something not so nice about Bhajji on the radio , for not disciplining symo when he was not getting along with any player (aussie or from opposition) , taking any action against Warne when he openly criticized the coach and his plans etc !

I really respect the Aussies for excluding Symonds. Aussies have not compromised on discipline. Symonds has been one of the most prolific performers in the Aussie side for the past few years and eventhough he could have been the difference between winning and loosing the most coveted series of this decade. His bowling may not be the difference' date=' but his batting will definitely be missed by Aussies. CA has not backed down and decided to punish him for his indiscretion. They have set a bar, that unfortunately our padosis do not seem to understand. Time and again our padosis seem to go back to [b']Mr Chucktar and Mr. Druggie, despite their innumerable indiscretions. I won't be surprised if we see doped up Asif play again for Pakistan during the India series.
Shoaib has been cleared by ICC... going this way, even we have Chukbhajan... at topic, We indeed shud take leaf from ACB board... either be disciplined or get lost